Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Power flicker/Alarm Sound during driving and post battery-tightening.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power flicker/Alarm Sound during driving and post battery-tightening.

Hey guys, having an issue with my alarm system in the the SRT . The other day I noticed the power (lights/radio) would flicker off and then on quickly causing little "power hiccups". Well on my way home last night I was driving and had a power hiccup and a minute later the alarm went off. I pulled over, turned off the car, played with the key FOB, restarted, no alarm..

So i drove home, opened the hood and found my pos and neg terminals to be very loose (they could have been pulled off with the pinky finger alone - - - Likely due to the dealer installing a new battery a few months ago). So i locked my car, ran inside, grabbed tools, came outside...Without unlocking the car (whoops!) I tightened the pos terminal first without disconnecting it and then I began to tighten the super loose negative terminal.. After moving it around and tightening it, the car alarm suddenly went off. I fought with my car using my Key FOB. When unlocked, it was happy, but when locked it would scream.. So after a few rounds of this, I got in the car, started it, turned it back off, locked the car... and for the rest of the night, no alarm occurred...

No issues this morning, until I decided to repark my car due to impending rain. After getting out of my car, shutting the door, and locking it... the alarm went off... So I unlocked it, turned on the car, got out, relocked it, and it was quiet again...

I was hoping someone might be able to help me differentiate this as either something to do with my tightening the battery like an idiot with the car locked
, or if it might be more indicative of a door module or perhaps the trunk water (I have not seen/felt any water thus far in the trunk). I recently replaced the skreem module (4 months ago) and I'm having no issues with the ignition so I dont believe it is the source of the issue..

Thanks,
Kolme

Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Power flicker/Alarm Sound during driving and post battery-tightening.

could be the internal battery of the siren itself, but it seems like a strange series of events.. usually if the siren is going it just goes, unrelated to what else is going on