Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!
View Poll Results: If NEW Code3 Pulleys were made I would...
buy 1 - prepared to pay up to $500
85.71%
buy 1 - prepared to pay $500 or more
4.76%
buy 2 (saving one for later) for $1000
0%
sit tight and use my current modified pulley
9.52%
use my SRT6 stock oem pulley
0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

C3 pulley inquiry requested by vendor: "If new pulleys were made I would..."

Old 04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C3 pulley inquiry: "If new pulleys were made I would..."

This is an inquiry to see the market for NEW manufactured Code 3 gen 2 pulleys. Your answer will be a deciding factor if they will start producing them. If high enough number our (or most of us) wish MIGHT come true.

Last edited by FUBU; 04-12-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: C3 pulley inquiry requested by vendor: "If new pulleys were made I would..."

something to consider. if the company you contacted can build a 65mm pulley why not have them build a 63 or 62 mm pulley? might get you more interest

Old 04-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Default Re: C3 pulley inquiry requested by vendor: "If new pulleys were made I would..."

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
something to consider. if the company you contacted can build a 65mm pulley why not have them build a 63 or 62 mm pulley? might get you more interest
If the interest is high they can make anything.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't they need to see one first? Or are they looking at the stock pulley? I would like to see the limit pushed a little like 32 stated, but, this isn't an easy product to make, and selling a handful probably won't make it cheap. I'm interested in seeing what you can do though. Good luck...

Old 04-12-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Don't they need to see one first? Or are they looking at the stock pulley? I would like to see the limit pushed a little like 32 stated, but, this isn't an easy product to make, and selling a handful probably won't make it cheap. I'm interested in seeing what you can do though. Good luck...
If there is a demand a supply will appear. We just need to say what we want and that many people will be wanting them. Handful is definitely not enough. I thought the interest would be higher. Might be my name turning people away. But the c3 would be attracting interest....

Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM

nothing good happens overnight fubu. be patient , keep the thread alive once a week or so and see what happens. also try the c32 section of the mbworld forum. same engine. between the 2 sites you might get what you need # wise. if your wanting 15 to 20 it can be done. if you want 100 or more you have a long uphill battle in front of you

Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by FUBU
If there is a demand a supply will appear. We just need to say what we want and that many people will be wanting them. Handful is definitely not enough. I thought the interest would be higher. Might be my name turning people away. But the c3 would be attracting interest....
How many Code 3 pulleys do you think are out there? You should have a poll on how many owned them now, and how many would be interested in the future...you will be surprised...

Old 04-13-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
How many Code 3 pulleys do you think are out there? You should have a poll on how many owned them now, and how many would be interested in the future...you will be surprised...
according to 180 I do too many posts. feel free to help me in the quest for new C3 pulleys.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Bump to get this poll going...

Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 PM

just sayin' FUBU, counting everyone that has a pulley, whether 178, 181, 185 or a modified SC pulley, and the code 3...my guess is less than 50 total SRT's...I'm not counting MB's, 'cause I don't spend much time over there. There are just a handful of us gearheads that like to go fast quickly, most keep them stock....

Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C3 pulley inquiry: "If new pulleys were made I would..."

This is an inquiry to see the market for NEW manufactured Code 3 gen 2 pulleys. Your answer will be a deciding factor if they will start producing them. If high enough number our (or most of us) wish MIGHT come true.

I am shocked no other company has made a pulley for our cars to compete with the code 3's.
You think someone/manufacture would have jumped at the opportunity to make one, since the demand seems to be so high for a supercharger pulley like the code 3.

Rick

Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rick249
I am shocked no other company has made a pulley for our cars to compete with the code 3's.
You think someone/manufacture would have jumped at the opportunity to make one, since the demand seems to be so high for a supercharger pulley like the code 3.

Rick
My thoughts exactly. An easy intsall and you retain the stock belt.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
My thoughts exactly. An easy intsall and you retain the stock belt.
Well according to this survey noone seem to be interested. only 10 people. the contact I have want to see more numbers before starting manufacturing. What could be done to make the C3 even better? Please write criterias and make your SRT fellows to vote the poll so they got somewhat proof of interest. And as of today only 11 people are interested. So let us make things happen. The company probably will need a blueprint of the C3 with measurements or a real one in order duplicate it and alter it to the better. But that must be done at a later stage as first they want to see the interest.
10 people $500 = $5000 = not enough for them to even show up to work

Old 04-15-2011, 06:44 AM

Well according to this survey noone seem to be interested. only 10 people. the contact I have want to see more numbers before starting manufacturing. What could be done to make the C3 even better? Please write criterias and make your SRT fellows to vote the poll so they got somewhat proof of interest. And as of today only 11 people are interested. So let us make things happen. The company probably will need a blueprint of the C3 with measurements or a real one in order duplicate it and alter it to the better. But that must be done at a later stage as first they want to see the interest.
10 people $500 = $5000 = not enough for them to even show up to work
Has someone posted this on the MBENZ forum?
I am sure this would spark interest in a few members over there.....
Are we able to bring this blog to the vendors area?
I am sure it grab more attention there.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM

Are you a member overthere?

Old 04-16-2011, 02:47 PM

C3 pulley inquiry requested by vendor: "If new pulleys were made I would..." - MBWorld.org Forums

Old 04-16-2011, 02:51 PM

you have to consider the total amount of interest. there are only approx 12,000 3.2 s/c engines in the world. thats hardly enough to get a manufacturer to invest in the r&d needed to make the unit viable for sale. add to that the fact that there will be no more engines made and its just not worth the trouble to do.
look at how long we have been working on the wavetrac and that was with 22 deposits totaling $12,000 with another $11,000 due at shipping. the odds of another diff build are not good. the support for these cars and the 3.2 s/c engine in general just isn't there. face it if it wasn't for eurocharged , needswings and a small group of dedicated gearheads there wouldn't be any support at all .

i applaude all who try and if its built ill buy 1 if the price is right. but not holding my breath!

Last edited by 32krazy!; 04-16-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

You have to look at the design parameters, CrossfireKat said that machining the OEM pulley down to the C3 diameter was not possible due to the groove inside the bore. If the groove was not there then presumably it could be machined to the C3 size.

Would it be possible to machine one smaller? Probably not or the C3 could have been made smaller is my guess and with the diameters of the bearing and the hub on the SC remaining the same then a reduction of the C3 size may be not feasible.
What is the wall thickness on the C3 between the root of the belt grooves and the largest inside diameter? That is the size that would determine the feasibility of going smaller. The belt grooves could be made shallower to the bare minimum if they are not already at that size.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM

Are you a member overthere?
I am a member "over" there!!

I hope you can get the ball rolling with this...

Old 04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You have to look at the design parameters, CrossfireKat said that machining the OEM pulley down to the C3 diameter was not possible due to the groove inside the bore. If the groove was not there then presumably it could be machined to the C3 size.

Would it be possible to machine one smaller? Probably not or the C3 could have been made smaller is my guess and with the diameters of the bearing and the hub on the SC remaining the same then a reduction of the C3 size may be not feasible.
What is the wall thickness on the C3 between the root of the belt grooves and the largest inside diameter? That is the size that would determine the feasibility of going smaller. The belt grooves could be made shallower to the bare minimum if they are not already at that size.
Correct me if I'm wrong ....and I know someone will, but wouldn't making a SC pulley smaller than the C3 result in too many revolutions that could result in bearing failure and too much boost + too lean = catastrophic failure.
Therfore, this machining of bearing size would have to be very scientific to ensure these issues are addressed ??

Quick Reply: C3 pulley inquiry requested by vendor: "If new pulleys were made I would..."