Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Tire Ripped

Old 07-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire Ripped

Last night was the worst night of my babies life (Crossfire SRT-6)!!!

I was headed home from NJ, and was driving home on a little Upstate two lane road. Route 32 to be exact. Driving the speed limit, when out of no where, a road work type ditch was a directly in my path. The car slammed down, I felt nauseous while driving over this in horror.

My TPMS light came on immediately and I pulled over. The front drivers side tire was ripped. I had to watch my car get put on a flatbed, in horror as well. It will hopefully will get fixed by tomorrow, i was also having the steering wheel pulling to the right, so this will speed that fix up. So there is a bright side, it's at a reputable tire service center. Maybe this was my car telling my to fix my alignment.

Have any of you had any luck with receiving money from a town when the road was at fault??
Any suggestions to have them look at anything else??
I still feel bad that I did this to my car, hopefully my baby will forgive me.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Tire Ripped

Doesn't look positive for getting money. I went back and checked and they are definitely doing road work, half the road is tore up. But for such a small amount of money I'm wondering if the hassle is worth it.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be a stupid question but did you have to remove the front access plate before they put your car on the flatbed?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Forum Regular

This happened to me awhile back. Going ??mph, dont really know how fast, hit a pothole and both of the passenger side tires blew on the side walls of the tire. Luckly I had warranty(Easy Care Driver Care) to cover the tires. I had it towed to the dealer and they said I didn't have warranty to cover it. I showed them the paper work and they claimed that info was not in their computer when I purchased the car from them. Got them replaced free. Now what to do about the driver side tires....
You should check if have warranty for the tires, looks something like the pic attached.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tire.jpg (376.3 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

I had Chrysler's tire and wheel protection on my limited. I never pursued this with my SRT, I'll be rethinking that now.

I got my car back and had the tire shop do a "real" alignment. The morons at Chrysler told me everything was okay, they adjusterd all 4 tires and it drives better than ever now.

So maybe this was a blessing in disguise, a very cruel disguise though.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tom1957BigT
This may be a stupid question but did you have to remove the front access plate before they put your car on the flatbed?

They put it on the flatbed from the rear with no problems. The front was damn close to scraping, I was cringing the whole time.