Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

TPMS sensors

Old 05-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: TPMS sensors

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
I didn't see the specification for auto re-learn and programable. I did a search for the crossfire and the only one I found was

"OE Sensor Part Number: 52088990AC
Schrader Part Number: 20028
Dill Part Number: 9028
Orange Part Number: SC90AC OR OEC-4"

results in their serach engine said "no results found" for the OEC-4

I got the SC90AC and it states
"Relearn Procedure:

Relearn can be completed using a properly formatted scan tool and relearn magnet. *Relearn magnet not required for Prowler"

I will take it into Discount and hopefully they can re-program them. I have to take one of the old TPMS senors in to have them copy it right?
I'd be tempted to take all 4 old ones just for grins.. beats a trip back to the house.. And 180 did post about them autolearning... I would think that would be part of the tpms/homelink module... which thinking along those lines would leave the orange tpm sensors as a blank slate and nothing for the module to read? Might be in left field here.. but sounds logical to me..

Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 AM

I didn't see the specification for auto re-learn and programable. I did a search for the crossfire and the only one I found was

"OE Sensor Part Number: 52088990AC
Schrader Part Number: 20028
Dill Part Number: 9028
Orange Part Number: SC90AC OR OEC-4"

results in their serach engine said "no results found" for the OEC-4

I got the SC90AC and it states
"Relearn Procedure:

Relearn can be completed using a properly formatted scan tool and relearn magnet. *Relearn magnet not required for Prowler"

I will take it into Discount and hopefully they can re-program them. I have to take one of the old TPMS senors in to have them copy it right?
Just wondering.. running around with light on or have you looked into and resolved things?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

light still on but not running much, my IC pump needs to be changed, I have to grind the seam on my undercarrage where the rear sway bar is contacting it, replace the 2 dot rear spring pads with 3 dots, have it aligned, and then I will be able to make it into Discount. I'll definately keep you posted. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Just wondering.. running around with light on or have you looked into and resolved things?
Discount tire was unable to re-program. Will try mercedes dealer next.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Discount tire was unable to re-program. Will try mercedes dealer next.
Customer service at the vendor?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:18 PM

Here is 2 pics of the tpms that were in my '04 coupe. I dont know if it helps anyone but.... ta daa

Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Forum Regular

Was wondering what tire pressure you are using on 2004 coupe. I recently purchased a 2004 black coupe and the guy said to keep all tires at 42 however I noticed that the TBPMS light is on now. Car has 24K on it and was purchased last week. Thanks for any info that you can share.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
Here is 2 pics of the tpms that were in my '04 coupe. I dont know if it helps anyone but.... ta daa

Beaner is there an area on the sides that appears to be a pored in resin? If so then this could be carefully chiseled out and a new battery installed just as it is done on some Corvette sensors. This is an area that needs exploration.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 PM

The pressure should be inflated different depending on the time of year. I recently had my tires deflated and reinflated with nitrogen which really helps my tires hold their pressure more consistantly. Some pooh pooh it, but even my mileage has increased from 25.6 mpg to 29.2 mpg. I have an 2008 roadster and the manual and your driver door jam should indicate the presssure on front to be 32 psi and rear 33 psi. In the winter I bump this up to 34 and 36 respectively. Hope this helps.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Discount could not program my new after market sensors either. Took the car to the Chrysler dealer and they could not program the sensors. Took the car back to Discount to have Mopar sensors put in, Discount couldn't program those sensors as well as the dealership couldn't either. The dealership showed me the sensors that are needed for the Crossfire. I went back to Discount so they could order the OEM sensors at wholesale and I paid the difference. New sensors came in and installed of which could not be programmed by Discount but finally was programmed by the Dealership.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by BluBird
The pressure should be inflated different depending on the time of year. I recently had my tires deflated and reinflated with nitrogen which really helps my tires hold their pressure more consistantly. Some pooh pooh it, but even my mileage has increased from 25.6 mpg to 29.2 mpg. I have an 2008 roadster and the manual and your driver door jam should indicate the presssure on front to be 32 psi and rear 33 psi. In the winter I bump this up to 34 and 36 respectively. Hope this helps.
Pooh Pooh!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:51 AM

