West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Cars n Coffee Redux

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cars n Coffee Redux

It's about time to get together in Irvine at the "Cars n Coffee" event. Held every Saturday 7:00AM to 9:00AM (actually at little later) at the Mazda facilities. Last year I believe there were 7 of us there and had fun looking at all the cool rides and went to lunch afterwards. Probably one of the coolest groups of motor vehicles I have ever seen in one place. Everything from VWs to Ferraris and EVERYTHING in between.

We are goinig to have the people who are planning to produce the Discovery Channel special on Crossfires Across America on Oct 10th! Come on SoCal, let's show them what our cars mean to us and tell them what you think.

Let me know if you are coming. It will be great fun and you will get a chance to see some amazing vehicles.

Last edited by SRT SIX; 10-01-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cars n Coffee Redux

Someone needs to declare himself or herself Dictator of Events, and then state a date to meet. So lets have a power monger step up and claim the title.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 PM

Bump....Amazing how we SoCal owners just don't seem to care. I guess along with the great weather we suffer from ambivalence.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:40 PM

So true. This is why, I believe, LA can has the second largest TV media market in the country and yet not have an NFL team. Well, at least until the Chargers relocate there. And I'll be the first to post this: you LA folk will be sorry!

But it's ridiculously hot right now and I don't think we want to repeat the Idyllwild experience (on the way there I thought my thermometer topped out at 108 until it changed to 109). The economy is still shaky and I'm sure many are caught up in the vacation thing. But mostly we need a leader to step forward and organize another meet. Someone to scout out a route and a place to eat. A bold leader with the fortitude to state what we will do and when we will do it. Else we need to draft an organizer. I'll start by throwing out Egander's name, just because I can!

(I'm never going to forgive Eganders for having an Aero Blue SRT6 in San Diego - I want the only one in the city!)

Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 AM

The gauntlet has been tossed....if the rest can put down their lattes and commit, that would be great. LOL

Old 08-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm free on Sept 26th.

We can meet up across the street at the Spectrum first and roll in together so we all park together and then head out for a late breakfast after - maybe even run down to the beach from there.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:36 PM

Count me in!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's a video from the Dallas Cars 'n Coffee this past Saturday: YouTube - Cars and Coffee Dallas Aug 09

C&C just started here about 5 months ago. This was the largest attendance yet due to the very nice weather. We had 5 Crossfires there but got there too late to park together. They are supposed to expand the show area next month.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 08-31-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM

Great video. Same as the type cars we get here at the OC Cars N Coffee. The last time we had a get together for it, I believe there was seven or eight Crossfires and we all parked together. Totally C O O L !

Watch the video. I really liked the genius in the flame bedecked Cobra that nearly made body modifications via the wall. But my overall favorite car was the Jetta with the tape and cardboard front air dam and the plywood high rise spoiler in the back. LMAO

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Here's a video from the Dallas Cars 'n Coffee this past Saturday: YouTube - Cars and Coffee Dallas Aug 09

C&C just started here about 5 months ago. This was the largest attendance yet due to the very nice weather. We had 5 Crossfires there but got there too late to park together. They are supposed to expand the show area next month.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 PM

The 26th works for me.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brent
I'm never going to forgive Eganders for having an Aero Blue SRT6 in San Diego - I want the only one in the city!
Yeah. What's up with that?

I knew that SRT SIX already had a beautiful black Crossfire. Had to be something different. Then Brent shows up. Damn!

Though I will say that it is interesting that Chrysler choose to have only 4 colors for SRT's. In my mind's eye a lot of other choices would work quite well. But that's in a different thread, I'm sure.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire

Priceless! Run your Cobra into the curb at Cars 'n Coffee.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

I'm signing up for the 26th too, though I may have to bow out later. We're going on one of those quick cruises to celebrate my folks 60th anniversary the week before and there might be residual family scheduling interference.

Last edited by eganders; 09-01-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by eganders
Yeah. What's up with that?

I knew that SRT SIX already had a beautiful black Crossfire. Had to be something different. Then Brent shows up. Damn!

Though I will say that it is interesting that Chrysler choose to have only 4 colors for SRT's. In my mind's eye a lot of other choices would work quite well. But that's in a different thread, I'm sure.
There's only one way to settle this - one of us has to move to Chula Vista.

Why don't you have your parents drive one of your Crossfires to C&C while you and your wife drive the other?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Forum Regular

I'll help you pack!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by eganders
I'll help you pack!
See my "Urgent" thread.......

Old 09-10-2009, 12:11 PM

What time should we be there? I will try to work it out.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 PM

Mike,

you are from the area can you pick a good rendevouz point and time? This will actually be a VERY important event. The producers for the Crossfires Across America will be there and wanting to meet and see some of us crazies.

We will have an opportunity to discuss with them some of the special agendas needed to make this happen and most important they want to capture our special affection for the little beauties.

I really hope we get a decent turnout for this!!!!

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
I'm free on Sept 26th.

We can meet up across the street at the Spectrum first and roll in together so we all park together and then head out for a late breakfast after - maybe even run down to the beach from there.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:59 PM

So if you bring the silver beast, Eganders, you better have it washed and waxed! Hope there is a car wash in Chula Vista for you to use.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 AM

What time?

Quick Reply: Cars n Coffee Redux