U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

New car time... hopefully!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car time... hopefully!!

Well it looks like the Lightning has departed (with good luck and a fair wind it'll be leaving Thursday - I have to admit to being in 2 minds about it, part of me (a BIG part) is going to miss the awesome performance but I think that now is the right time for a change (had her for 3 great years!) which means that I can now start looking for a XF

I've already decided I'm not going black or white (just too hard to keep looking clean) nor am I going manual, red interior or 'vert and the miles will preferably be <35k with 2/3 owners max so that's a fair few decisions already taken ... however now come the hard bit so far the best colour for me is the Blue followed by Red then Silver Blue, Grey and finally the dark grey (are there 2 different shades of grey because it sure looks that way!) so now I've gotten all that out of the way there're are still quite a few choices to be made... I'll keep y'all posted

Old 05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New car time.... hopefully!!

Hi Waylander
Well are in luck with colours , You can not get White in right hand drive (USA only ???) , Have you look at Yellow as a option very rare colour , In two years of Xfire watching/ownership i have only seen one in the flesh . Also there is the SRT6 to think about ,

IMHO the top top Xfire to go for would be 'Black soft top SRT6' but you will be looking at about £15K for a low mile one .

Anyway welcome to the club soon .

Cheers

Andy

Old 05-19-2009, 04:09 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New car time... hopefully!!

I must admit that yellow would be my #1 pick - however it does seem as if yellow is a convertable only color

I do have a slight advantage in one regard in as much as a friend of mine is in the trade and I've been told of one coupe <30k for under £7k (well under) which to be honest is vERY tempting but I'm just not sure if I'd prefer a blue (aero blue isn't it?)... anywho I have a few days to consider things before I've got to actually make a decision

I've given serious thought about an SRT6 since it is the only XF version that'll beat my truck - but then 'mr sensible' cuts in and I have to ask myself how often I'd actually use that extra performance (though I think that the SRT6 engine cover is sooo much nicer than the standard one it's not quite reason enough to buy the car lol) versus the extra cash that I could play around with on slightly modding a standard UK spec car

Old 05-19-2009, 05:11 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Waylander

Yea i do prefer the darker colours ( sorry color) , I think the lighter colours wash the features out , But i think that on all car shapes not just the Xfire . Your timing is spot on to steal a deal ( if only i had waited 18 months ).
but thats like 18 months less Xfire driving .

Cheers

Andy

Old 05-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Forum Regular

true on the timing - my compensation was I had three years scaring the bits outta people with the Lightning but I feel something a little more civilised is now in order (must be getting old lol)

Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Waylander

Hey Fish gotta swim , Man gotta drive .

Cheers

Andy