Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

No start and/or fuel issues...

Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No start and/or fuel issues...

In responding to a members question I looked up the Fuel System in the service manual. I found this very interesting piece of information. It explains some of the interesting things that we have found in troubleshooting the 'No Start' issues...... Just info to keep in the back of your mind (where things tend to get lost on me)...

The fuel system provides fuel pressure by an external fuel pump mounted under the vehicle near the fuel tank outlet. The PCM controls the operation of the fuel system by providing battery voltage to the fuel pump through the fuel pump relay. The PCM requires only three inputs and a good ground to operate the fuel pump relay.
The three inputs are:
² Ignition voltage
² Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor
² Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor

The fuel pressure regulator and main fuel filter are combined into a single unit. A strainer inside the fuel tank also provides a means of preliminary filtering of the fuel before it leaves the bottom of the fuel tank. The fuel tank filler tube assembly, which is permanently fixed to the fuel tank, uses a pressure/vacuum 1/4 turn fuel filler cap.