West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

In Search Of...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Search Of...

Does anyone know of a honest capable mechanic to work on my crossfire??? I live in Los Angeles, CA, and have had the worst luck ever finding help. Between Chrysler dealerships blowing out modules and damaging paint I don't really want to take it back there, EVER! My car has had some bad luck, but I love it and wouldn't get rid of it for anything. It has some work that needs to be done, anywhere from brakes to bearings, there's quite a bit so call for info. email me at: lespinney@yahoo.com or call (626) 872-0403.

Thanks,
Leighanne

Old 01-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: In Search Of...

Originally Posted by spinney
Does anyone know of a honest capable mechanic to work on my crossfire??? I live in Los Angeles, CA, and have had the worst luck ever finding help. Between Chrysler dealerships blowing out modules and damaging paint I don't really want to take it back there, EVER! My car has had some bad luck, but I love it and wouldn't get rid of it for anything. It has some work that needs to be done, anywhere from brakes to bearings, there's quite a bit so call for info. email me at: lespinney@yahoo.com or call (626) 872-0403

Thanks,
Leighanne
If you still have warranty, I'd take it to Buerge Chrysler in Santa Monica. I've been taking mine there and have had no issues with their service. Don't take it to La Brea Chrysler unless you're a glutton for punishment.

For an independent shop, Hans Germans Cars in the valley was recommended to me, I haven't used them but you can at least go there for a second opinion.

Good luck to ya...

Old 01-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Forum Regular
Red face Re: In Search Of...

As odd as this may sound... this is one of the things I'd try. this is long winded, but hopefully it will help a little.

Find out a reputable garage that comes recommended for non Xfires...
1. Ask them if they do work and warrenty work for Xfire.
2. Ask them for a list of some of the 3rd party extended warrenty companies they have had trouble with... Number 2 will help you gauge on their willingness to help you out in general.
3. Ask them to recommend a couple places... for Xfire work.

My regular mechanic I am very pleased with. They have helped me and worked with me on my old beat up 1986 nissan pickup truck. They know I am not going to spend a lot of $ on that truck, but they have always tried to please me.

I asked them if they could work on my Xfire and they said yes, advised on some of the X warrenty companies they have not had problems with and told me the name of ones they have had problems getting them to pay. They also said that I should take it to the dealer for major warrenty work, as they are not an authorized repair shop for my vehicle.

Also during a move of mine, a helper I had dropped a cabinet on my neighbors car. When i contacted the neighbor and told her I'd take care of it, she agreed to let me handle the footwork and not go through the insurance companies. My mechanic recommended 2 body shops. This all worked out well.
As you can see, they are interested in helping out whomever.

As you can see, my mechanic/garage is very helpful and in turn, I'll give them any business I can outside of needing to go to the dealer for Xfire warrenty work. When it is time to buy tires, I'll be buying from them.

I've also had good luck going to other Chrysler dealers and informing them I don't like XX dealer(s) and having them recommend places.

Now the point of all this... If you can find a place who is willing to help you out and spend time helping you out knowing they may not get your business, imho says a lot about them.

I hope some of this was helpful.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by spinney
Does anyone know of a honest capable mechanic to work on my crossfire??? I live in Los Angeles, CA, and have had the worst luck ever finding help. Between Chrysler dealerships blowing out modules and damaging paint I don't really want to take it back there, EVER! My car has had some bad luck, but I love it and wouldn't get rid of it for anything. It has some work that needs to be done, anywhere from brakes to bearings, there's quite a bit so call for info. email me at: lespinney@yahoo.com or call (626) 872-0403.

Thanks,
Leighanne
I've taken mine to the Chrysler dealer in Westlake Village with good success.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to go east a bit to Ontario (CA) Ontario Jeep Chrysler has been taking care of my cars over the last ten years. They actually like Crossfires.