Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Problems with Brakeworld.com

Old 09-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Problems with Brakeworld.com

Has anyone else had any ordering nightmares with Brakeworld.com? I ordered the rotex gold brake pads 3 weeks ago online from them (after hearing the recommendations from them here on this website). Well, it is now 3 weeks later and my order is still "processing". I understand that this might be because the pads are on backorder (just a guess), but since then I have experienced bad customer service. I have sent two emails asking if there was anything wrong with my order (i.e., item on backorder, typos with my address, etc.), but I have had no response. I have even called their 1-800 number, just to be disappointed and put on hold. I don't mind waiting for items I order on the internet, however nothing irks me more than poor communication from a vendor that leaves their customers wondering about their order status.

Has anyone had any problems with them? I would like to cancel my order with them and purchase them from another site, but of course there is no way to do this without being put on hold for an hour or two. Does anyone know of another quality site that sells these pads?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Old 09-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Default Re: Problems with Brakeworld.com

You are absolutely justified to be upset. These companies need to deal more professionally with their customers.

Having said that, however, I had no problems at all with Brakeworld.com. My pads were delivered just over a week or so after I ordered them. The packaging wasn't great, but that didn't really matter much for brake pads.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Red face Re: Problems with Brakeworld.com

i had great experiences on 2 separate occasions.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:02 PM

My brake pads were on backorder from Brakeworld as well, but someone called me to let me know. They are located in North Carolina I believe, so the recent tropical storm activity may have something to do with it. I'd call again monday.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Forum Regular

My front pads were on backorder when I placed my order. Someone called and offered to ship Rotex Silver, cancel my order, or ship my order in three weeks automatically when the were received. I elected to wait for the Rotex Gold after being advised that Rotex Silver was similar to stock.

On the other hand, I had placed my first order with *** Import. They never bothered to ask, merely cancelled my order and sent a message "Out of Stock".

I was very pleased with the performance of Brakeworld, They also sent an email notice when my order shipped and provided Tracking information. They also mentioned they looked forward to repeat business...but what retailer wouldn't?!?

Now...I will mention that they charged my card immediately after I told them I'd wait for the backorder to come in. Most retailers I've dealt with wait until time of shipping to charge the card. No biggie, but a surprise. That said, I often have to make a deposit or payment in advance when ordering parts.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I got mine almost a year ago but I had good luck with them.
I remember having trouble with their web site so I called them.
They we helpful and got the parts in a reasonable amount of time.
Good luck.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine over a week ago and have not seen them. They told me they would arrive in 5 days. I guess after reading your post I should try and contact them. They told me when I ordered them they were in stock. I'll keep you posted when I get a hold of them.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:14 AM

I have always had a good experience with brakeworld. I have ordered several times from them. Once they were out of stock on the pads i ordered as well, but called me to inform me they would have a short delay. Best thing to do is give them a call they seem to be straight shooters.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM

I called and talked to John at brakeworld - crossfire pads are going to be out of stock for 2-3 weeks. He says they have a hard time keeping them in stock!

Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 PM

I purchased my pads and rotors though Brakeworld and they were very helpful. At the time, which was over a year ago, they were out-of-stock on rear rotors, but called promptly in two weeks to let me know that they had come in on the anticipated date and had been shipped. The service person I talked to (John?) remember my order and location and as noted, mentioned that sometimes they had difficulty with communications during storm season.

'04 Coupe Graphite / Vin # 1071
Rotex pads/Brembo rotors
Sony CDX-F7005X Disc Player
Special “hole in console/no cupholder feature”

Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lumpacy
Has anyone else had any ordering nightmares with Brakeworld.com? ...Has anyone had any problems with them? I would like to cancel my order with them and purchase them from another site, but of course there is no way to do this without being put on hold for an hour or two. Does anyone know of another quality site that sells these pads?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
I ordered my brake pads from them over a year ago and I have to agree with you that their customer service ranks way up there in the sucks department. Two phone calls to check on the order resulted in me being put on hold for John for 45 minutes the first time and 30 minutes the second time. Both times I ended up hanging up and never speaking to John or anyone else for that matter. I did eventually get the brake pads but John and his staff could use some major customer service training.

