CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   TSBs and How-To Articles (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/)
-   -   Air Filters (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/63646-air-filters.html)

Convertible girl 09-02-2013 01:52 PM

Re: Air Filters

Originally Posted by Convertible girl (Post 756619)
I didn't take it out yet. I left it in the garage with the hood up. Was planning on spraying it some more in the morning and taking in out for a test drive.

Well I sprayed it really good this morning, put the engine cover back on and went to take it for a drive. When I turned the ignition it didn't turn over right away like it normally does and I was thinking...UH OH! It took an extra three seconds to turn over, so I turned it back off and then it was normal again. It shook a tiny bit at the first light and after that aside from a slight hesitation on acceleration when the light turned green it seems fine. No bouncing or shaking at stop signs or lights so it seems so far so good and turned over right away when I was going from place to place.:p I will probably be a little leery for the next couple of days though.

Convertible girl 09-02-2013 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ottawa John (Post 756617)
You're very welcome - but did it help?

I posted this morning but I think because my post ended up under one of my posts no one saw it...or no one was interested..LOL! I'm pasting what I said this morning:
Well I sprayed it really good this morning, put the engine cover back on and went to take it for a drive. When I turned the ignition it didn't turn over right away like it normally does and I was thinking...UH OH! It took an extra three seconds to turn over, so I turned it back off and then it was normal again. It shook a tiny bit at the first light and after that aside from a slight hesitation on acceleration when the light turned green it seems fine. No bouncing or shaking at stop signs or lights so it seems so far so good and turned over right away when I was going from place to place.:p I will probably be a little leery for the next couple of days though. Since I'm adding this since I posted it earlier, I will say that I went out again later and it really seems okay almost completely normal now!

Ottawa John 09-02-2013 10:39 PM

Hey -
Glad to hear it! You say "almost" normal - are you still noticing problems at all? If this is all helping, then keep doing it until it's right. And don't be afraid to drive it - a good run might help. It'll certainly be fun!
Good work there, Convertible Girl.

Mrmiata 09-02-2013 10:43 PM

Throw in a "throttle reset" too.. turn key to on position (dash lights up etc.). Push accelerator to floor and hold for 5 seconds.. turn key to off and let accelerator pedal up. Give it two minutes with the key left in it. Drive as "normal"..

Convertible girl 09-02-2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ottawa John (Post 756748)
Hey -
Glad to hear it! You say "almost" normal - are you still noticing problems at all? If this is all helping, then keep doing it until it's right. And don't be afraid to drive it - a good run might help. It'll certainly be fun!

Ahhhh..that was nice of you to say but I wouldn't be here without all the help. I say almost but I think I might be possibly feeling or sensing things that aren't there because I can't believe it might be fixed and didn't end up at my mechanics if you know what I mean. This last trip, I really do think it was normal but ANY anything I jumped on as something different. I did take him on the freeway for a bit at 70 mph..no sense in making a cop happy to pull me over in a flashy sports car!

Convertible girl 09-02-2013 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata (Post 756749)
Throw in a "throttle reset" too.. turn key to on position (dash lights up etc.). Push accelerator to floor and hold for 5 seconds.. turn key to off and let accelerator pedal up. Give it two minutes with the key left in it. Drive as "normal"..

Hey! Just saw this and I will do that tomorrow for sure but what does the reset do? I really do want to really figure out how to get to that the throttle body and the MFS and clean them both really good. Couldn't for the life of me find the darn screws so I just sprayed.

Convertible girl 09-03-2013 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ottawa John (Post 756748)
Hey -

Took the car out today and it acted perfectly normal so I think its fixed! Thanks to everyone again!

Ottawa John 09-03-2013 05:55 PM

Glad to hear it! It's our pleasure to help - that's what the forum does best.

Convertible girl 09-03-2013 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ottawa John (Post 756838)
Glad to hear it! It's our pleasure to help - that's what the forum does best.

Well that is a fact and the next time I have an issue the forum will be the first place I come to..not my mechanic. Goodness knows what else I might learn to do.

pizzaguy 09-03-2013 07:10 PM

Come to the fall Dragon and you'll learn to eat up a set of tires in 10,000 miles. :)

Convertible girl 09-03-2013 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 756847)
Come to the fall Dragon and you'll learn to eat up a set of tires in 10,000 miles. :)

What And where is it? And those tires are expensive so not sure I want to "eat them up"!

pizzaguy 09-03-2013 07:48 PM

Most people don't drive like that, but I DID take my rears from just above the wear marks, to BALD in 700 mile at the last Dragon...

Click here:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...r-4-5-6-a.html

It's past the deadline to get a room at $79 a night... but unless they are sold out, I'd bet we can get around that. I once got a discounted room, like, a week before the event. ;)

If not, there's always the hotel in Robbinsville...

We have a few cars coming from Texas, and the Gencoupe's leader is in Texas. You need not travel alone!

pizzaguy 09-03-2013 07:49 PM

Don't get me wrong, not EVERYONE drives like a psycho at the Dragon.

ALSO, see post 3 in that thread.

Convertible girl 09-03-2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 756853)
Don't get me wrong, not EVERYONE drives like a psycho at the Dragon.

ALSO, see post 3 in that thread.

I see the city but what state is it held in?

pizzaguy 09-03-2013 08:46 PM

On the border of NC and TN.

Convertible girl 09-03-2013 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 756861)
On the border of NC and TN.

Well I need to hang in there for something close to Houston Texas. My husband has zero interest in my crossfire *yawn* so I would need to go it alone. 😜 He prefers his loud and stinky F350.

pizzaguy 09-03-2013 08:56 PM

Start reading the forums, the Texas GTGs are frequent!

Convertible girl 09-03-2013 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 756864)
Start reading the forums, the Texas GTGs are frequent!

What forum are they listed under..."GTG'S"?

pizzaguy 09-03-2013 09:53 PM

Under "Regional Forums" go to

Crossfire Meets - many GTG's (Get-ToGethers) are listed there.

Also under "Regional Forums" go to

North America and click South Forum

Convertible girl 09-03-2013 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 756876)
Under "Regional Forums" go to

Crossfire Meets - many GTG's (Get-ToGethers) are listed there.

Also under "Regional Forums" go to

North America and click South Forum

n
I will check it out!