West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Calling all Los Angeles County Crossfires

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Calling all Los Angeles County Crossfires

Does anyone have any ideas for our next get together or cruise? The sooner we arrange this the sooner everyone can start making plans to be there. I wish I knew ahead of time that there was going to be a cruise so i can have planed ahead and attended !!! Just a thought, but it would be greatly appreciated if we can do it on a Sunday because i work on Saturdays Graveyard and i want to dedicate all available time to being able to cruise or hanging out. Thanks everyone !!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Forum Regular

An easy fun event would be to attend Supercar Sunday, and do a classic PCH cruise down to Huntington for lunch off the pier.

Hope this help!

Great seeing you all, and thank you Nelson for cruising down to the show with me.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Forum Regular

Isn't Magnaflow, Los Angeles office just about ready to release their new SRT-6 specific Muffler system?

Contact Magnaflow and ask if we can get a tour of their facility - I am just about ready to buy their Muffler just as soon as I hear it in life and like it!

great opportunity to hear the new magnaflow muffler for SRT-6, maybe get a group discount on purchasing it, AND we tour Magnaflow!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:36 AM

Supercar Sunday sounds like alot of fun!!! If anyone knows the date and time and what the cost is, please post it and see if we can get the same people to show and hopefully more!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for PCH drive.

Ruby's on the pier has good food

Old 07-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Forum Regular

Supercar Sunday is open to all enthusiasts to check out some sweet cars, free of charge, let's do that, cruise down PCH and eat at Rubios Pier for lunch

Old 07-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Well we got a place to eat and a cruise going on, all we need now is to set a date so everyone can make plans to be there !!!! Is this an every Sunday event or a once or twice a month thing? Either way, I am definitely in !!!! Is there a web site that we can go on to get more information ?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Forum Regular

It's every Sunday, Let's schedule this for a Sunday that isn't filled with holidays/festivities - How's five Sunday's from now looking?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by AlbertFattal
It's every Sunday, Let's schedule this for a Sunday that isn't filled with holidays/festivities - How's five Sunday's from now looking?
Sounds good for me + 2

Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 PM

OK, August 14th will be our Supercar Sunday event along with a cruise down PCH and finish with some Rubio's at the pier !!! Supercar Sunday is located at: Westfield Promenade Mall, 6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd. Woodland Hills, CA 91367. REMEMBER, the 405 is going to be closed so we will have to take the 5 to the 101. We need to arrange a meeting place so we can all convoy over there. Hey Albert, would you like to take lead on the convoy to Supercar Sunday and down PCH to Rubio's ? I am unfamiliar with the area and everyone seemed to be happy fallowing you up to the mountains. Also, do we need to call and reserve any spots , I think it would be a good idea. Does anyone have any ideas of a group name ? Southern California Crossfires ( SCC) sounds cool but I would definitely like to hear other suggestions !!!! Just a thought....
These are the rules for Supercar Sunday !!!!!!!

Last edited by CROSS_PHIRE; 07-15-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

Let's shoot for a tech session soon. Does anybody own a shop or has experience in the automotive technical field that wouldnt mind hosting in their garage? Maybe a few people can put thier knowledge and experience on teaching other owners on how to do some of the most popular Crossfire repairs/maintenance:

- change your oil
- proper wheel inflation
- cabin air filter replacement
- Intercooler Pump replacement
- Headlight Restoration from Haze/Yellowness
- Fluid Changes
- Etc.
- Body and interior care care (detailing, waxing, leather restoration, swede restoration)

Last edited by AlbertFattal; 07-15-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Forum Regular

I gotta Question for those who went on the Glendora Mountain Road Run - I forget who's SRT it was - but they had a SCREAMING loud Supercharger... How did you achieve this scream? I never noticed my SC scream THAT loud! Do you have the pulley upgrade?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:09 PM

Loud supercharger - I'd say it was either my car or Nelson's.

I have the NeedsWings CAI and a larger crank pulley.

The supercharger was pretty muffled until the CAI was installed, after that the whine could be heard reverberating through the intake. Damn near orgasmic. I'm curious though - how did you ever hear anybody's supercharger over the roar of a certain exhaust system?

I'm up for a PCH cruise on the 14th. The up and coming meet should be put in a separate thread so it gets noticed though. Right now it is getting buried.

For a technical session we can attend a Meguirers exterior car care clinic the company holds on Saturdays from 8 to 12 in Irvine. If enough enthusiasts promise to show up, the company will reserve a day for us. And as an added bonus, the clinic is presented by none other than our very own Mike In Orange. In another thread I believe he stated that we may be able to get a day sometime in Sep. Last time I attended three some years ago we had pizza for lunch and it was the best I've ever had. By the way, Mike In Orange isn't really orange in color. I know, I was disappointed too the first time I saw him in person.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brent

The supercharger was pretty muffled until the CAI was installed, after that the whine could be heard reverberating through the intake. Damn near orgasmic. I'm curious though - how did you ever hear anybody's supercharger over the roar of a certain exhaust system?

I'm up for a PCH cruise on the 14th. The up and coming meet should be put in a separate thread so it gets noticed though. Right now it is getting buried.

For a technical session we can attend a Meguirers exterior car care clinic the company holds on Saturdays from 8 to 12 in Irvine. If enough enthusiasts promise to show up, the company will reserve a day for us. And as an added bonus, the clinic is presented by none other than our very own Mike In Orange. In another thread I believe he stated that we may be able to get a day sometime in Sep. Last time I attended three some years ago we had pizza for lunch and it was the best I've ever had. By the way, Mike In Orange isn't really orange in color. I know, I was disappointed too the first time I saw him in person.
I will eventually get around to getting a CAI.. and a pully upgrade - but first, cutting the springs.

Good idea on the new thread, I'm goig to start a check in, I'll add you

Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Forum Regular

Your supercharger is pretty loud, Brent!

My friend in the passenger seat kept wondering where it was coming from, and ultimately decided it was coming from your car.

Also, if that "certain exhaust system" was me... I think it was just louder because you were behind me.

-Eric

Old 07-27-2011, 10:13 PM
THREE 6S

What size pulley you running Brent?

I heard SVO whine when he flew by me on the 57 lol!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 PM
THREE 6S

Originally Posted by Erichenderson02

My friend in the passenger seat kept wondering where it was coming from, and ultimately decided it was coming from your car.

Also, if that "certain exhaust system" was me... I think it was just louder because you were behind me.

-Eric
Nope, I heard your exhaust and I was in front of you!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT6 Gang Member
Nope, I heard your exhaust and I was in front of you!
Fair enough.

I just rode in my friend's 240SX and let another friend drive my XF.... I love it.

Wish I was outside to hear it more often! haha

Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6 Gang Member
What size pulley you running Brent?
The 178mm one. It was the only pulley size available at the time I got it. Had the 181 been on the market I may have gone with that size though I don't think there is that big of a performance difference between the 178, 181 and 185.

Originally Posted by Erichenderson02
Don't believe I've ever heard my supercharger from outside the car so I don't know how loud it gets. By the way, people behind you heard your exhaust, people in front of you heard your exhaust, people in neighboring counties heard your exhaust....

Last edited by Brent; 07-27-2011 at 11:06 PM.