U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Looking to buy... please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy... please help.

I've just had my die on me on the M25 and although I am thinking to get it fixed I know it is about time to let it R.I.P.

So I've been looking around at what I can afford.....

The contenders are

Mazda RX8 - these are great handling cars and generally get good reviews certainly a drivers car and yes I've driven a few but they also suffer from a horrible thorn in their side and that is what puts me off. I could look around for a good one but even then their are no guarantees and the cost of a new engine is about what I'd be spending out on one anyway again.

Other than this the other contenders are the Volvo C70 T5 (which would perhaps be a sensible choice).

The Chrsler Crossfire

or

a Porsche Boxter

For the money the Crossfire seems to get my vote as I recon for around 4-5k should be able to get a good low mile one with full main dealer service history too.

However I guess I need to know.....

Servicing costs

Am I being realisitic

How much luggage space is there inside for frequent trips to and from Germany? Must fill that boot with a few cases to make the jouney worthwile.

Also my business partners want me to get something that they can put a tow bar on.... I would never do such sacralige however so am looking for a car that could never tow!

Anyway help would be appreciated....

What should I be looking out for what should I be avoiding? I am sure most of this is available if I look through the forums but I have limited time and am viewing one tomorrow so I need to get educated fast!

Please help!!!!

Any great cars for sale around London at the momnent?

Would be even better if someone has on here knows about these cars could make themselves available to come and look at some cars with me...... I'm in south east London near Greenwich but also around East sussex at times.

Last edited by Nutisbak2; 05-14-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Default Re: Looking to buy...... please help.

You managed to roll a car on the M25?! Impressive. Remind me to take the scenic route in future...

Old 05-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Default Re: Looking to buy...... please help.

alryt mate, boot space serprizingly good. plenty of roomfor wot u need.lol. servicing not as costly as u might think. i do have a crossfire for sale if ur intrested u can contact me on 07510975749. its in immaculate condition and only 29,000 miles. will send pictures and answer any questions u have.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Looking to buy... please help.

Hi Nutisbak2, I am in the Dartford area, have a Crossfire and a SRT6, be more than happy to help you find a Crossfire