Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

My two SRT 6's times and modifications

Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My two SRT 6's times and modifications

Hello all,
I have my two cars which are SRT6's first one is the light blue color. I run in 6000 feet plus elevation so loosing a full second is common in the 1/4 mile. So Stock best was a constant 13.9 14.0 with both cars. Modded the blue one with SCAI needwings dropped to constant 13.5 13.6 with 2.05-2.1 60 foots. Added 178mm needwings and ran constant 12.9-13.0 with 1.95-2.04 60 foots. Got custom manifolds needswings and dropped my time back to a 13.5 best, tried going back to stock manifolds and still cant best a 13.5 with the intakes and the pulley on! Going crazy I have a z2-kit on my car but does not help me very much for I am a rookie when it comes to that. Have done smoke screen tests for vacuum leaks and have had both EC and inmotion tune the car with same results. Have ran both cars with similar set-ups on same nights see other car results below.

Now on my grey SRT6 I have the DCAI from needswings and the 64.7mm pulley from eurocharged running a constant 13.0-13.1 have not hit a 12.9 waiting on the 61mm from EC to switch it out. Trying to decide what to do to the grey one and wish I could figure out whats wrong with my original blue one. Been dealing with this for over a year now, still been fun though. Any suggestions?

Waiting on 61mm pulley from EC, cutout/downpipes and supercooler from needswings. I have the custom manifolds back on my blue car but run the same quater mile times with them on and off, when I know they are suppose to be proven power. Thinking about throwing them on my grey one when spring comes to try again but scared to repeat problem. Im thinking such a high elevation I may not need the tune for extra fuel when you go the custom manifolds route being I dont get as much air to compensate. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: My two SRT 6's times and modifications

wow....without comparisons of other car's runs....I would think the altitude is killiing you. You are a second off of most car's times with those mods.
When you talk to other racers, do their times seems to be below average in their catagories as well?

Last edited by oledoc2u; 11-24-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 PM

Sure do, Most have similar results. For instance stock CTSV out here pulls no better than a 13.2 which is great because i beat a stock CTSV in my grey car at the moment. New SS camaro runs 14.5's. ZR1 stock doing 12.1 's.

So intereting that when I put custom manifolds on by time increased and even after I got the suggested tune. Then going back to stock manifold I still cant beat the 13.5 when I was doing 12.9-13.0 on the same set up.
Car still runs strong though. Does a 178mm pulley ever stop giving power? Ive ran it for about 40,000 miles now almosst 70,000 total on blue car. 50,000 on the other.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM

Must be the air...no the 178 is a good pulley. I am not a fan of crank pulleys, but they do the job... I think that thin air is your problem....

Old 11-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Must be the air...no the 178 is a good pulley. I am not a fan of crank pulleys, but they do the job... I think that thin air is your problem....
Yes, a 6,000' altitude kills performance. DA correction would be around 1 full second for a NA car, and maybe a half second for supercharged.

Last edited by grip grip; 11-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
Yes, a 6,000' altitude kills performance. DA correction would be around 1 full second for a NA car, and maybe a half second for supercharged.
Should not be loosing as much time as I am. Did the zt-2 kit on my car running a 13.5 quater mile with 178mm pulley single cold air and custom manifolds, at WOT running 10.9-11.3 AFR ratio I dont know where it should be trying to figure out whats wrong with her. Any ideas?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by srt6Master
Should not be loosing as much time as I am. Did the zt-2 kit on my car running a 13.5 quater mile with 178mm pulley single cold air and custom manifolds, at WOT running 10.9-11.3 AFR ratio I dont know where it should be trying to figure out whats wrong with her. Any ideas?
That's too fat for the boost levels you're at. Try leaning it out to 12.0 and it will pick up a bit. Also, how much timing are you seeing? Is it being cut?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My suggestion is to move a little to the south!!!! I understand DA a lot better these days after hanging out with a helicopter pilot, but jeez. You aren't the first person I've heard complain about losing performance after bolting on the NW manifolds. I have a mid-size(68mm) Code3 pulley that could probably help you out, never installed it after buying it from a fellow forum member. No use to me now that our local drag strip closed(I miss you Orlando SpeedWorld). Good luck hitting the 12s up there, I'm still shooting for 12.6s on street tires myself.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM

Are you using cork gaskets on the intakes or factory oem? Although you would see the boost leak...with the zt2..

Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I saw an average of 13 hp from low rpm to redline with the NW manifolds. I've used the cork and stock gaskets and always see better numbers with the cork, don't ask me why, because I don't like them much for durability reasons. With the cork you have to be real careful not to over torque, especially the o ring material on the pedestals. They don't have as much material supporting the intake as the other bolts have. I have a 178 crank pulley. I started with a Code3. The 178 makes slightly more power than the normal sized Code3 style supercharger pulley. My car wasn't responding well to modifications and frustrating the heck out of me until I added the NW downpipes. Don't ask me why because I seem to be in a minority. Just adding a teflon Y pipe and the downpipes I saw 26 hp with them open. 15 hp closed.
As far as times at the track, my best was 12.75 on street tires. My first time out with drag radials I ran 12.14 and that's with no other changes to the car. All my words won't fix what's wrong for you but I hope it gives you useful information. I've bought dyno time after almost every change made to my car so I'm not making noise out my back side. Don't get frustrated and don't give up.

Les

Old 03-12-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I saw an average of 13 hp from low rpm to redline with the NW manifolds. I've used the cork and stock gaskets and always see better numbers with the cork, don't ask me why, because I don't like them much for durability reasons. With the cork you have to be real careful not to over torque, especially the o ring material on the pedestals. They don't have as much material supporting the intake as the other bolts have. I have a 178 crank pulley. I started with a Code3. The 178 makes slightly more power than the normal sized Code3 style supercharger pulley. My car wasn't responding well to modifications and frustrating the heck out of me until I added the NW downpipes. Don't ask me why because I seem to be in a minority. Just adding a teflon Y pipe and the downpipes I saw 26 hp with them open. 15 hp closed.
As far as times at the track, my best was 12.75 on street tires. My first time out with drag radials I ran 12.14 and that's with no other changes to the car. All my words won't fix what's wrong for you but I hope it gives you useful information. I've bought dyno time after almost every change made to my car so I'm not making noise out my back side. Don't get frustrated and don't give up.

Les
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words, I wont give up! Here is an update...............TRACK OPENS MARCH 16th!

I do use cork with the custom manifolds from NW. So blue officially got double stacked today with eurocharged and 178mm pulley w/psk kit, SCAI, super cooler and with isolated coolants. NW custom intake manifolds. I went back to a stock tune, I think I will be ok with the 6500 ft plus elevation. Going to run zt2 kit now after install to get some afr numbers. Also mechanic found leak at y-pipe today which was fixed.

Grey now has the more powerful eurocharged pulley w/psk, DCAI, basic tune from eurocharged that does not add fuel.

I have downpipes with cutouts and tweaked manifolds on the way. Downpipes will go on whichever car is fastest along with the Mickey Thompsons from NW's

Ill keep you all posted......

Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well hopefully the leak was your problem

Old 03-13-2013, 05:11 PM

Got to love having 2 modified SRT 6's.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Got to love having 2 modified SRT 6's.
Having the two srt's is a blast but also a pain! Went to track today but first here is my luck. About 50-60 miles ago I put on a 61mm pulley from eurocharged on my Grey srt, I bought it back on black Friday. My SC stopped engaging and I assumed it was IC pump. Had one sent express mail, put it on to find the issue is still there(NW Bosch IC pump). Bleed the coolant and will be double checking the pump this weekend. I believe It is the 61 pulley not sitting correctly to engage the SC, so grey had to stay home.

