Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Nitto Invos - New Rubber!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nitto Invos - New Rubber!

All,
I ordered a set of Nitto Invos on Saturday night and they arrived today!
Talk about fast shipping. I will post up some pics a bit later, but they do look sweet.

F: 235/40/18 weight - unmounted - 24.5lbs each
R: 275/35/19 weight - unmounted - 27.5lbs each

I plan to get them mounted on Monday and will report back my initial impressions. For what it is worth, I did a ton of research on them including reading the negitive report here by SRTSIX (I think). It seemed in my research that about 5 people loved the Nittos for every 1 person that hated them. The only tire everyone seemed to like was the PSC except for its cost. Also, according to C&D the Nittos did not perform as well as the Hankook, but I could find very few reviews of the Hankook. Most people had just purchased them b/c they read the article plus they have a $50 rebate going right now.

The Hankooks reminded me too much of a set of Yokahamas I had on my Acura CL. I hated those tires.

I will let everyone know how the Nitto Invos stack up against the PS2. I should note that most of the roads in my area are wide and flat so....we will see. I am hoping that I got a good comparable tire for what I am doing at about $400-$500 cheaper. Plus I figure if i start autoX the car i will get specific rims and tires just for that. No sense in trying to pull double duty.

Later,
KrzyFast

Last edited by KrzyFast; 08-12-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nitto Invos - New Rubber!

I use Nitto NT555's for road and strip, and other than a complete lack of grip off the line they aren't bad tires. First gear is near useless for me on the street, and at the track i can launch at 1300 rpms on a well prepped track if im lucky. Let me know how the invo's stack up once you scuff them up a little, all tires are a bit slippery at first.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:36 PM

The Nitto Invos have an awesome crazy tread pattern! I wanted that tread pattern for the longest time but I need an all-season tire, :P

Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nox1s
The Nitto Invos have an awesome crazy tread pattern! I wanted that tread pattern for the longest time but I need an all-season tire, :P
I thought the reviews were good, but the tread was what sold me! I've got over 3000 miles on them and still think they are great. Smoother ride, quieter, stick like glue and they look awesome!

Old 08-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your choice. I do have a couple negatives on the Invos. One, don't run them at the recommended 36PSI all around. At this pressure there will be a lot of tire flex and feel like cornering on "rubber bands". Running the pressure up to 39 or 40 and the tires still ride fairly smooth and grip like crazy without the flexing. Two, they do seem to wear a little faster than some of the others.

Now for the good side, they are absolutely the quietest tires I have ever owned!!!! There is little to no road noise (read about this on the Nitto site. They claim this is the reason for the unusual tread design.) They grip like a hungry tiger on a rare T-bone steak. I can barely chirp them on full throttle off the line unless the pavement is wet or oily. And last but not least is the non-traditional tread pattern. I often ask if they are street slicks.

So good choice KrzyFast, great tire.

BTW I went to a 285X30X19 on the back. Very WIDE and the overall circumference is nearly identical to the stock size, so my speedo is very accurate even though it is a much larger tire.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 AM

Well after many months of procrastination I decided on the Nitto Invo's also. I ordered them through my local Tires Plus store and they arrived yesterday. It seems tire prices can be negotiated, my first quote was around $1140 and ended up with a final quote of $860 out the door with a road hazard warranty.
225/40/18,
275/35/19,
These will be replacing the (Barney Rubble) Continental contact sport all season with 27000 on them.
Bill,

Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Forum Regular

SRT SIX,

Thanks for the info on the tire pressures. I will give it a try. I will also keep in mind the 285/30 for next time. I was a bit bumed by the speedo being off by 1.3mph, but like the look of the wider tire, and the potential better ride from the 35 series...we will see how they do. I did read your article when trying to decide on a new tire. It made me a bit aprehensive, but I still wanted to give them a shot.

I do love the tread pattern - they look absolutely awesome! I can't wait to get them mounted up. Right now my PS2's look like racing slicks in the back and with all the rain we have been having I can't wait to get some tires on the car that have real rain grooves! Having the rear end dance around like a Hula girl is no fun.

Oh yea, how long did yours smell funky after you mounted and drove on them?

Later,
KrzyFast

Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Krzyfast,

I have not noticed any extra harshness from switching to the 30s in the rear. The sidewall is essentially the same size as the originals because of the extra width (the ratio allows more height)

I didn't notice any funky smell, did you check to see if they are rubbing somewhere?

I still can't beleive how quiet these tires run!

Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have these tire too and I think they just might be the best tires I have ever had.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I replaced PS2's with the Nitto INVO's a little over a year ago. They are a very good tire but it would be nice to get more mileage from them. I am just now hitting the wear bars after 10,000 miles.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:40 PM

don't want to cut into the Nitto Invos thread but has anybody checked out the Vredestein Sessanta tires looks like this will be my next set of tires got a price of 767.70 to my house check them out

Old 08-15-2009, 08:10 PM

I have the INVOS on my car,LOVE THEM Stick like glue, had them on for a year and 4,500 miles and they look like new,did i say that I LOVE THEM?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 PM

i have checked out the Invos to but i think the Vredestein is a better tire

Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Forum Regular

I've had the Invo's, and I loved them. If the sidewalls were a bit firmer when you push it in the turns they'd be perfect. I ran through mine in 13k miles, but I did push them pretty hard; no burnouts, though.
I;m not nearly as pleased with the Sumitomo HTR-Z3's that I have now.
I will probably go with the Vredenstein's next.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Not to high jack Krzy's post but can you say WOW!
Had them mounted up today, less than twenty miles on them but
what an unbelievably better ride and so so much quieter.
Bill,

Last edited by billangiep; 08-16-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:44 PM

I got the Invos about a month ago and i love them! they slipped a little at first but am very pleased and unless someone convinces me there is a better tire i will buy these again the time comes.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Forum Regular

Both of these sites are worth checking out:

Nitto Tire - High Performance Tires for Car and Truck Enthusiasts

Vredestein

Old 08-16-2009, 06:59 PM

Jeff, Awhile back I was driving about 45 mph next to a Mustang and it sounded like a 4x4 .When we pulled up to the red light looking at his tires the tread pattern seamed to be that of the Vredenstein's.
With the Invo's you can a least rotate from one side to another, I don't think that is possible with the Vredenstein's. But they certainly have a unique tread design.
Bill,

Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular

I've got to admit that for a daily driver it would be hard to beat the Invo's.
A friend of mine is, however, offering me a set of Vred's for $690 through his garage.
His supplier does not carry Nitto's.
Still, I regret the money I saved getting the Sumitomo's; $720 mounted.
Maybe I can test drive some Vred's this fall at the Tail of the Dragon GTG.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 PM

orderd my vredestein on ebay tonight 255/35/19 423.00 delivered looking for 225/40/18

Quick Reply: Nitto Invos - New Rubber!