Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Tire Pressure Monitor System - Disengaged.

Old 11-28-2004, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Monitor System - Disengaged.

Has anyone disengaged their TPM System because they installed new wheels/tires?

While I understand this is not the preferable method, better to place new tires on wheels or add new consors, but I am not in area wherein that choice is easily resolved.

Since driving the Michelin Pilot Sports 2 in Winter is a real bad idea, I ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sports A/S and had Tire Rack mount them on AT Italia Razze 9 wheels 18" in front and 19" in back. XF service is still not available in Korea, therefore having the tires mounted and the censors set is not an option. Is it better to ignore the TPM light or remover the fuse from carriage #1 in the fuse box? This latter option also seems to shut the Garage Door and the Heated Seats; don't need the garage door option but the heated seats would be nice during those cold Korean morning drives. I noticed that someone merely pulled the TPM bulb - where is it located and how does one get to it?

Thanks
keijoh

Last edited by keijoh; 11-28-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Default Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System - Disengaged.

I think if I were you, I would simply ignore the TPM light. I certainly would not be taking my dash apart to find the specific bulb and then in the spring you do that all over again. Change the wheels and ignore the light.. Yes, you need those heated seats too!

Do you get much snow and ice in Seoul in the winter time? How long is your winter season?

Old 11-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Default Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System - Disengaged.

Originally Posted by mbepic
... Change the wheels and ignore the light.. Yes, you need those heated seats too!

Do you get much snow and ice in Seoul in the winter time? How long is your winter season?
mbepic,

Many thanks for the advice. I was going to remove the fuse, however loosing the heated seats is not an option I was thrilled about. In Korea the snow is not too bad; only in the mountainous areas. However, ice is another matter. It will snow in Seoul but it usually does not stay too long, it is the ice that is problematic. Winters usually last mid-November to March early April. But it is very hard to predict.

Thanks again,
Keith