TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

crossfire maybe

Old 11-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossfire maybe

This is my first time on this forum and I would like to say Hello to everyone.
I have test driven an 08 coupe and I really like it, but unsure about how the service will be since it really is a mercedes and going to be serviced, if needed by a chrysler dealer. What has been your experience? Thanks,

Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: crossfire maybe

Hey there shackman let me be the first to welcome you to the forum!
Good choice on the Crossfire! We all love them!
You are going to find posts that are favorable and not so favorable when it comes to service from the dealership. Or as some refer to them, the stealership.
Hopefully you are located where the dealership has a Crossfire mechanic. I am out of my initial warranty period and plan on doing all the maintenance & repairs on my own as long as it's not cost prohibited.

Look around the site, use the search function with key words to find what you are interested. LOTS of information here as well as LOTS of Crossfire smart folks. We are at your service. Ask and we will respond, right or wrong!
Again, welcome!
"See" ya on the forum!

Old 11-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: crossfire maybe

HI! Im new to the crossfire thing too, 04 coupe. I am fortunate that my selling dealer has a mechanic who has been to school specifically for crossfires...he knows his stuff. I had an ESP/BAS warning light come on while I was out of town so I stopped by another chrysler dealership that I bought my Caliber from. I knew I was in for trouble when the guy writing up the work order never heard of BAS/ESP It got better watching the mechanic fight with opening the hood for 5 minutes! They didnt have the equipment or expertise to work on the car so I had to take it home.

Just check with your service department and see if they have SCHOOLED mechanics; not the "gee I always wanted to work on one of them" kind. This forum is a GREAT place for help too. Lots of luck