Same eerie cue with the nitrogen...btw at most costco's the nitrogen is free!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 AM

Spell check got me on last post...I meant to say same experience with nitrogen...it keeps the pressure constant...the molecules are larger and that makes tiny leaks less likely!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gehoben
Spell check got me on last post...I meant to say same experience with nitrogen...it keeps the pressure constant...the molecules are larger and that makes tiny leaks less likely!
That is a good one.

Air is already 78.6% nitrogen. The rest is 20.9% oxygen, 0.4% CO2 and 0.1% of other gases. Both N2 and O2 exist as a two atom molecule of which N2 is about 3% larger than O2 due to weaker bonding. 300 picometers vs 292 picometers. I doubt there are many leaks that O2 would pass through and not N2.

POOH POOH

Just a bunch of crap some salesman came up with, especially the mileage crap.

I hope you didn't pay very much for the nitrogen. At work I get 200 liters of liquid N2 for $65, enough to fill thousands of tires when expanded to a gas.

Last edited by kurtisberry; 06-22-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bill F
Discount could not program my new after market sensors either. Took the car to the Chrysler dealer and they could not program the sensors. Took the car back to Discount to have Mopar sensors put in, Discount couldn't program those sensors as well as the dealership couldn't either. The dealership showed me the sensors that are needed for the Crossfire. I went back to Discount so they could order the OEM sensors at wholesale and I paid the difference. New sensors came in and installed of which could not be programmed by Discount but finally was programmed by the Dealership.

The After Market sensors are the orange electronic ones?

Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Customer service at the vendor?

I called Orange Electronic north america LLC and the message on the recorder states that they have been disolved as an entity. They list an out of country phone # to Tawain and said that Ray Sun should be contacted with any questions........

Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Looks like a really slick way to replace TPMS sensors. With T30 diagnostic tool, one can copy the existing TPMS ID data & then "clone" the new TPMS sensor. Makes it simple to replace, eliminating the need to go thru the "learning process" and/or reprogramming. T30 diagnostic tool probably is a good long-term investment at $259, considering TPMS is going to be around for quite some time.

Great Find!!
I'd bet on this being the case. Proprietary program interface to program the OEM id code into the sensor. Now I guess it would come down to paying the dealer rate for another OEM type sensor to be "id registered to the ECU" or paying for the Orange T30 tool to clone and program their sensors.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I understanding correctly that one cannot use the same TPMS equipment when it comes time to put new tires on?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:11 AM

Recently on the corvette forum :

I'm looking for a shop or someone that has the orange electronics t30 diagnostic tool to program a sensor in my wife's c6. Thanks in advance.

Try our shop Thrust Performance 928 Route 9 South, South Amboy, N.J. (732) 952-2238.

Ask for Mike or Samar.

And ran across this.. but haven't I read ours are through the DRB programming?

Check your tire pressure sensor with ATEQ VT55. Equiped with a universal OBD connector, you can reprogram your vehicle ECU. The ATEQ VT55 TPMS reset tool is universal. This means that it can trigger any TPMS sensor on the market.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 07-19-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Am I understanding correctly that one cannot use the same TPMS equipment when it comes time to put new tires on?
No.. this is related to a wheel (or wheels) TPMS sensor failure itself. These were about half price and looked to be a major player.. patented clone and copy technology for the sensors themsleves (no trip to the dealer for programming the cars ecu to recognize the "new" sensors ID). But apparently the US distributer has closed the doors.
So invest in black electrical tape or probably start researching options. At almost nine years old these are probably going to start dropping out left and right. (Just realized..thats almost funny!)

Quick Reply: TPMS sensors