TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Socket

Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Socket

I have an 04 x-fire coupe, well maintained, have a left turn signal that is not working. Access to the problem area is under the hood, just under the frame bolster and above and between the two headlamps. The turn signal bulb and socket are interchangeable from left to right side. In this c ase, the left (drivers") side socket was removed by turning the butterfly handles leftward about a quarter of a turn and then pulling the bulb assembly out. The bulb is fine, the socket into which the bulb fits is intact but one of the contacts has melted through and so is not making solid contact with its pickup point within the headlamp assembly. The part number for this appears to be 5174703AA, and the mercedes part number cross reference is apparently A000 540 0966. MOPAR/Chrylser does not provide this part any longer, none are found at any dealer or in Detroit as being in stock. Mercedes does not have the corresponding cross reference part. WTF? !!!
I can send a picture of the part and the damage on the part, but other than going to a junk yard and finding a damaged crossfire and pullling the part, I dont know how else to find this part. The part has PR66-CF30 (the R may be an A, the C may be a G and the 30 may in fact be 3D, cannot distinguish because of the nature of the scripting on the cylinder of the part, but wait, it gets worse, STOCKOVALEO (but cant really tell if the OCKO is CCKD or whether the VALEO is really VRLED); internet search finds STOCKO VALEO as a parts supplier principally in europe. The base of the part near the butterfly handles says clearly STOCKO-VALEO and before that has the inscription PY 21 W

I knew I was buying a rare care years ago when I picked this up, but I did not know that no parts would be available for this vehicle in less than 20 years.

pics may be seen at https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...34-albums.html

Any guidance from anyone would be helpful.
If I can figure out how to post a couple of pics of this part, i'll put em up

Last edited by drdr99; 02-21-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: adding images
Old 02-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Socket

Originally Posted by drdr99
I have an 04 x-fire coupe, well maintained, have a left turn signal that is not working. Access to the problem area is under the hood, just under the frame bolster and above and between the two headlamps. The turn signal bulb and socket are interchangeable from left to right side. In this c ase, the left (drivers") side socket was removed by turning the butterfly handles leftward about a quarter of a turn and then pulling the bulb assembly out. The bulb is fine, the socket into which the bulb fits is intact but one of the contacts has melted through and so is not making solid contact with its pickup point within the headlamp assembly. The part number for this appears to be 5174703AA, and the mercedes part number cross reference is apparently A000 540 0966. MOPAR/Chrylser does not provide this part any longer, none are found at any dealer or in Detroit as being in stock. Mercedes does not have the corresponding cross reference part. WTF? !!!
I can send a picture of the part and the damage on the part, but other than going to a junk yard and finding a damaged crossfire and pullling the part, I dont know how else to find this part. The part has PR66-CF30 (the R may be an A, the C may be a G and the 30 may in fact be 3D, cannot distinguish because of the nature of the scripting on the cylinder of the part, but wait, it gets worse, STOCKOVALEO (but cant really tell if the OCKO is CCKD or whether the VALEO is really VRLED); internet search finds STOCKO VALEO as a parts supplier principally in europe. The base of the part near the butterfly handles says clearly STOCKO-VALEO and before that has the inscription PY 21 W

I knew I was buying a rare care years ago when I picked this up, but I did not know that no parts would be available for this vehicle in less than 20 years.

pics may be seen at CrossfireForum.org - drdr99's Albums

Any guidance from anyone would be helpful.
If I can figure out how to post a couple of pics of this part, i'll put em up
Here is the Valeo online catalog at the Crossfire page. CLICK
This part PY 21 W is a bulb and it fits a socket BAU15S. We now need to find the holder with the butterfly grips with that socket in it.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-21-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I sent him a PM asking for his address 180, I have a spare I'll send him free.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I sent him a PM asking for his address 180, I have a spare I'll send him free.
That is very good of you, your good deed for the day.
What is the number on it?

Old 02-21-2014, 07:51 PM

What is the number on it?
PY 21 W STOCKO-VALEO
Inside it has PR66-GF30

Old 02-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

G., you are one great guy! Remember fixing that one?

Old 02-21-2014, 10:44 PM

Obsolete .............

