U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Ownership - 6 Months On

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:44 PM
pct
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ownership - 6 Months On

Well I've had my Roadster for 6 months as of this weekend

I thought i'd post up my opinions as I know potential owners will search these forums just as I did before I bought mine.

Well its all been positive up to now, I still look forward to every trip and other than some cosmetic work I decided to have done when I first bought it such as a full wheel re-furb and some work in the wheel arch lips the car has simply been washed, waxed, levels checked and driven since.

I can honestly say there is hardly anything about this car that I could criticise, it handles great, it sounds great, its got enough power to deliver plenty of fun, and does so without guzzling fuel, its got every bit of equipment I could wish for, it draws plenty of interest when I park it, and I really cant see where any of the interior build quality comments came from with some road testers, its screwed together as good as anything else I've owned, its 9 years old now and nothing in the cabin shows any wear & tear at all.

If I was pushed to come up with a single negative I would say that rear visibility on my roadster makes it a bit challenging to park with the roof up, other than that I honestly cant think of anything else I could possibly moan about and that's rare for me as in the past I've found plenty to moan about on cars I've owned at 3 times the price!!

So in summary I really do think these cars are a true hidden gem in their class and well worth considering, they are also better looking than a lot of the more expensive choices in the class so don't be blinded by badge snobbery!!

Old 07-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ownership - 6 Months On

I agree with every comment you made. I have had mine for over a year and a half now and still feel the same way. I do have a yearning for more power at times, but other than that, flawless car with only minor niggles to complain about. Even on this side of the pond the car stacks up very well against other, pricier cars.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 PM

had ours for close to 2 years still love it still turns heads. its my wifes every day driver so still a bit of a treat for me to get behind the wheel

Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 AM

I've recently purchased my third crossfire. All in the best colour

I agree with all previous posts, its an excellent car and after seven years of ownership I still get a buzz when driving and hearing the engine start.

Attending www.ukcrossfies.co.uk events are great fun and are recommended to all xfire owners. See details on the crossfire web site.

UKKen

Last edited by UK ken; 07-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:05 PM

I am just over a year into my rag top. I got it because I became to fat, fragile, and frightened to ride a motorcycle. It lives in a garage until the sun comes out then I poodle about the lanes enjoying the countryside from that big armchair that Chrysler kindly provided as a drivers seat. I love the car, I can see and feel that it has faults but that truly does not matter because to my taste it is a beautiful if slightly barking piece of machinery.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Middleman4
I am just over a year into my rag top. I got it because I became to fat, fragile, and frightened to ride a motorcycle. It lives in a garage until the sun comes out then I poodle about the lanes enjoying the countryside from that big armchair that Chrysler kindly provided as a drivers seat. I love the car, I can see and feel that it has faults but that truly does not matter because to my taste it is a beautiful if slightly barking piece of machinery.
OK, you stumped me on that one.
I Googled and Bing'd, and can't find what a "slightly barking piece of machinery" is.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
pct

Originally Posted by alaxfire
OK, you stumped me on that one.
I Googled and Bing'd, and can't find what a "slightly barking piece of machinery" is.
Barking Mad is an English term for someone or something which is a bit crazy/nutty

Not sure of the actual origin, probably a mad dog or something?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by pct
Barking Mad is an English term for someone or something which is a bit crazy/nutty

Not sure of the actual origin, probably a mad dog or something?
Thanks, makes sense now .

Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Thanks, makes sense now .
Slightly off-topic but as it's come up:

Barking mad

Interesting that there is a motoring and US connection!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 AM

I will have had my SRT coupe for a year in August - and fully agree with pct - great car.
(Can't complain about the power, though!)
Coupes are also a bit of a pain to park - but it's small price to pay.
It may not quite be a Maserati but there is still a sense of occasion when getting in and starting up.
The slightly 'barking' look is right - obviously in a good way; apart from simply liking the looks for their own sake, driving something different is part of the fun - as is keeping the uninformed guessing - people still ask "What is it" when it clearly has 'Chrysler' and 'Crossfire' emblazoned across the back - oh well...!