West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Calling all Los Angeles County Crossfires

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Los Angeles County Crossfires

I am still looking for a get to gather some where in Los Angeles County. Either a BBQ at a park or a lunch at a diner. I have a stock 2004 Alabaster Crossfire with the only mod being the Awesome sounding FLOWMASTER muffler and a sub in the hatch. I would really like to do something soon !!!!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Calling all Los Angeles County Crossfires

Crossfire meet sounds fun.

My Crossfire has similar mods. Megan Racing muffler+subs/rear speakers in the back.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Yeah, hopefully we can get some people together !!! Your Crossfire looks good, used all that trunk space huh !!! I have 1 ported 12" sub with my amp but the rest is stock. One of my rear speakers blew out recently and looking at upgrading them. Do you get any trunk rattling ? mine has a vibration noise from my exhaust and Music ! Just cant pin point it.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CROSS_PHIRE
Yeah, hopefully we can get some people together !!! Your Crossfire looks good, used all that trunk space huh !!! I have 1 ported 12" sub with my amp but the rest is stock. One of my rear speakers blew out recently and looking at upgrading them. Do you get any trunk rattling ? mine has a vibration noise from my exhaust and Music ! Just cant pin point it.
Yeah my trunk is FULL. haha. I have two 10's in a sealed box. Base model so no stock rear speakers, had to add some. I do get rattling in the trunk but I can control it with my head unit. My stereo has a sub control as well as low, high, and mid. I use the custom equalizer function and set it at -5 low, +3 mid, +1 high, and sub is at 0 (each setting will go -10/+10). When the low is at -5 I still get plenty of bass but the rattling is severely reduced. I notice it rattles a lot more with my spoiler up, so if my music is loud, the spoiler is down. My exhaust causes something in (I think my tail lights) to rattle. I had forgot to put the tail light access panel back on and noticed the rattle was a lot louder than when I put it back on. I feel that it's nothing a little dynamat wouldn't fix. But I don't really have the time, money, or patience for that right now.

P.S. I bet that 12" sounds great! I wish I had a ported box.

Regards,
Eric

Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 PM

Personally I can't do the next two weekends but the 25-26 of June looks good.

In July the 9-10, 16-17 and 30-31 weekends look like a better bet than the others - 4th of July plans may impact the 2-3 weekend and CAA is scheduled over 23-24.

Cross_Phire, if you like, take control of this. One of the biggest challenges we face in So Cal is having someone step up and take rein in organizing a meet. It gets to the point that the only way we have one is when a volunteer declares where, what and when the next meet will be. You have a pretty good handle on what is involved so I'd like to suggest that you polish the meet up with a date and place to eat.

Suggest an activity, date, and where to meet and then stick to the basics. There is always going to be someone who won't be able to attend and a meet will never be held if the date is constantly changed. By the same token the date should be a good three weeks or so away to give owners time to plan for it. In the meantime owners can offer ideas on what to do but have something planned as a basis - again, C&C is a good activity. I wouldn't be too concerned about the where other than it be a convenient place to meet up at. With C&C it would be nice for all the owners to gather outside and caravan in to C&C, for example. As for LA folk driving vs SD folk driving, we've pretty much have alternated between the two cities and right now it's LAs turn to host.

I'm kind of goading you into organizing this but that's because you've down much of the groundwork already. With a little more effort a meet will be ready to go. Don't worry about hosting the perfect event - this is simply a gathering of owners and friends and that's all we really need.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Forum Regular

I am from Glendora 210/57 n of 60

Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 PM

Lets at least meet up for lunch somewhere ! July 9th is a Sat. and gives everyone time to plan ahead. Bob's Big Boy in Walnut at 1pm is when and where I'll be !!! If your interested in joining me, the address is 21090 Golden Springs Drive ,Walnut, CA 91789 1-909-594-8108. It is right off the 60 Fwy and Brea Canyon Rd. (60&57)

Last edited by CROSS_PHIRE; 06-10-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:41 PM

I'll be there.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Forum Regular

I will be there - anybody want to convoy, I am in the Glendora area?

Old 06-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang it.... I'm teaching a class that day.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Dang it.... I'm teaching a class that day.
what kind of class - are you Mike Phillips @ Meguiars??

Old 06-12-2011, 03:48 PM
THREE 6S
Cool Re: Calling all Los Angeles County Crossfires

Lets at least meet up for lunch somewhere ! July 9th is a Sat. and gives everyone time to plan ahead. Bob's Big Boy in Walnut at 1pm is when and where I'll be !!! If your interested in joining me, the address is 21090 Golden Springs Drive ,Walnut, CA 91789 1-909-594-8108. It is right off the 60 Fwy and Brea Canyon Rd. (60&57)
I'm in.

Originally Posted by AlbertFattal
I will be there - anybody want to convoy, I am in the Glendora area?
Yeah, I'll meet you for the convoy.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertFattal
what kind of class - are you Mike Phillips @ Meguiars??
Phillips left Meguiar's a couple of years ago and is now with Autogeek in Florida. I took over his duties both running our forum and teaching classes, among a bunch of other things (media liaison, demos at Barrett-Jackson events, etc). You'll see me all over our forum as Michael Stoops (no relation to the football coaching brothers).

Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Phillips left Meguiar's a couple of years ago and is now with Autogeek in Florida. I took over his duties both running our forum and teaching classes, among a bunch of other things (media liaison, demos at Barrett-Jackson events, etc). You'll see me all over our forum as Michael Stoops (no relation to the football coaching brothers).
Excellent, I am looking forward to getting a SoCal Crossfire @ Meguiars class shortly! I bet your booked for weeks with other auto clubs!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Awesome , I am looking forward to seeing all of you there !!! By the way , my name is Joe.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Forum Regular

Awesome , I am looking forward to seeing all of you there !!! By the way , my name is Joe.
Looking forward to it Joe thanks for doing this

Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Add me to the list. I'm about 30 mins. south on the 605 fwy, sounds like good fun.... Thanks Joe

Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Forum Regular

I'm tentatively there!

If you guys don't mind a kid hanging out with ya

-Eric

Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 PM

There's no age limit Eric , just love for the Crossfire !!!! Thanks to everyone who's responding to my post ! I keep reading the other post about other Crossfire meetings and was getting a little jealous . I don't really know much about my car or the options there is to personalize it or get better performance and i figured what better way than to speak with others with the same passion as me. I am excited to see everyone's car especially the SRT6 !!!! This is just awesome !! Thanks again and looking forward to seeing everyone !!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Forum Regular

ANybody going to Supercar Sunday tomorrow Sunday 2011-06-26?

I am leaving at 7:33am from the Glendora area if anybody want's to convoy - text me if you want PM me for number

Last edited by AlbertFattal; 06-26-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all Los Angeles County Crossfires