TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Failure to Program Key FOB

Old 12-30-2008, 05:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failure to Program Key FOB

"You"... those that commented on other posts, know your stuff.

Bartow Chrysler assured me they could/would re-program all three key fobs for the Crossfire. Two were original, one was an E-Bay acquisition. Had a working key made for that one. It needed programming.

The deal, explained to me, was they would trash the programming in the car and all three fobs. Then all would be reprogrammed.

That's what they did. The original fobs work. The E-Bay one failed.

They tested that one. It is sending signals, has good battery power and seems fine. It just didn't work.

Nice people in that Florida dealership. No charge.

Many of you commented that this is what was going to happen. You were right. I'm convinced now that the only way to get extra working keys is through a dealer.

As a side to this my wife started looking around while we were there. I drove over. Only my second time driving the car. Top down, it's a head turner that fair flies. Triple digit figures come up on the gps instantly. I'm not a car person but flat out LOVED it. My wife now wants to get rid of the car.

She says her hip hurts after driving. It's heat-pad and ice time for her after she drives. She wants another stupid SUV. Here's a white Crossfire with the cedar interior, mint beyond mint head-turner, new condition with less than 6,000 miles and she wants something else?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Failure to Program Key FOB

1. Always nice to have more evidence/proof as far as I am concerned.

2. WHAT?! That car is awesome, I would just have to keep it and tell her to get something else. That is why I drive the Crossfire and she has a Rogue.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 AM

Yeah. The car is more than awesome. Guess you saw the pictures I put on this forum.

We are heading out on motorcycle right now to look at a new Saturn SUV. I may buy one for her and keep the Crossfire. The issue for me is garage space. I have 11 motorcycles, Cummins truck, toy hauler, grated trailer, quad, huge boat trailer (boat is at marina) and the Crossfire all under roof. Another car would have to sit outside.

My 1937 BMW motorcycle is clean enough to eat off of. Same with the Crossfire and all the other stuff. I cannot, just cannot mentally deal with good equipment sitting outside and degrading. Done built all the garages and car ports I can fit here. Well, maybe a full overhang on the front driveway?

It's all crazy. The Crossfire needs a good home. Thought this was it. I could let her keep it along with an SUV but an old friend told me something.

"If you let a woman make ONE decision...She's gonna want to make TWO".

She gets one car. I'm the boss, I think.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Forum Regular

Ok, well you have way more toys than I do. I have the crossfire, the wife's Rogue and a Cirrus that I am getting ready to sell. I've always had a motorcycle, but my latest, a brand new GSXR1000 was stolen a couple months ago.

Sounds like you need a stadium to keep you collection inNice job.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FishHawk
Yeah. The car is more than awesome. Guess you saw the pictures I put on this forum.

We are heading out on motorcycle right now to look at a new Saturn SUV. I may buy one for her and keep the Crossfire. The issue for me is garage space. I have 11 motorcycles, Cummins truck, toy hauler, grated trailer, quad, huge boat trailer (boat is at marina) and the Crossfire all under roof. Another car would have to sit outside.

My 1937 BMW motorcycle is clean enough to eat off of. Same with the Crossfire and all the other stuff. I cannot, just cannot mentally deal with good equipment sitting outside and degrading. Done built all the garages and car ports I can fit here. Well, maybe a full overhang on the front driveway?

It's all crazy. The Crossfire needs a good home. Thought this was it. I could let her keep it along with an SUV but an old friend told me something.

"If you let a woman make ONE decision...She's gonna want to make TWO".

She gets one car. I'm the boss, I think.
Dude ! You have WAY TOO MANY TOYS !

Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a solution,

The Saturn gets a nice cover and lives outdoors !!

Old 12-30-2008, 05:03 PM

Saturn outside under a cover?

Today was a joke at the Saturn dealer in Sebring. After multiple walks inside and much time outside, we could not get a single salesman to wait on us. Jumped back on the Harley and rode into the sunset. Things like this have happened to me before when I show up in leathers or "causually" dressed on a motorcycle.

Nice chat about this at a restaurant in Zolfo Springs. The Crossfire is staying in the garage. She will use it when she wants and maybe use the truck more. She wants me to get another Dodge/Cummins truck for her with an automatic transmission on this one. Dealers are literally "giving away" diesel trucks. The Crossfire is such a jewel it's worth it just for looks.

Now. How long before I get a speeding ticket? That car brings out the bad in me. More so than Ducati, Moto Guzzi and Harley ever do.

There is no such thing as too many toys. You gotta be kiddin'.