West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Cars n Coffee Redux

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cars n Coffee Redux

Originally Posted by eganders
Janeen and I are coming. We're both bringing our X-Fires - so that's two more. See you all Saturday.

BTW we need to allot a bit of extra time for Brent as he'll be driving up from his new place in Chula Vista.

OK, it's obvious that neither one of us is moving so I have a new solution - you paint your 6 a different color. Heck, I'll paint it for you. I have ceiling paint in a lovely shade of white and I even have rollers so the job will go real quick. Ha!

Do you want to caravan up? Considering how early in the morning we have to leave I don't think we would have time to meet up. But if there is a convenient meeting place close to you and the highway then maybe we can make a stab at it.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:55 AM
TLo
Wink Re: Cars n Coffee Redux

I am going to do my best to show up Sat. I'm the one that just got my second Crossfire, the Sapphire Blue Roadster, I haven't done a thing to it yet, just a week old. But I'm sure you guys won't care. Anyhow sounds like a great get together.
Tony
La Verne CA.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brent
OK, it's obvious that neither one of us is moving so I have a new solution - you paint your 6 a different color. Heck, I'll paint it for you. I have ceiling paint in a lovely shade of white and I even have rollers so the job will go real quick. Ha!

Do you want to caravan up? Considering how early in the morning we have to leave I don't think we would have time to meet up. But if there is a convenient meeting place close to you and the highway then maybe we can make a stab at it.
Only if you have ceiling popcorn to go with it!

I'm thinking it's going to be about a 45- 50 minute trip from our house, so we'll plan to leave the house about 5:15am. We could meet you at about 5:25am at the Park and Ride lot at the La Costa Ave offramp. The P and R lot is at the NE corner.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are going to meet up at the Irvine Spectrum parking lot by 6:15 then plan to roll into PAG around 6:30 as a group. Call me on my cell to let me know if you can do this on Saturday. If you come in later, we'll try to hold some spaces for you all.

Originally Posted by eganders
Janeen and I are coming. We're both bringing our X-Fires - so that's two more. See you all Saturday.

BTW we need to allot a bit of extra time for Brent as he'll be driving up from his new place in Chula Vista.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Forum Regular

Good point Karl. We do plan to meet up with everyone at the Spectrum, so perhaps we ought to leave 15 min earlier just to be sure.

Brent, if you're able, we'll plan to meet you at the park and ride mentioned above at around 5:10am, and go from there.

Karl, I still have your cell from the last GTG so we'll check in on the road and plan to see you at the Spectrum.

Eric

Old 10-09-2009, 01:11 AM

OK, I'll do my very best to be at the park and ride at 5:15. But since this means I have to get up at Oh Dark Thirty military time, I'll probably wind up late. Seems to me that last year I made the drive in good time so I think if you left the p and r by 5:30 you should still make it to Spectrum by 6:15 latest.

Your 6 may look funny covered in popcorn. I suggest you dump cottage cheese on it first to get an idea of how it will look.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Forum Regular

OK, I'll do my very best to be at the park and ride at 5:15. But since this means I have to get up at Oh Dark Thirty military time, I'll probably wind up late. Seems to me that last year I made the drive in good time so I think if you left the p and r by 5:30 you should still make it to Spectrum by 6:15 latest.

Your 6 may look funny covered in popcorn. I suggest you dump cottage cheese on it first to get an idea of how it will look.
If we arrive at the Spectrum a few minutes early, we can chat and / or get a second cup of coffee.
Janeen and I will see you around 5:15am.

Last edited by eganders; 10-09-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:22 PM

I'll try and make it out there, but I'll be lucky to get there on time.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 PM

The car is spiffied up, the alarm is set for 4 and I'll be going to bed shortly. To think I got out of the military to avoid getting up so early.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 AM

i will be there at 6:15 to 6:20.

see you guys there.

justin

Old 10-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Forum Regular

Great time today at Cars n Coffee. Janeen and I (eganders) had never been to one before, but it was really enjoyable from start to finish.

For those who also haven't been, Cars n Coffee is an early AM event. We met up with Brent in San Diego's North County just before 5:30am and caravan-ed up to Irvine's "Spectrum" Mall, arriving a little after 6:00am. Once there, we drove through several Spectrum parking lots (it's a big place) until we found our leader, SRT SIX and Robert the photog. Over the next several minutes a bunch Crossfire forum folks, a really nice group, showed up to get the party started. Mall security came too, but just to check out our wheels. Then, at 6:45 am we rolled over to the Ford PAG complex together, and made our grand entrance.

Maybe 150 vehicles were already at the Cars n Coffee. Everything from restored Model T's to the latest and greatest Ferrari's were there. It was amazing. I wasn't counting, but I'd guess close to 300 cars eventually showed. An Italian Fiat restorer mentioned that an additional lot is sometimes filled too. It's really a portable Saturday morning auto museum on wheels that you could never dream to put together any other way. Definitely a special So. Cal happening. Something for everyone - families, kids and even some classic hounds too.. Oh, and lots and lots of car aficionados.