Blue - Double stacked 64mm and 178mm, with custom manifold, SCAI, supercooler and iso-kit had a best time of 13.3 with mainly 13.4 all day. Could not hook up for $hit best 60 foot was a 2.1 trap time of 107 when I ran the 13.3. Im little down about it but I know it is faster just cant get it down out of the box. No going sideways trying 40-60% gas then slowly putting it down. Last year in blue when I was running a 13.5 I was doing a 2.0-2.1 60 foot than as well. Not sure what to try next here maybe put the mickey thompsons on and see what happen, wish I had the other car to compare it to but will work on that.

Going to put stock pulley back on grey to determine pulley is the issue and than give eurocharged a call.

Always open to opinions and suggestions.

Last edited by srt6Master; 03-16-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by srt6Master
Having the two srt's is a blast but also a pain! Went to track today but first here is my luck. About 50-60 miles ago I put on a 61mm pulley from eurocharged on my Grey srt, I bought it back on black Friday. My SC stopped engaging and I assumed it was IC pump. Had one sent express mail, put it on to find the issue is still there(NW Bosch IC pump). Bleed the coolant and will be double checking the pump this weekend. I believe It is the 61 pulley not sitting correctly to engage the SC, so grey had to stay home.

Blue - Double stacked 64mm and 178mm, with custom manifold, SCAI, supercooler and iso-kit had a best time of 13.3 with mainly 13.4 all day. Could not hook up for $hit best 60 foot was a 2.1 trap time of 107 when I ran the 13.3. Im little down about it but I know it is faster just cant get it down out of the box. No going sideways trying 40-60% gas then slowly putting it down. Last year in blue when I was running a 13.5 I was doing a 2.0-2.1 60 foot than as well. Not sure what to try next here maybe put the mickey thompsons on and see what happen, wish I had the other car to compare it to but will work on that.

Going to put stock pulley back on grey to determine pulley is the issue and than give eurocharged a call.

Always open to opinions and suggestions.
The gap om the 61mm was over 60mm and way to long making it impossible for my supercharger to engage. Stock pulley is back on grey for the time being running fine.

Called Eurocharged this morning and left a message for the tech. They techs were all out at the moment and said they would get back to me.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

If your spinning your losing time a couple of ways. Even with traction control off, even with a wavetrac, the transmission will shift early at around 5000 rpm in first which puts you in a lower rpm range in 2nd. So you loose the power at the top of first and have to go through second from lower rpms. If it helps you, I was running 13.3 at 107 so the mph makes sense with the ET. The altitude and lack of traction are your biggest obstacles.

Les

Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM

Yep you need to hook up somehow. That thin air is killing you. I haven't had any times on my blue coupe yet. Still finishing it. The old black roadster ended at 12.1 1.76 60 ft. 115 mph before she went back into retirement Sunday car only. Lol. The coupe is all but ready. Need to finish some wiring so can data log then last mod Is to install the meth kit and retune for it.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Yep you need to hook up somehow. That thin air is killing you. I haven't had any times on my blue coupe yet. Still finishing it. The old black roadster ended at 12.1 1.76 60 ft. 115 mph before she went back into retirement Sunday car only. Lol. The coupe is all but ready. Need to finish some wiring so can data log then last mod Is to install the meth kit and retune for it.
What I would do for a 1.7 60 foot on street tires no less! Nice launch. Teach me your ways......

Eurocharged was very polite and fast to respond, I sent them my 61mm pulley yesterday and I am having new pulley overnighted in time for the track on Saturday!

Also bought the EuroFlash unit and being I have bought a tune for both cars I will try basic tune on blue and ses if I can beat my 13.3 than going to put Mickey Thompsons on her and see what I can get.

Grey will run on streets this time.

Fun to come!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I live in Golden CO and run at Bandimere speedway aprox 5800'.
I ran 13.56 w 65mm pulley and EC tune last April ....then went 13.3 with better off line in May.
I had problems with the Pirelli's hooking up. I have now got Nitto's on and they seem Much better so will see this coming April 24th if the feel is as good at the track. Thin air will definitely make you think the car is slower but so is everything else (other cars). I also have the installed 62mm pulley and new tune so we will see.