U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

UK Crossfire Club.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Crossfire Club.

The list of events/meets for 2014 look very interesting and well worth attending, plus a good opportunity to chat to other xfire owners in person rather than on .org or face book.

Full list of events listed on UK crossfires face book page or their web site.. www.ukcrossfires.co.uk

UKKen.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Default Re: UK Crossfire Club.

Remember guys n gals the uk facebook page also has meets but they don't ask you to cough up £20 for the privilage, and are always willing to help a damsel or guy.

I love 'em

Old 05-29-2014, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by KATE'S DIRTY BLUE COUPE
Remember guys n gals the uk facebook page also has meets but they don't ask you to cough up £20 for the privilage, and are always willing to help a damsel or guy.

I love 'em

Hi Kate How many of the mentioned meets have there been, and have you attended any?

UKKen.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:07 AM
Forum Regular

Just to clarify, UK Crossfire Owners does not have 'meets' They have get togethers which are usually organised by other clubs and event organisations which anyone can attend. The group just publicises them and Crossfire owners who wish to attend, attend!!.
UK Crossfire Owners FB Group even publicises UK Crossfire Club events and allows photos of their event to be posted for all to see :-)
UK Crossfire Owners in not a 'club' and was not started as a 'rival' to UK Crossfires Club, quite the opposite, it was started to compliment the club but club 'officials' did not approve and refused to accept the Facebook group.
It is a shame they felt that way as the Facebook group is so successful and would have complimented UK Crossfire Club :-(

Lets not start a silly war of words! lets all play nicely :-)

Old 05-29-2014, 06:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UK ken
Hi Kate How many of the mentioned meets have there been, and have you attended any?

UKKen.
nice one ken........apparently its too far for Gills SLM despite the fact we regularly travel 70-80 miles for an lunch meet, some people obviously dont like driving their cars, and kate with the dirty car, you do realise that a lot of people on the facebook page are also members of ukcrossfires and were happy to spend £20 to attend meets and meet other XF owners....missing you already...

Old 05-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Forum Regular

Think its time to sell my Crossfires :-( cant be doing with this pettyness :-(

Wonder if the MX5 club are better behaved!!!! :-)

Last edited by UK-SRT6; 05-29-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by UK-SRT6
Think its time to sell my Crossfires :-( cant be doing with this pettyness :-(

Wonder if the MX5 club are better behaved!!!! :-)

I doubt it...plus with your build Mo the MX5 would be a tight fit !! very tight

UKKen

Old 05-30-2014, 06:37 AM

Well I for one am waiting to see what these are (copied from web site) before I decide to join

""We’ve got a great lineup of benefits that you will be able to access once you’ve joined. We’ll be able to tell you more about these very soon - final details are being put together.""

Old 05-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i`ve paid my money but then I or should i say we (mus`nt forget she who must be obeyed) enjoy going to meets and meeting people if your not bothered about meets probably not for you benefits or not..and as harry enfield said...Mo MX5 NO....you would never be happy with only 160 odd bhp under your right foot....

Last edited by xfchris; 05-30-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Forum Regular

We always enjoyed the meets and the chatting with old and new faces

The membership fee is just what clubs do !! No issue with that

The people who attend these meets have a good time, if not, then they wouldn't bother going to them

Old 05-30-2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by xfchris
i`ve paid my money but then I or should i say we (mus`nt forget she who must be obeyed) enjoy going to meets and meeting people if your not bothered about meets probably not for you benefits or not..and as harry enfield said...Mo MX5 NO....you would never be happy with only 160 odd bhp under your right foot....
I enjoy going to meets when possible which isn't often but this still doesn't answer the question what are the benefits lauded on the website as part of the reason for joining?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Robskytoon
I enjoy going to meets when possible which isn't often but this still doesn't answer the question what are the benefits lauded on the website as part of the reason for joining?

The member benefits are simply stated on the site etc, just any other club does. Please explain what you mean by "lauded", and if you prefer, feel free to contact me to explain on 07954 685044. Its so easy to criticise from the side-lines, and clubs are not for everyone. Lets have a chat about it, I'm very happy to clear up any concerns you may have.

It doesn't matter what groups or clubs exist - surely its the cars that bring us together, its a great car, a great hobby, and where ever the meets are, or who ever organises them, lets just go and have a great time!

Last edited by Steve - UK; 06-01-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:39 AM

Well I for one am waiting to see what these are (copied from web site) before I decide to join

""We’ve got a great lineup of benefits that you will be able to access once you’ve joined. We’ll be able to tell you more about these very soon - final details are being put together.""