But it is worth the wait...you won't be disappointed with the brake pads.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:02 AM

I got a call from John at brakeworld, my back-ordered rotex gold brake pads are being shipped today. If anyone had them on order they should be shipped today.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Smile Re: Problems with Brakeworld.com

Well, I finally got my brake pads this past week. I got a call earlier in the week asking me if I still wanted my brake pads. It turns out that they were indeed on backorder -- I just was never previously informed.

Even with the delay, I still wanted the pads, so they were shipped and I received them the other day.

The reason I am reposting, is because even though I never directly complained to anyone at brakeworld.com (I have a problem complaining to people face-to-face or over the phone). To my surprise, I had an apology note in my package, along with a free set of rear pads for my car. (Maybe someone there is reading this forum)?

So, while the customer service was not up-to-par originally, it turns out they fixed their mistake and made it right -- very refreshing!

Old 10-01-2006, 12:33 PM

That sure takes the cake, I called "John" at brake world twice. The first time to see what the delay was in shipping my brakes. He then told me they were on backorder. During this time my wife informs me that brakeworld has already charged us for the brake pads even though they are on backorder. The brake pads finally arrive and to my surprise the front pads are in no box shrink wrapped with no type of I.D. on the pads. I call John again and he tells me that sometimes if pads are backordered they don't have time to put them in boxes. I just find this very strange I call with my dissatisfaction twice and get nothing and you get free rear pads!! Buy the way I bought front and rears. Did your front pads come in a box?

Old 10-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
... Did your front pads come in a box?
My pads, front and rears, came boxed, but I was quite surprised at the packaging. These things must not be packaged for retail sale because they came in a plain cardboard box with a single bar coded label on the side indicating the Rotex pad number. I don't know why I expected fancy packaging...I guess I'm a brainwashed consumer and tend to judge product quality by its packaging. You know the old maxim about books and covers.

Well...the Rotex Golds have far exceeded my expectations. I was assured that there would be a significant reduction in brake dust on my rims...but I still expected some. Nope...no discernible brake dust many weeks after Andrew installed them. Perhaps that is also due to the wax he used on my wheels.

Andrew...you know your stuff. Thanks again!

Old 10-01-2006, 08:18 PM

Are there any other vendors?

Old 10-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by aptiva
Are there any other vendors?
epc greens... but i'm not a fan of these. http://replacement.autopartswarehous...%20Set&dp=true at $56.70 (fronts).

hawk hps... i would recommend these dust free pads as an alternative to rotex golds. thetirerack.com at $65.00 (fronts).

Old 10-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn you Mr. Clean, damn you to h*ll.

I am now officially obsessed with wheel cleanliness! I dragged my son out today to help me clean them! My wife just closes the doors and won't speak with me until I'm done. I guess there's no avoiding the rotex gold fix!

PS. I'm shaving my head next week.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Administrator
Talking Re: Problems with Brakeworld.com

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Damn you Mr. Clean, damn you to h*ll.

I am now officially obsessed with wheel cleanliness! I dragged my son out today to help me clean them! My wife just closes the doors and won't speak with me until I'm done. I guess there's no avoiding the rotex gold fix!

PS. I'm shaving my head next week.
just have your wife call me... i'll try to help her understand the obsession. i can provide free counseling.

after 8 years... my wife actually drives around water puddles... god love her.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Forum Regular
Cool Re: Problems with Brakeworld.com

Originally Posted by andrew
after 8 years... my wife actually drives around water puddles... god love her.
You the MAN !
I'm starting to think I should shave my head too.
LOL.

Quick Reply: Problems with Brakeworld.com