TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Socket

Old 08-28-2018, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Socket

Originally Posted by mugsy99
did you just put in the new ones like the old ones? just received 2 from lithuania as well and they seem extra hard to turn into the socket. i don't really want to break them.

QUOTE=mariontr;899722]Well got the parts this past weekend and installed yesterday and worked like a charm. So I have 3 left in case something goes wrong with the passenger side with two in reserve. Got mine also from Lithuania, took about 2 weeks to get with the holidays.Now for the rubber piece under the passenger mirror that looks like spider webs now.

[/QUOTE]
My replacement socket arrived yesterday from LIthuania - thanks all for the information - and it slid in easier than the old one it replaced. Nice to have a front blinker again.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes it installed the same as the old ones. Fits very snug and so far no issues not working:-P

Old 09-03-2018, 09:13 AM

Just wanted wanted to let everyone know, I got the lights to work! I just kept trimming the new sockets and had to hold my tongue just right and they clicked right into position. Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by mariontr
Yes it installed the same as the old ones. Fits very snug and so far no issues not working:-P

Old 12-17-2018, 12:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I sent him a PM asking for his address 180, I have a spare I'll send him free.
Hi George... would you by chance an extra signal light housing I could purchase from you? mine has one of the contact prongs broken>>>>Carl

Old 01-28-2019, 09:43 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAGNATUDE
I do not intend to sound pompous, but we seem to be overthinking the solution. Are we not?

EpicDesyre pretty much fixed his with a simple solution.

I fixed mine with an even simpler solution.
The issue to this problem is: Over a period of time, the socket contact loses electrical connection to the bulb. The bulb is not the issue.

The bad contact is easily identified by looking at the one with soot, corrosion and maybe even physical wear. Mine had a small hole at the contact point.

I simply sanded the soot and corrosion with 200 grit sandpaper, used an old toothbrush to remove the dust then used a jewelers flathead screwdriver to pry up the contact about 2mm, then protected the metal with fish oil as an anti-corrosion protectant using a small cotton swab. Finished it by re-assembling everything back to normal.

This is the exact issue I have on both lights. The contact has holes burnt in them on both head lights. Did you pry up the contact the had the hole in it?

Old 03-03-2020, 08:58 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I dont have pics but have added solder to burn throughs and have been 100% successful on both front turn sockets and assemblies.

Just make the solder a nice smooth 'hump' to replicate the curve and missing metal.

Good luck.
CAUGHTINAXF
ps prying them up tends to snap off the contact

Last edited by CaughtInaXF; 03-03-2020 at 09:16 PM.