Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Got my new TSW's and Super sports

Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 PM
cjw
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got my new TSW's and Super sports

Just got my Tsw Jarama's on today, 18x8 and stock Ps2's in the front with 18x9.5 285/35-18 Super sports on the rear. Front went on great, Rears Ill have to get a spacer or shorter lugs, ordering those tonight
Heres a few pics

Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: Got my new TSW's and Super sports

Looks very good! Not flashy but lots of speed. ENJOY!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

By the looks of the rear wheels you should go with shorter lugs, as it does not look like you would want the wheels set out any further. Looks good..... I think this is the first time I have ever seen a XFire with mud flaps though.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 PM
cjw
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bmorgan
By the looks of the rear wheels you should go with shorter lugs, as it does not look like you would want the wheels set out any further. Looks good..... I think this is the first time I have ever seen a XFire with mud flaps though.
Thats what I thought, Im trying to find some shorter lugs but havnt had much luck, im going to measure the stocks and take a 1/2 inch off, any chance anybody knows the stock lug legnth? And yeah the mudflaps came from the last owner, havnt taken them off yet, think im just going to shave them down since they were screwed into the fender lip.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by cjw
Thats what I thought, Im trying to find some shorter lugs but havnt had much luck, im going to measure the stocks and take a 1/2 inch off, any chance anybody knows the stock lug legnth? And yeah the mudflaps came from the last owner, havnt taken them off yet, think im just going to shave them down since they were screwed into the fender lip.
Stock lug length is 40MM, so you can use that as a starting point and subtract the lenght that you want to shorten by. The best and cheapest place that I have found for lug bolts is Lug Bolts Mercedes BMW Audi VW Saab. You want 12X1.5 Ball Seat. Just find the length that you want from there. Hope this helps.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:33 PM
cjw
Forum Regular

Stock lug length is 40MM, so you can use that as a starting point and subtract the lenght that you want to shorten by. The best and cheapest place that I have found for lug bolts is Lug Bolts Mercedes BMW Audi VW Saab. You want 12X1.5 Ball Seat. Just find the length that you want from there. Hope this helps.
Is the 40mm legnth from end to end, or just thread legnth? I measured and got 60mm but that was end to end.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 PM

40MM is the length of the shank. From the bottom of the ball to the end of the threads.

This picture shows the proper way to measure the shank. The 27MM in this pic is where the stock bolts are 40MM.

Last edited by bmorgan; 06-15-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 PM

If you need 1/2" shorter, here are the ones you will need. Wheel Adapters|Lug Nuts|Wheel Spacers

Old 06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
cjw
Forum Regular

If you need 1/2" shorter, here are the ones you will need. Wheel Adapters|Lug Nuts|Wheel Spacers
You my friend, are very helpful. I do apreciate the help.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by cjw
You my friend, are very helpful. I do apreciate the help.
No problem, I am glad to help out. I went through this a couple of times. Once when I bought 10MM front and 15MM rear spacers, and again when I bought 16" drag racing wheels. I have a box full of lug bolts for different configurations. Anyway..... I would have been lost if it were not for the very knowledgeable members that patiently helped me out. I am glad that I can return the favor now. Good luck with getting them finished up.

Oh, and do not try to move the car if the rear bolts are even a little bit too long, or you will tear up your e-brake assembly.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 PM
cjw
Forum Regular

No problem, I am glad to help out. I went through this a couple of times. Once when I bought 10MM front and 15MM rear spacers, and again when I bought 16" drag racing wheels. I have a box full of lug bolts for different configurations. Anyway..... I would have been lost if it were not for the very knowledgeable members that patiently helped me out. I am glad that I can return the favor now. Good luck with getting them finished up.

Oh, and do not try to move the car if the rear bolts are even a little bit too long, or you will tear up your e-brake assembly.
Yeah, that was my problem when I was at the shop, luckly my buddy works there and I had to through 2 spacers on each side just till I got home that why I was gonna order 1 big spacer but i like the idea of having the tire tucked under a little bit so Im going with smaller lugs, hopefully Ill have the knowledge by the time I get drag rims or at least my father will be home to help out ha

Old 07-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got the same type of wheels except mine are black . 19 inches on all 4 but a 1.5 inch lip on the front and 3.0 inch lip on the back they look so much better in black

Old 07-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To OP........I had the exact same rim and tire sizes but recently went a little bigger in the rear(now 305/35 18's) and run 8mm spacer in the rear. I prefer the silvers as well. I had a M-B in the shop with the black ones and didn't care for them at all.

3053518s.jpg
3053518side.jpg

Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 PM

sleek lookin srt-6 u have there looks like a hot wheels they look nice on ur srt-6 i prefer black only bc im going with a custom paint scheme on mine where im going to color the pillar from a cheap metallic silver to a dark color probaly black im blacking out the tail lights headlights and parking lights and i thought itd give it a more sportier appearance once i lower the car it gets lots of looks everywhere people think im a athlete or celeb LOL

Old 07-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by bionicdriver
sleek lookin srt-6 u have there looks like a hot wheels they look nice on ur srt-6 i prefer black only bc im going with a custom paint scheme on mine where im going to color the pillar from a cheap metallic silver to a dark color probaly black im blacking out the tail lights headlights and parking lights and i thought itd give it a more sportier appearance once i lower the car it gets lots of looks everywhere people think im a athlete or celeb LOL
The black will work for yours then for sure. I like the silvers for mine because they match the trim(when my rims aren't so dirty) and are subtle. I did consider having everything but the lips powdercoated gunmetal gray which also looks good.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 PM

do u ever race any mustang gts or camaro ss in ur srt-6

Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

yes, and he kicks their asses....and so do I.....I saw your post about SRT6's.....bring on your 5.0's...

Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice...I like!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by bionicdriver
do u ever race any mustang gts or camaro ss in ur srt-6

Are you asking me? If so then yes, I will race anybody that lines up to me at the dragstrip and have raced everything from a 8 second dragster to a 21 second old POS mobile. My 6(and its taillights) is well known by a lot of Mustank and GTO owners locally.

Quick Reply: Got my new TSW's and Super sports