TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Powertrain Control Module Flash TSB #18-030-04

Old 05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Powertrain Control Module Flash TSB #18-030-04

This thread is interesting because I had read it before and was somewhat taken aback by the comments about the gent and wife being told they don't know how to drive a stick. You know that's just bull.
It also reminded me of my latest and most troublesome woes to date. My car had been feeling like it was going over a rumble strip when I wasn't. Generally this occured when I'd been driving above 35 and trying to bring it down to 25, as per the speed limit. It got progressively worse so I called the dealer that I used to use for such things. He asked if I'd bought the car there, I told him no. He then told me that he was quite busy and that he'd call me when he had some time. I waited a month or so and after the Newport cruise, it finally almost crapped out on me. I brought it to a new dealer that treated me well and with the respect I desired. They got me a rental and in 3 days time I picked the car up, it was fine. They had to install a new transmision control module. It did the trick. About 2 weeks later, I was doing an accelerated run up to 90 when a clunk as was mentioned by another party, disturbed my ride. My son was with me and commented on it and we both felt it lurch. I got to my exit OK and stopped at a red light, the car stalled. I started it back up and went along to my destination without an issue. While my son was inside, I decided to call the dealer, the check engine light was on. I relayed the entire story to him, it was about 3:30 pm and the service manager would be there until 5:30. Needless to say, I went back and dropped my son off, stalling a few times with no throttle response, I limped back to the dealer in plenty of time for them to run a computer check of the codes. It was the mass air flow sensor that had given out. They ordered the part from Boston and it would be in RI the next morning. I called and it was indeed in so I went in and waited while they fixed it. They told me that they had never seen one of these go before. Now, my car runs and drives as it did before, although shift points have to be relearned by the computer. Needless to say, I'm wondering if my transmission problem was associated to the TSB that is being discussed. The only issue that was shown to me was a notice on transmisions on early built cars and discussed the problems such as I was having. I guess mine went too far and broke down completely.
Rick

Last edited by Crossfire Trail; 05-23-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular

BTW, that new dealer that was so nice, is out of business. Isn't that the way it goes?
Despite all the little things that have happened, they are all relatively minor and cost me nothing except time. I'm retired and can do it anyway. The car is fixed and I love it, which is why I purchased it, in the first place.
Rick

Last edited by Crossfire Trail; 05-23-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Can anyone post a .pdf or word document of this actual bulletin?

I'm having a hard time finding it/accessing it as well ... I'm going to print out TSB's and bring them in to my dealer - to make sure the right things are being done.

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by SHORTCrossfire
Can anyone post a .pdf or word document of this actual bulletin?

I'm having a hard time finding it/accessing it as well ... I'm going to print out TSB's and bring them in to my dealer - to make sure the right things are being done.

Thanks!
http://www.crossfirecommunity.net/De...jpg&ctl=Viewer

Old 08-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Lightbulb Re: Powertrain Control Module Flash TSB #18-030-04

Yesterday, I flashed my ETC EGS52 unit to the 030 AMG transmission software. After the ETC unit was flashed, I performed the adaptation procedure as stated in DAS. The reason why I did this is because my car was not making as much power as a normal modded C32 (I have a C32 motor swap with LET 185mm pulley,headers, and FMIC). However, the 722.6 transmission was shifting early at 5200 rpm and would not go past that to the normal 6000+rpm. It made 317 rwhp on the dynojet last Friday. Originally, my stock ETC was programmed with the non-AMG USA California transmission program. After the new coding was transferred to the ETC, my car definitely feels different in the first the third gear changes. The rear tires are spinning from first to third. I am going to drive it again and see how high the engine revs.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 PM

how do you find out when the car was produced???mines an 04 and where do i look for what number my car is?????and would i have to get mine reflashed????

Old 01-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shreker
how do you find out when the car was produced???mines an 04 and where do i look for what number my car is?????and would i have to get mine reflashed????
The last 6 numbers of you vin tell you your build #... the numbers after the X. And if you look in you drivers door sill there will be a sticker with you vin as well as other information and that will tell you what month and year you crossfire was built... you will have to call Chrysler to get an actual date.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shreker
Look at the MDH# that is below the month/year Build Date on the door sticker.
The first two digits are the MONTH.
The second two digits are the DAY of that month.
The last two digits is the HOUR of that day it was completed. (24 hour clock).
You do not have to call Chrysler, just read the driver's door sticker.

Last edited by VQ35DE; 01-10-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:47 PM

Just a quick question. I called and scheduled an appointment to have my 04'XF reprogrammed.. The PCM flash.. should this be covered under the TSB? When I made the appointment they told me it would be $125.00 for the upgrade.
Thanks for all replys.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did you get the re flash ??? & did you have to pay $125 ????? let me know thanks !!!!!