Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Problem With Sticky Key Fix

Old 05-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem With Sticky Key Fix

I tried to do the sticky key fix and got as far as locating the locking pin to push down. No matter what I did I couldn't find the pin. There is a hole in the black collar but no pin. At this point I decided I needed to stop until I could get some help, so I put everything back together. When I took the key out and closed the door the headlights went on and after a few seconds the chime started. When I got back in and turned the key on and off and got out they didn't come on until the next time I tried. I have checked the three connections and they seem fine.
One thing that happened during the attempted fix is when I was trying to unlock the key tumblers with the key in the first position I thought I unlocked it but they don't move. Then I thought maybe the pliers just slipped. I found out I didn't have to do this step so I went on without trying to move it any further. Is it possible the tumblers are unlocked and need to be turned back? I'm reluctant to try too hard without being sure that's what it needs. I would like to get this problem solved and then worry about what I'm going to do about the sticky key fix later as my key wasn't sticking, it was just preventative.