recommend shop and mecanic
33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

crossfire convertible top

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossfire convertible top

The good, so I finally was able to get my top repaired for the rear glass detaching from the canvas. Which is not a cheap repair but after doing some research it paid off. I do think it was a issue Chrysler should have done a national recall on but that is a moot point. I also have found a tool that you can manually put the top down and up if need be.

The bad, so the reason I had to buy the tool was the top will not go down, when I turn the release the windows drop like they should but the top will not pop up and the cover will not open. So I can do this manually and release the pressure on the hydraulic system as instructed for manual opening, and once I get the top down the lid will lock electronically and all is good. The next good thing is when I go to put the top up if functions perfectly.

I have read a whole bunch of possible scenarios on reasons this could be, I am hoping since the top functions when closing it is not a major issue, I live in gilroy California and I am looking for someone that can diagnose and possibly repair this issue. Unfortunately any time I mention the word crossfire repair shops want to take me to the cleaners. Does anyone have any good suggestions for this issue or does anyone live in a area close to me, that can recommend a mechanic that will give me a fair price?

thank you Robert

Old 03-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Default Re: crossfire convertible top

Robert,

Thank you for sharing.
Are your convertible tensioner straps in tack?
I need a set of these but Chrysler/Mercedes wanted $900/strap x 2 plus $1,000 labor!

And yes, my convertible glass just fell out too.
My insurance broker was aware of this and thus told me she added "glass replacement" to my policy that has a $50 deduductible
AND WHEN I WENT TO HAVE IT REPAIRED --- ALL AUTO GLASS REPAIR SHOPS DENIED THE CLAIM SAYING I HAD TO GO TO AN UPHOLSTERY SHOP : (

What did you do to get yours fixed?

Suzzanne

Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 AM

Had to take it to ulpostery shop to have topf removed and they gave me some plastic parts to send to the company I fount to send me new top and glass for around 800.00, also got two new support straps for 65.00, the ulpostery shop charged me 700.00 in labor, every other shop I went too wanted 3500.00 to send it the three company for 2200.00 and they wanted 1300.00 labor to put it on, and get this its not even a 3 hour job to do the r and r, but at least I paid half of what the others tried

Old 03-08-2020, 08:57 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

And I've done 4 of them for no charge, although all did donate something.