TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

EuroCharged Lambo-Door conversion kit

Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EuroCharged Lambo-Door conversion kit

So has anybody installed the Lambo-door conversion kit from Eurocharged, and can they attest to the "Magnificent quality built with high-end technology" of them? I'm particularly curoius about the struts. I looked into lambo-door conversion kits a while back, and everywhere I went told me that the struts needed to be replaced regularly (every month if it's a daily driver) at a cost of about $100... otherwise the strut gives out and the door smashes down and breaks your fender, and possibly your leg.

This might be something I do if it turns out this kit doesn't have that problem...

Old 06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: EuroCharged Lambo-Door conversion kit

I don't know where you shop, but their employees need to go back to school.....quickly.

I am sure there are some cheap kits that might fail in a short period of time, but if you buy a good American made kit, that will not be a problem.

I don't know what brand Eurocharged uses, but I went with Vertical Doors out of Corona, CA. Besides having done this for years, they OWN the patent on the "out and up" mechanism. They have been very vigalent about cracking down on cheap imitations. Their kits are specific to a vehicle and are bolt on (take 'em off if you change your mind). They also include a modified washer bottle to allow for the new hinges. Some of the early conversions simply removed the washer bottle.

Going through me, you will pay around $1000 for the hardware, go direct and you will pay more.
Vertical Doors, Inc. - Chrysler 2004 - 2008 Crossfire :: Vertical Door Kits :: Direct Bolt on Kits

That is my black SRT6 in some of the photos.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
I don't know where you shop, but their employees need to go back to school.....quickly.

I am sure there are some cheap kits that might fail in a short period of time, but if you buy a good American made kit, that will not be a problem.

I don't know what brand Eurocharged uses, but I went with Vertical Doors out of Corona, CA. Besides having done this for years, they OWN the patent on the "out and up" mechanism. They have been very vigalent about cracking down on cheap imitations. Their kits are specific to a vehicle and are bolt on (take 'em off if you change your mind). They also include a modified washer bottle to allow for the new hinges. Some of the early conversions simply removed the washer bottle.

Going through me, you will pay around $1000 for the hardware, go direct and you will pay more.
Vertical Doors, Inc. - Chrysler 2004 - 2008 Crossfire :: Vertical Door Kits :: Direct Bolt on Kits

That is my black SRT6 in some of the photos.
how bad are the install on these, meaning can a mechanically inclined person knock this out on a saturday with a little help.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 PM
RPM

Had to:

Old 06-26-2009, 11:12 PM

I was told this about both Vertical Doors and GT Factory. Most of the shops that installed the kits around here only work with those 2, because apparently theyre the best, but they still need to have struts replaced every so often.

Manufactures of vehicle specific direct-bolt on vertical car door conversion systems also known as Lambo Doors, Lambo Door Kits, Lambo Doors Conversion Kits, Lambo Door Hinges, Lambo Style Hinge Kits, LSD, VDC, VDI, VDC Kits, VLS, Scissor Doors, Wing

::GT FACTORY:: The Authority In Custom Door Conversions. Lambo, Suicide, Gullwing, Bolt On, Rear Lambo Door Kits.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:59 PM

Vertical Doors said they need to be replaced at approximately the same interval that the rear hatch struts are replaced. Some of the cheap Chinese kits that were on the market were using inferior struts.

Originally Posted by technojunky

Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 AM

The issue is with door adjustment and alignment. The stock bolt patterns are used. If you are handy with bodywork, you can probably do it. The Vertical Door kits are strictly bolt on.

Originally Posted by manisusmc
how bad are the install on these, meaning can a mechanically inclined person knock this out on a saturday with a little help.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by RPM
Had to:

Wow.....first time I've seen you poke your head in here in quite a while, and all you do is try to stir the pot!

I just don't know about you rednecks from West Virginia....you're gonna give us Michiganders a bad name!

Sorry............................HAD TO!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:37 AM

Vertical Doors said they need to be replaced at approximately the same interval that the rear hatch struts are replaced. Some of the cheap Chinese kits that were on the market were using inferior struts.
But you dont open the rear hatch nearly as much as your driver's door... so that strut would get much more wear than the struts on the rear hatch

Old 06-27-2009, 02:06 AM

Final say on this.....yes struts wear out. They should last at least 2 years under normal use. They are not like suspension struts in that they are not working at rest. How often do you change the struts on your suspension?

But you dont open the rear hatch nearly as much as your driver's door... so that strut would get much more wear than the struts on the rear hatch

Old 06-27-2009, 11:00 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by apkano
Sorry............................HAD TO!
LOL! I would counter, but I prefer not to wake up at 3AM with an AK pressing against my noggin.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:19 PM

Final say on this.....yes struts wear out. They should last at least 2 years under normal use. They are not like suspension struts in that they are not working at rest. How often do you change the struts on your suspension?
true, I just was going based on what I had been told at various shops around here is all. I'd hate to not replace the struts when I should and then have the door smash down. That's my only concern

Old 06-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Forum Regular

true, I just was going based on what I had been told at various shops around here is all. I'd hate to not replace the struts when I should and then have the door smash down. That's my only concern
Would they really just suddenly "smash down", or like so many of this type of compression device with seals (that ultimately fail), wouldn't they fail over time - in essence giving some advance warning?

And to take that a step further, wouldn't one suffer same issue when raising the door in the first place (no assist in this case)? That would certainly warn of a problem.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:07 PM

not if the strut decided to give out while the door was up... I'm just telling you how the problem was described to me. One of the shops around here actually refuses to install lambo-doors any more because people were coming in with their front fenders smashed after struts decided they'd quit working

Old 08-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the lsd kit on the eurocharged website says it also opens normal, so if the strut does go out, then the door should function normal as well

Old 08-30-2009, 04:03 PM

i do not know if eurocharged has actually done any of these installs on any customer cars. they CAN if need be do the install, but lambo style doors is not a big thing right now.

the best way to find out is to go straight to the source. email greg@eurocharged and they can tell you first hand what installs they have done of the lambo style doors

Old 08-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you get paid by them?

Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM

Haha not a chance...

Old 08-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

my xfire is an 04
I open and close my hatch at least 4 times a day. still on original struts.
Just food for thought.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Had to:
This is on the top 10 of best pictures I have ever seen! The Lambo door fad is about as stupid as the Altezza light craze! What is the point, you have to open the door a little, and then swing it up and watch them sway in the wind! Oh, the new stupid fad, STICK ON SIDE VENTS!!!

Quick Reply: EuroCharged Lambo-Door conversion kit