Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Eibachs

Old 10-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Eibachs

Just purchased a 05 XF 6spd with low mileage, and love it. But....... it came with an "eibach springs" lowering mod already installed and has new rubber installed all around. Ride is good and firm but have camber issues, more so in the rear than front. it is very noticeable and am worried about premature inner tire wear becoming an issue. I have recently ordered a "DIY adjustable camber links", but along with the possible sway bar interference problem, I have also become aware that after installing and adjusting these links, I may/will have to also order "Toe in" adjustale links, as adjusting the camber will also slightly change the rear toe also. Also there may be fender clearance problems associated with this adjustment also. It seems that the the eibach lowering springs are perhaps not worth all the secondary issues associated with they're installation. So, should i start looking for some stock springs or go to all this trouble to retain the lowered look? Any thoughts out there?

Johnny H.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Eibachs

MikeR has what you need to correct the issues Adjustable rear camber arms just pm him and he will hook you up..

Old 10-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Eibachs

I never had a problem on the street with the Eibachs. At the track I got some interference with the rear sway bar and had to put in taller spring pads. (I started with dot 1) You should be OK. When I lowered my car, the front camber stayed the same. The rear had around -2.5º. You will need the rear camber links. I've never had a problem with the toe and I've had Eibachs, cut SRT springs and now K&W's. It sounds like you have what you need. If necessary you can have the Mercedes crash bolts installed in the front but wait until your alignment shop confirms the need. With the stock tire size you shouldn't have rubbing front or rear. At least that was my experience. I rubbed a little with spacers and wider, taller tires but nothing serious.

Les