Membership Benefits have been stated on the club membership application form since March. This downloadable from the site.

The Membership Cards are about to be mailed out to existing members - It has taken much longer than expected to find a good manufacturer at a sensible cost for these. The cards are individually numbered and have a signature strip on the back. I had several sample cards which turned out to be poor quality, so relieved to get his sorted.

The Members Windscreen Disks have been printed and will go out with the cards. These are really impressive and I'm sure folks will be very happy with them.

I believe most people appreciate that as a new club we will have to "find our feet" and there will be lessons to learn. The club has also had find another (approx.) 700.00 to pay for these.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
The member benefits are simply stated on the site etc, just any other club does. Please explain what you mean by "lauded", and if you prefer, feel free to contact me to explain on 07954 685044. Its so easy to criticise from the side-lines, and clubs are not for everyone. Lets have a chat about it, I'm very happy to clear up any concerns you may have.

It doesn't matter what groups or clubs exist - surely its the cars that bring us together, its a great car, a great hobby, and where ever the meets are, or who ever organises them, lets just go and have a great time!
I have been to a few of the meetings prior to the formation of the club and enjoyed the camaraderie all I asked was "what are these benefits?" I didn't expect this!!

BTW the bit I found on the website was this:-
"We’ve got a great lineup of benefits that you will be able to access once you’ve joined. We’ll be able to tell you more about these very soon - final details are being put together."

Hence the question

Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 AM

I have been to a few of the meetings prior to the formation of the club and enjoyed the camaraderie all I asked was "what are these benefits?" I didn't expect this!!

BTW the bit I found on the website was this:-
"We’ve got a great lineup of benefits that you will be able to access once you’ve joined. We’ll be able to tell you more about these very soon - final details are being put together."

Hence the question

Yes we have met at the meets and its great that you enjoyed them. I'm sorry you didn't expect a reply, but if you ask a question, or raise a point (regarding the UK Crossfires Club), of course I will answer, either here in the open forum or with a phone call if preferred. All the best!

Old 06-02-2014, 08:49 AM

Well it was a reply - didn't exactly answer the question though

Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Forum Regular

Well I have to put my ten pennorth in!!!! And it is not aimed at anyone in particular.

From what I hear Steve & Mike are doing a very good job organising some very good meets.

I thought all the hue ha over club membership had died a death!!!

With most clubs the membership fees covers the cost of the welcome pack, don't know if members of UKCC get one or not, and the running cost of a good website with interactive forum (which it doesn't have). As for benefits, what sort of thing would you expect? most clubs offer the usual insurance deals, but most deals you can get anyway with out being a member of any club. Not really sure what some expect, free petrol!!!!!! (I'd join that club)

Please don't take this as a dig, not meant as one! but the problem really, as I see it, Steve, Mike and Co. are victims of their own enthusiasm to get the club started. Things were said/promised/published possibly with out really looking at the reality of it. It has not been as easy as they first thought, maybe more should have been in place before actually launching the club and making statements that are proving hard to make a reality (hindsight is a wonderful thing)

Anyway, If you own a Crossfire and want to join an owners club, join!!! but don't expect miracles, it's a car club, run by inexperienced enthusiasts, not a multinational conglomerate!!! If all you are going to do is moan about it, don't join, walk away, don't keep bleating on about it!!!

Last edited by UK-SRT6; 06-02-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:54 PM

Thanks Mo, yes it is certainly a learning curve and I'm sure this will be ongoing for a while. We have tried to keep things as simple and manageable as possible in setting it up, but even then, there are always unexpected hurdles. I think we have got all the components in place now, and having got the meets underway with good numbers attending, can see the way forward. We have managed to deliver on what we set out to do, but the production and printing of membership cards and windscreen disks was a bigger challenge than initially thought (quality/price) and we have only just solved this. The costs involved were also high. But another factor is time, which is an ongoing challenge. It is clear that more pairs of hands is needed, especially at the meets but new members are coming on board at every meet and many showing great enthusiasm.
I do'nt want to try and flog the idea of joining the club to folks here in the forum, but happy to answer questions, and if owners want information i'm sure they will find the website. As is rightly said, it is a personal choice and doesn't suit everyone.
I reckon we now have it right - a group for owners who don't want join a club, and a club for those that do! Cheers for now, Steve

Old 06-02-2014, 04:00 PM

Well it was a reply - didn't exactly answer the question though

I'm sorry you are having trouble understanding this. Please go to club website and download the membership application form. This has all the info on it.
Thanks,
Steve