Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

KW Coilover Variant 2

Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: KW Coilover Variant 2

Originally Posted by x'ed
that's not available for our car though is it? my buddy has that kit on the 300z twin turbo we are building right now, i'm trying to get him to bring it up for the june 9th event. should be a fun ride, and sadly the last day i will get to track my crossfire (lease ends).
i haven't checked if the EDFC is available for the xfire, probably not. was more referring to getting those for whatever car i get next.

how does your friend like the Teins? so you figured out what car you're getting next?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 PM

the motor is actually out of the car right now, he bought the car with a blown motor, had to order a new one and we just replaced the oil pain. the flywheel had to be switched out because the new motor he ordered ended up being an automatic, which sucked. it should be on the road in two weeks or so, our super mechanic buddy is moving in with us next monday.

as for the car, god i wish i knew. i'm caught up between the sti, evo, gto, and legacy gt. i love the gto but its sooo heavy, great power and really nice interior though, i just don't know how much fun it would be on the track and that's become a big factor for me, i had so much fun that day. i have heard a bunch of horrible stories about evo warranties over at evolutionm.net, so i have become vary wary of buying that car. there is a dealership selling them new for $27,500 out the door in orange county, hard to pass up. the sti is creeping in the mix, the interior is much nicer than the evo but its just so damn ugly. legacy gt is just me being more practical, but it still has the sti motor (just a smaller turbo). i don't know, i'll probably make my mind up the day off.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 AM

what are you thinking of getting next, and when? if i had the money i would be in a 335i in a heartbeat.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Forum Regular

what are you thinking of getting next, and when? if i had the money i would be in a 335i in a heartbeat.
My fiancés next car will more than likely be the 335i. We took one out last weekend. I didn't feel that is accelerated as quickly as the SRT-6 but their claimed 0-60 times are very close. The auto 6 speed with the paddle shifters is a nice piece. Gear engagement is quick and precise. We wanted to drive a manual gearbox but no one in San Diego had one. Brecht BMW in Poway was supposed to have ordered several manuals since they were getting a lot of inquires.

The biggest advantage are those turbos!!! Vishnu tuning has a chip for $1,300 that makes an additional 55-60 whp and 70-80 ft lbs or torque! Here is a quote from the 335i forum.
Originally Posted by 335i_Forum
Power - Adding Options:
Vishnu User - Tunable Engine Control Computer
The Vishnu Tuning Computer not only provides you the ability to custom tune your own car, it also allows to you to toggle between two calibration files. This means that you can upload a standard driving file as well as valet file. Or a drag race file and a road race file. Or a pump gas file and a high octane race gas file. When running 100+ octane race gas, activating the race gas file rewards you with an additional 20-30 wheel horsepower by a simple flip of a switch. The Vishnu Tuning Computer also offers additional output drivers for secondary injector control, intercooler water spray, methanol injection, etc,. Other special features include user-definable launch control parameters, MAF scaling options, valet modes and so on.
Price: $1,300.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Forum Regular

won't be buying one till next year, i kinda like having no car payments right now.

not really sure what i want to get right now... from another suv to a track car... all i know the next one i'll get will have more power than the srt6 and somewhat unique. i'll just base it on my budget (incl. mods) and go from there...

Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really want to improve the handling of my car, but I want to do it right. Is it worth it to go with this system over the eibach spring/tein shock combo?

Thanks!