TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

HELP - Right side parking & tail lights do not work

Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Right side parking & tail lights do not work

The rightside front parking parking, side (front & rear) and right tail lights do not work.
The right side fuse is good...
Any solutions...?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: HELP - Right side parking & tail lights do not work

Originally Posted by donee2
The rightside front parking parking, side (front & rear) and right tail lights do not work.
The right side fuse is good...
Any solutions...?
Are you sure the fuse is good? Sometimes fuses look good but are blown.
Did they all go out at the same time?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Thanks for your reply onehundred80...
Fuses are all good... It seems the problem is the Headlight Switch...
If I turn on only the parking lights (rotate headlight switch counter-clockwise) all of the lights on the left are lit, but none of the lights on the right side.
Checking output of switch shows no voltage at fuse socket #7 (rightside parking lights), and 12+volts on fuse socket #10 (left side parking lights).
However, turning the headlight switch clockwise, so that the headlights and all the lights are on, the the right side parking lamps will light.
I can only conclude that the headlight switch itself is defective and should be replaced since the right side parking lights will not come on when the switch is turned to "parking only.
I had just replaced a burned-out right front parking lamp (and all the front peanut bulbs with LED lamps), You know the drill on that job - disassemble the entire front end, and before buttoning everything up I wanted to see that all the lights were working... I turned the headlight switch to the parking light position and oops, no lights on the right side.
Obtained a circuit diagram on-line and started checking the voltage at the headlight switch... I didn't have to go far after that as explained above.
Thanks for the quick reply. I hope that might help someone who has the same problem.
Donnie

Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Thanks for your reply onehundred80...
Fuses are all good... It seems the problem is the Headlight Switch...
If I turn on only the parking lights (rotate headlight switch counter-clockwise) all of the lights on the left are lit, but none of the lights on the right side.
Checking output of switch shows no voltage at fuse socket #7 (rightside parking lights), and 12+volts on fuse socket #10 (left side parking lights).
However, turning the headlight switch clockwise, so that the headlights and all the lights are on, the the right side parking lamps will light.
I can only conclude that the headlight switch itself is defective and should be replaced since the right side parking lights will not come on when the switch is turned to "parking only.
I had just replaced a burned-out right front parking lamp (and all the front peanut bulbs with LED lamps), You know the drill on that job - disassemble the entire front end, and before buttoning everything up I wanted to see that all the lights were working... I turned the headlight switch to the parking light position and oops, no lights on the right side.
Obtained a circuit diagram on-line and started checking the voltage at the headlight switch... I didn't have to go far after that as explained above.
Thanks for the quick reply. I hope that might help someone who has the same problem.
Donnie
That's the way the switch works, there are two positions anti-clockwise. One for the left ights and the other position for the right.
Mine is first position - passenger side and second position for the driver side.
But maybe I have misunderstood you.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:37 PM

You got to be kidding... But that's right... Two disticnt positions couter-clockwise from off.
Do you know why...?
Do you have source for LED lamps that do not show a error code...?
Thanks 180,
Donnie

Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

You got to be kidding... But that's right... Two disticnt positions couter-clockwise from off.
Do you know why...?
Its a European thing... standing lights

Its amazing what you can learn about your car if you read the owners manual

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
standing.jpg (153.6 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by James1549; 12-16-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 AM

Do you know why...?
Do you have source for LED lamps that do not show a error code...?
Thanks 180,
Donnie
Seemingly these are OK.
Click.