U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Upgrade to an SRT

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade to an SRT

I have had my black 2005 convertible for 18 months and its been good fun to own. It has enough power for the country lanes but it is certainly not quick. I love the look of the car and cannot imagine not having one so i have been looking at trading up to an SRT. Trouble is I cannot find one. I would love to know the pros and cons of the SRT and where the heck to find a good one!! Money is of course important but I have no problem paying through the nose for a good RHD machine
Mike the Middleman

Old 07-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Upgrade to an SRT

Pros:
- Extra permagrin

Cons:
- Better chance for a speeding ticket
- More gas use on average

I have had an SRT-6 now for nearly two years and no regrets. Good luck on finding one.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsky
Pros:
- Extra permagrin

Cons:
- Better chance for a speeding ticket
- More gas use on average

I have had an SRT-6 now for nearly two years and no regrets. Good luck on finding one.
I will add to Evans list.

pros: very quick, supercharger whine and kick in the pants when it engages, up graded brakes and suspention, seats hold you better in the turns(alcantera ) , front spoiler and rear wing, and you don't see too many as you have discovered. 2016 coupes and 928 roadsters world wide.

Cons: good luck keeping tread on the rear tires, and God help you if you catch the modding bug.

Sounds like an SRT would be perfect for you. Good luck with your search. Your local Crossfire community has been very helpful in previous searches I have read about.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Middleman4
I have had my black 2005 convertible for 18 months and its been good fun to own. It has enough power for the country lanes but it is certainly not quick. I love the look of the car and cannot imagine not having one so i have been looking at trading up to an SRT. Trouble is I cannot find one. I would love to know the pros and cons of the SRT and where the heck to find a good one!! Money is of course important but I have no problem paying through the nose for a good RHD machine
Mike the Middleman
I will have had my black SRT6 coupe for a year next month. I tried a couple of standard cars first which were a nice drive but I realised there was not much improvement on my twin-turbo diesel Volvo, so I know what you mean about not being that quick.
I've only done about 2k so far, so I'm only just getting used to what it's capable of (which is a lot!) and not had it serviced yet so can't comment on that - it's due in abut 1500 miles according to the FSS and it's over year since the last one - so I'll get that done before taking it off the road for the winter - tax expires end Sept. which should work out nicely.
So far no issues (fingers crossed - I have to remind myself that for every problem posted on the forum there are many more owners enjoying trouble-free Crossfire motoring).
It's a seriously fast and deeply satisfying experience - although I can understand those standard Crossfire owners who have 'upgraded' to an SRT who find it a bit of a culture shock - 'cos it is pretty hard-core by comparison!
So if it's a lot more power you're after, go for it - I've had no regrets so far - but obviously you need to drive one to be sure.
A few months ago, there were more SRT6 convertibles on ebay & Autotrader than coupes but lately they seem to have dried up - which is not surprising when you consider that only about 117 rhd SRT6s were imported to the UK - approx 75 coupes and around 40 'verts - rare cars indeed - no wonder you're having trouble finding one!
But keep looking - they do come up - the guy I bought mine from actually had two for sale...

Old 07-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Forum Regular

You looking for coupe or roadster?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:16 PM

After 2 standard Crossfires my third had to be the SRT, and though I new that an extra 115 plus BHP from the AMG lump (or is it true that's its actually 125 more!) was going to make a difference I was amazed at its performance - which can only be described as Shattering. There are not many cars on the road that pin you into the seat when you plant your right foot at 90mph! and the SRT will eat most cars for breakfast off the line. But the ride is harder than the standard and the car is beefed up in many ways to cope with the extra horses. Under normal driving conditions I get 330 to a full tank just same as standard model. Once you've driven the SRT theres no way back!