Anyway, our Crossfire group rolled in while many of the gathering watched. We all backed in, in a row on the east side of the lot. It was much fun mingling with all the enthusiasts, discussing our cars, their cars, etc., all while other classic, semi- exotic and exotic cars, old and new, continued to roll in over the next hour. The local Irvine Cops and the CHP even walked the event. Coffee, and doughnuts too!

Then, just after 8:00am, as quick as it began, it was all over. No horn blew. No bell sounded. But the masses started to leave as if on cue. We stayed until after 9:00am, but by then just a few cars were left. The car world had a "Saturday" to do, and they were off to do it. Most of our Crossfire group went to a nice breakfast, and then were off too. Great way to start the weekend.

Definitely an event to do again.

Thanks to everyone who came and helped including: SRT SIX for organizing, Z28toXFire, Brent, Mike-in-Orange, OC Xfire (and fiance LaVerne and his way cool Prowler), Robert the photog, and Janeen too. And to those who slept in .....Zzzzzzzzzzz - you missed out.... but we'll see you next time. Definitely worth waking up for - and great to go as a group.

Eric
eganders

Last edited by eganders; 10-13-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:27 AM

Eganders,

I agree, great get together. It was nice seeing everypne again. It shows that it is possible to get SoCal owners together once in a while. I can only hope the others who could not make it this time will be encouraged to attend our next get together.

Cars N Coffee is all about the car experience. Amazing to see the hundreds of diverse car owners getting together to see and be seen.

Thanks for everyone attending. My producer friend Robert, brought his HD cameras and had a great time shooting footage to create a demo vehicle to submit the the Discovery Channel for Crossfires Across America.

Here are some pics.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 AM

Lots of very cool cars and people. A few more pics.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Another event worth getting up early for and I was happy to see a decent number of Crossfires present along with one neat Prowler.

As Eric noted, there were cars galore and it would be quite time consuming to post pictures of everything so here is just an appetizer. I decided to go mostly go with 60s stuff just because they bring back fond memories of growing up.

The most numerous cars by far were Porches, but there still were lots of Corvettes, Mustangs, and very high end cars from Italy. There was even an Aston Martin opened up with the keys on the center console and no owner around, hmm....... We also had a Challenger SRT8 slowly cruise by us - I have no doubt the driver recognized our own SRT cars. This one and additional pics will be included in a follow up post.

I have to appologize for the less than sterling quality of the pics. The morning was cloudy and dark and my camera settings were not optimal. Especially because I had sunny white balanced selected instead of cloudy. Note to self, check white balance before taking pictures!

Attached Thumbnails Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-1.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-2.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-3.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-4.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-5.jpg  

Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-6.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-7.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-8.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-9.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-10.jpg  

Old 10-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Rupert the Producer/Photographer, or was that Rodger?, interviewed us about our cars. OC Xfire did a thorough walk around presenting her roadster. To be different I chose to sit in my car while being questioned, or maybe it was because I was camera shy. Z28toXfire had a better idea and just provided running commentary when discussing his Crossfire (the white one). Mike-in-Orange put forth a professional appearance. Looks like all that Meguiars representation paid off. Eganders was great with his gesticulations. In fact, I nominate him as our spokesperson for the California Chapter of the Crossfires across America.

Afterwards it was feeding time. The only thing that could spoil a good meal was a lousy picture of us eating said meal. Use flash in a dark room before our meal - good. Not using flash in a dark meal while eating - bad. Note to self, use the flash, dummy!

Oh, and the close up hood shot with the little white bit right in the center, that was a piece of fluff on Mike-in-Oranges' car. Now we have documented proof that his car is not always immaculate!

Attached Thumbnails Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-11.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-12.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-13.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-14.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-15.jpg  

Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-16.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-17.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-18.jpg   Cars n Coffee Redux-pic-19.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 05:11 PM

Good shots Brent. The secret to not having to get up early, is to work graveyard shift.

John P

Old 10-12-2009, 12:59 PM

Name:  NEW003.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  NEW060.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  65.0 KB

Name:  NEW061.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  49.6 KB

Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Name:  NEW008.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  NEW063.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  47.8 KB

Old 10-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, and the close up hood shot with the little white bit right in the center, that was a piece of fluff on Mike-in-Oranges' car. Now we have documented proof that his car is not always immaculate!
It was a bug!!! A simple, tiny, innocent bug!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
It was a bug!!! A simple, tiny, innocent bug!!!

Was that bit of insect fluff a Crossfire option? No!

Was that bit of insect fluff an aftermarket add on? Noooooo!

Was that bit of insect fluff mandated by the California DMV? NOOOOOOOO!

I stand by my statement - your car, sir, was not immaculate!

PS Forgot to add in my prior post that the photographer's name is really Robert. I was poking fun at Eganders because he still hasn't moved to Chula Vista or painted his car yet.

Quick Reply: Cars n Coffee Redux