West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

looking for place to fix wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking for place to fix wheel alignment

I managed to knock my wheel's alignment out of place by hitting a giant protruding manhole while of course trying to avoid a giant pothole. Darn sh*tty streets of LA.

I went to my local Firestone and they turned me away due to the crossfires not being in their system. I searched this forum and saw recommendations to take to a specialty alignment shop.

So does anyone know of a place where i can trust to get my alignment fixed the first time? LOL

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: looking for place to fix wheel alignment

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
I managed to knock my wheel's alignment out of place by hitting a giant protruding manhole while of course trying to avoid a giant pothole. Darn sh*tty streets of LA.

I went to my local Firestone and they turned me away due to the crossfires not being in their system. I searched this forum and saw recommendations to take to a specialty alignment shop.

So does anyone know of a place where i can trust to get my alignment fixed the first time? LOL

Thanks.
Try you local dealership, they are not all bad.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: looking for place to fix wheel alignment

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Try you local dealership, they are not all bad.
Perhaps, you should see my posts regarding my experience with my local dealer and you'll understand why im hesitant on going to a dealer. True, this is only one instance but i'd rather not push my luck with them. Also since, an alignment is not covered by warranty, i'd rather pay the same money to someone who can do it right the first time.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=8956

And I'm still hoping someone can recommend a place to get mine fixed.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire

Thanks.
Take your car to Ron's Tire & Wheel in the Valley on Sherman Way. Ask for Vartan, he does all my racing alignment for my Crossfire. Camber, Caster, Toe...

Also have them check the "round" of your wheels... More than likely you bent the wheel... I destroyed the OEM wheels in the first year. They look great, but after too many "off road excursions" on the track, they were terrible...

Remember, wheels are subject to more abuse from the road than your suspension, especially with these low profile tires...

Last edited by HDDP; 01-21-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
Take your car to Ron's Tire & Wheel in the Valley on Sherman Way. Ask for Vartan, he does all my racing alignment for my Crossfire. Camber, Caster, Toe...

Also have them check the "round" of your wheels... More than likely you bent the wheel... I destroyed the OEM wheels in the first year. They look great, but after too many "off road excursions" on the track, they were terrible...

Remember, wheels are subject to more abuse from the road than your suspension, especially with these low profile tires...
Okay, thanks. So I should just wait till Buttonwillows on the Feb 4th to get the alignment done then, right?