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-28-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:42 PM

to OneHundred80,
wow, dont know how you did it, but those links look to be spot on bro!!
I have inquired with first link at partsworld-uk dot com, about whether the Chrysler part No.
Part No. 5174703AA is a match to the Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot part; my photos of my spent part are very close match, there are some diffs, so before pulling trigger, I'll wait for some confirmation. Too bad Chrysler has totally abandoned support of the Crossfire. Bet I could get the part if I gave Chrysler about $450 and purchased a new headlamp/turnsignal/parking lamp system, the part is probably embedded with the larger configuration of lamps and lamp body.
Thanks so much for your kind assistance.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Did the one I sent you not work ?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 AM

ala_xfire, correct, the socket received just fell apart in a way....the contact point on one side fell away from its mooring as I gently wiped the contacts with a tissue to insure it was clean before preparing to set the bulb and part into the female receiver.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:08 AM

so sorry, that came from a junk headlight I had, never tested it.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by drdr99
ala_xfire, correct, the socket received just fell apart in a way....the contact point on one side fell away from its mooring as I gently wiped the contacts with a tissue to insure it was clean before preparing to set the bulb and part into the female receiver.
OK, was the problem solved? We like to know the results of our time we spent looking for an answer for you.
We may not bother to answer you next time if we get no feedback.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
OK, was the problem solved? We like to know the results of our time we spent looking for an answer for you.
We may not bother to answer you next time if we get no feedback.

Did we ever find out if this worked

Old 04-04-2014, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The Valeo part number is PR66-GF30
The Fiat part number for this is 9406215468.
Google this number and you find it is used on a lot of European cars.
It can be found here (CLICK) or here (CLICK) in the UK, there must be other cars that use them.
This part accepts a PY 21 W bulb (amber) and the socket size is BAU15S
This looks like the Butterfly socket we have.
Valeo makes parts for lots of car not just MB.

List of bulb types.
Did we ever find out if this works

Old 04-11-2014, 01:34 PM

I ordered the VALEO pa66-gf30 part through partsworld-uk via ebay. The part number is the same as my original part and it "appears" to be a very similar in the photo. I am unable to get it to fit. Some of the tabs are in the right place , but the plastic around one of the contact points is wider, additionally it appears that some of the cams that will allow it to lock into place are in the wrong location.

This was quite a disappointment. It is unbelievable to me that VALEO would have two different parts with the same part number. I plan on contacting VALEO to see how I would go about finding the original part for the Crossfire.

Currently my solution has been two strips of copper tape over the bad contact taped into place. It is holding for now, but I would prefer another solution.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by cwwilsonpa
I ordered the VALEO pa66-gf30 part through partsworld-uk via ebay. The part number is the same as my original part and it "appears" to be a very similar in the photo. I am unable to get it to fit. Some of the tabs are in the right place , but the plastic around one of the contact points is wider, additionally it appears that some of the cams that will allow it to lock into place are in the wrong location.

This was quite a disappointment. It is unbelievable to me that VALEO would have two different parts with the same part number. I plan on contacting VALEO to see how I would go about finding the original part for the Crossfire.

Currently my solution has been two strips of copper tape over the bad contact taped into place. It is holding for now, but I would prefer another solution.
I'm sorry you got a bummer here and you are having lots of agro.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:16 PM

image.jpgI have had a problem with mine on the drivers side, one of the contacts got weak and would not hold the connection. It finally broke all the way off and like everyone a replacement is not easy. I will see how long my fix holds. I found a pen with a metal pocket clip that fit in the channel and cut a piece longer than the gap, once I verified the connection with my multimeter and soldered it in place. I built up the bridge with more solder so it made a solid connection in the housing.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by EpicDesyre
Attachment 32312I have had a problem with mine on the drivers side, one of the contacts got weak and would not hold the connection. It finally broke all the way off and like everyone a replacement is not easy. I will see how long my fix holds. I found a pen with a metal pocket clip that fit in the channel and cut a piece longer than the gap, once I verified the connection with my multimeter and soldered it in place. I built up the bridge with more solder so it made a solid connection in the housing.
Good job, this may last longer than the original.
Fixing what you have is cheaper than chasing all over for something that may not exist anymore.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:39 PM

I had the same problem with my 2005 coupe.After a month of searching for a part in the US, I started searching in Europe. After talking to Valeo I ordered Peugeot Part # 6215465 from ebay.co.uk. It was an exact fit. I hope this helps.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:23 PM

Obsolete ...........

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-28-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Socket