Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

HID Installed today.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Installed today.

Guys, purchased the kit and installed it today, took my time and all went really well. 2hr install as I like a neat job..

Now just waiting for the Ultra LED bulbs for the "dips"...

Old 07-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Forum Regular

Looks good. Do you have any pics of the wiring you needed? Was it an easy install? What components did you buy and how much? I'm thinking of the same but am new to modding so I am on a steep learning curve!

Old 07-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Default Same here

I also installed mine yesterday. They look awesome. Mine came straight out of an Infiniti. THe install was a *****. I wanted to take out the headlights to make sure teh bulb fit in right and the metal clip was holding the bulb down so in order to take out teh headlight you have to take out off the bumper. Which i did i will post pics when i have some time at my computer at home. I did all that taking off the bumper and wiring adn then back on and they wokred great. The thing i didnt know was i tried to start my car and wouldnt start so make a long story short my HID had a power wire and 2 grounds. I spliced teh power and ground into the wiring harness on the back on the headlight and the other ground i grounded to the car DO NOT GROUND IT TO THE HARNESS GROUND. It shorted out all my blinkeer sand instrument cluster adn caused the problem. I took it all off again and then took the ground from the harness and grounded it to the car with the other ground wire and now it is working flawlesly and looks awesome. I think i know how to hook up the HID after doing it basically 3 times.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Default Hey bmerfan

Hey bmerfan what Ultra LED bulbs for the "dips"... are u taking about what bulb size and where did u order them from

Old 07-08-2004, 02:32 PM

My god, what a nightmare for some of you guys.. the install was really easy, plug and play... purchased the kit from a really nice chap on ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7909559190

The kit is superb...

install pics as follows:

Take your time and it'll be worth it.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:50 PM

NICE JOB, I JUST FINISHED ORDERING MINE. WHICH ONE YOU HAVE THE XENON 8000K OR THE 6000K.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAXIMA
NICE JOB, I JUST FINISHED ORDERING MINE. WHICH ONE YOU HAVE THE XENON 8000K OR THE 6000K.
It says "This is a BRAND NEW inthe box 8000K HID conversion Kit in stock ready to be shipped" on the page he linked.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular

Are HIDs road legal in the UK? I thought another thread mentioned that we would need headlight washers for HIDs to be legal.

They do look great though.

Old 07-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

with some aftermarket hid kits...the bulb is longer than the stock/factory headlamp bulb and the bulb/socket needs silicone to hold it in place or join/connect wiring (see pic). is this the case with the kit you purchased or did the bulb plug in the factory headlamp housing as normal without any modifications? thanks!

Old 07-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Default HID FOGS

Andrew ure set up looks good. Nice and clean. Mine had 2 ground wires so i grounded them to the car rather than the harness. QUESTION DID ANYONE PUt HID's IN THEIR FOGS??? I am hooked now I think I am going to put them in next weekend, just wondering if anyone did it and how it looks. Im a HID freak now i think i even want to custom them to put in my reverse lights .

Old 07-13-2004, 05:00 PM

I went for the 8000K

Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 PM

The 8000k looks sweet, but I went for the subtle look of a stock bimmer/benz with my setup. I had to pay $400.00 though and that was with a group buy. One things for sure, my hands are still cut up from installing the passenger side bulb and ballast. Did everyone else find it near impossible to fit a hand in their, or was everyone smart enough to move something or remove the headlight assembly.???

Old 07-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Default Took Off Bumper

I got the H7 8000K also, they were straight off of an Infiniti. I actually took off my whole bumper to get the headlight out beacuse it was a tight spot and wanted everything to be done right. They look sweet though. This weekend of next i will take it off again beacuse I am putting the same knid in my fogs so might as well take the bumper off again to get back there.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Forum Regular

I can't believe you have to take the whole bumper off to take the headlights out. What a stupid design. Or maybe they did this to make you pay the dealer to do the work! How easy is the bumper to remove? Do yo uneed any special tools?

In the UK I believe we can't use the HID's. But I think we can use Xenon bulbs. Has anyone installed these yet?

Old 07-14-2004, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Stevo
Did everyone else find it near impossible to fit a hand in their, or was everyone smart enough to move something or remove the headlight assembly.???
It ain't easy, that's for sure. When I changed out for the SilverStar's, I initially toyed with removing stuff, but I was eventually able to get to it without moving anything. I found if I stood about the middle of the car and leaned across the radiator area (coming at it from the side rather than the top) it was much easier.

What I HAVE NOT found yet is how to adjust the horizontal aiming of the headlights. The vertical is easy, just twist with your hand that bolt sticking out. The manual's instructions are no help, they point at stuff that doesn't make sense. If anyone's figured that out, drop a line.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Default No too bad

The bumber wasnt that bad after taking it on and off 2 times. There are exactly 20 bolts that come off just need a rachet set and a hex keys and ure good to go. The only ones that were a pain in the @ss was the ones behind the sidemarkers. There are 2 after u take the sidemarkers off what a pain they were real real awkeward to get too but got them out. Cant wait to take it off again to put the fog HID in. Actually i think i can wait.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:41 PM

I dont know if the projectors are adjustable horizontally.... Maybe if you take apart the whole headlamp assembly and play around with the projector. I still wonder why HID's werent included with this car in the first place. ????? When I receive a survey in the mail about once a day I make sure to include the same comment. Oh well, I guess im just complaining

Old 07-17-2004, 12:57 PM

AFTER INSTALLING THE HID, I AM HAVING THE BAS/ESP LIGHT ON THE PANEL. DO YOU KNOW WHY? THANKS

Old 07-17-2004, 02:21 PM

I dont know if the projectors are adjustable horizontally.... Maybe if you take apart the whole headlamp assembly and play around with the projector.
According to the manual, there is a horizontal adjustment. But danged if I can find it.

I still wonder why HID's werent included with this car in the first place. ?????
So do I.

When I receive a survey in the mail about once a day I make sure to include the same comment. Oh well, I guess im just complaining

Old 07-18-2004, 05:46 PM

WHAT A RELIEF, AFTER A SPIN, THE BAS/ESP LIGHT WENT OFF. THIS HID 8000K LIGHT KIT IS A MUST FOR THIS CAR. I WAS INFORMED THAT AFTER INSTALLATION AND SWITCHING THE BATTERY ON AGAIN, TURN THE STEERING WHEEL COMPLETLY LEFT & RIGHT TO RE-CALIBRATE AND EVERYTHING SHOULD BE BACK TO NORMAL.
IT'S SO NICE THAT I AM INSTALLING THIS HID KIT FOR MY BIKE.

Quick Reply: HID Installed today.