Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Pulley, intake, tune, & supercooler problems HELP!

Old 03-14-2016, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulley, intake, tune, & supercooler problems HELP!

Okay so I just got my srt6 finished new crank position sensor (old one went bad last week) then got the needswings supercooler, 178 crank pulley, and eurocharged tune, (intake is one the way)
But anyways it deffinetly has more power but it will sometimes run great then other times will misfire so bad the car shakes! I'll pull over and shut it off then start it back up and it will be okay, but it's throwing codes for misfire on basically 4 or 5 cylinders, I have plugs I got from rob that I haven't put in yet because I'm going to buy wires first but what I'm wanting to know if this is just because I need to put the new plugs in or is it a sensor or something bigger? Caused by modding it when it has 120,000 miles perhaps?
I could really use some help as this cars my daily I can't afford to mess her up! Thanks!
-Sean

Old 03-14-2016, 09:10 AM
Default Re: Pulley, intake, tune, & supercooler problems HELP!

And it's making a ticking noise, sounds like when you hit marbles together (I know that's an odd thing to say) but it exactly what it sounds like, but this morning it ticking make the ticking noise at all until 30 minutes into my drive to work, so please help!

Old 03-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanOldaker
Okay so I just got my srt6 finished new crank position sensor (old one went bad last week) then got the needswings supercooler, 178 crank pulley, and eurocharged tune, (intake is one the way)
But anyways it deffinetly has more power but it will sometimes run great then other times will misfire so bad the car shakes! I'll pull over and shut it off then start it back up and it will be okay, but it's throwing codes for misfire on basically 4 or 5 cylinders, I have plugs I got from rob that I haven't put in yet because I'm going to buy wires first but what I'm wanting to know if this is just because I need to put the new plugs in or is it a sensor or something bigger? Caused by modding it when it has 120,000 miles perhaps?
I could really use some help as this cars my daily I can't afford to mess her up! Thanks!
-Sean
Did you replace the CPS with a Bosch one? It is suggested that the other ones have pins in them that are too small and do not make contact with the socket properly. Wiggle the connector around with the engine running to see if it is a contact problem.

It is also suggested that the CPS mostly has problems with bad contacts and does not need to be replaced as often as thought. The problem may lie in the plug contact or wire area in some cases.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:50 AM

Yes it's a Bosch cps I'm going to try putting in new plugs and wires next week hopefully that's why it's fouling all the time, and as for the ticking noise would the be the sound from the misfire? I just changed the oil a few weeks ago and have always changed it on time so I hope it's not something major!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a shot in the dark, but maybe your CAMSHAFT Position Sensor needs to be changed also. Did you by any chance spin the crankshaft when you removed the bolt?

Old 03-14-2016, 08:31 PM

I'll have to look into that I had a shop do it so I'm not sure but I had a guy look at it and he said the wires are cracked and look like the original ones so that might be it