Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Ordered Forgestars

Old 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ordered Forgestars

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Not as light as Forgestar!!

BTW,

but i wannab a race car!

Old 02-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The new mercedes fitment Konigs came out right after I put a deposit down on the Forgestars. They look real nice BTW. I believe they're forged so they should be a bit stronger than my Forgestars but they're a few pounds heavier too. Many C63AMG and Black Series guys are using Forgestars as track wheels without problems so they must be plenty strong. I've read (on the internet) that earlier Konigs weren't strong enough for track abuse.

Les

Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
The new mercedes fitment Konigs came out right after I put a deposit down on the Forgestars. They look real nice BTW. I believe they're forged so they should be a bit stronger than my Forgestars but they're a few pounds heavier too. Many C63AMG and Black Series guys are using Forgestars as track wheels without problems so they must be plenty strong. I've read (on the internet) that earlier Konigs weren't strong enough for track abuse.

Les
love the forgestars les. just busting johns chops cause he has adwd (attention deficet wheel disorder!) every time he sees a new wheel he changes his mind! ( latest wheel he showed me was a fred flinstone design! )

Old 02-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Les, those look very good... I looked at their site and think I like the F14F wheels better... but only because I like the big lip on them over the spokes at the outside edge... the F14's should look great on your SSB....

Old 02-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Thank goodness my car isn't black! Who knows, maybe my car will make it onto the Forgestar website! The forged Forgestars are a better wheel but cost more than I wanted to spend. BTW, your SSB looks hot.

Les

Old 02-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Tuesday the 15th and they haven't arrived. Patience grasshopper.

Les

Old 02-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

These ought to be great looking on the XFire. The F14 actually gives the appearance of a larger wheel than it actually is. This visual effect is due to the spokes going all the way to the outer edge of the rim. This applies to nearly any & all wheels with that design feature.

Really anxious to see these wheels mounted on your car.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:47 PM

Wednesday the 16th and I don't know for sure if they even shipped. They're "looking into it"
BSBSBSBSBSBS!

Les

Old 02-16-2011, 04:03 PM

Wednesday the 16th and I don't know for sure if they even shipped. They're "looking into it"
BSBSBSBSBSBS!

Les
Thats too bad Les, but probably worse for them, they have 15-20 potential customers seeing this all unfold so I hope they do the right thing....

Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 PM

I just got off the phone with the distributor I'm buying from. (Automotive Connoisseur Group) The rims are not finished. The distributor gets the completion date from Forgestar so I don't blame the distributor..... much ...... totally ........ Frankly ..... it's only been 5 weeks and 2 days. My irritation is with not being close on the original completion date, then the 2nd., then the 3rd., then the 4th. If they had told me 6 weeks I'd have been fine with it. Again, this is the only type of complaint I've seen against them recently. Late delivery. Oh bother, they get here when they get here.

Les

Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 PM

Thursday and no wheels or tires. tick tick tick. Usually the tires from Tirerack arrive in 14 days. Today is day 17. What's going on?

Les

Old 02-18-2011, 03:11 PM

Friday and more sadness. Just bills in the mail. No tires and no new information on the wheels. Tomorrow is a track day that I'm going to miss.

Les

Old 02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 550 Likes on 462 Posts

Friday and more sadness. Just bills in the mail. No tires and no new information on the wheels. Tomorrow is a track day that I'm going to miss.

Les
Go to the track, maybe they will show up on someone else's car.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM

Cleca master, how could I miss it? But I go as a spectator. The reason I'm without tires is the Forgestars were supposed to be here over 2 weeks ago. That's the reason I didn't order new tires for the rear stock rims. It seemed silly to order new tires and put them on rims that are going into the closet. But now I'm really missing out. This weekend is the long high speed track and its a 2 day event. Dang, dang, dang, dad the ding dong dang it all!!!! On the positive side of things, my wife is happy that I'll be home on Sunday.

Les

Old 02-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Here's a taste of what I missed today not to even think about tomorrow when lots of cars show up. This was taken with my camera so the quality is ....... Oh, no wheels or tires in the mail today. Tirerack is really letting me down too.

Les

YouTube - velociabstract's Channel

Old 02-23-2011, 02:27 PM

I just received an email that my Forgestars are made and they will be picking them up and mailing them to me tomorrow. I was getting worried. I sent an email to tirerack and they told me that USPS won't investigate a parcel post shipment until it's over 30 days after the shipping date. They shipped on the 2nd of february so ....... I must wait.

Les

Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 PM

Tires arrived today after all! Over 41" of grip. I hope the tires and Forgestar's fit without drama. (rubbing or worse)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Kumho XS.JPG (2.80 MB, 46 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 PM

I just got off the phone with ACG and they have the wheels and are awaiting final payment. Geez! I gave them all the information last week, which they discovered after I reminded them that I had. But hey, they should be here by the end of the week unless something else unforeseen happens.

Les

Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with ACG and they have the wheels and are awaiting final payment. Geez! I gave them all the information last week, which they discovered after I reminded them that I had. But hey, they should be here by the end of the week unless something else unforeseen happens.

Les
Hang in there! I know exactly what you're going through because I have been there myself. I'm on the second set of aftermarket wheels for my VW. The first set I ordered were superlight Centerline forged wheels, which took months to arrive, even though they were an off-the-shelf size. For the wheels I currrently have on the car, I went a more custom route and ordered up a set of specially sized JLines. Since I have aftermarket front calipers on the car, I needed to make sure whatever I got, would fit.

The JLine experience was terrible. I was told it would take me 6 weeks to get the wheels. It took them about 5 months--and that was with constant nagging. I was super psyched when I finally did get the wheels. And then it turned out the barrels were warped!!!!! Why did no one check them before sending them to me! So I had to wait about 4 months for the replacement wheels. It was a terrible experience.

Unless you order from the tirerack, the process of actually getting new wheels has got to be the worst automotive experience of my life. Good luck and I look forward to your next update. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how everything looks on your car. I don't recall if this was touched upon earlier, but is your vehicle lowered at all?

Last edited by AllEuro; 03-01-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:36 PM

I just got off the phone with Automotive Connoisseur Group and the rims were picked up by the USPS late today. Now all I have to worry about is if they fit! Anyone else have 18x9 ET 30 on the front? Stay tuned for pictures next week! I have a points race on the 13th and I've suffered a bunch of ribbing from my bad showing with bald rear tires at the last event. I want some payback!

Les

Quick Reply: Ordered Forgestars