Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Tire pressure monitor reset

Old 08-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure monitor reset

TPM is on continuously. Pressure has been verified OK by manual guage and electric testing has verified tires are correct and sensors are functioning.No reference to this situation in owner's manual have I found.Where / How do I reset / fix this system / function ? RR

Old 09-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Tire pressure monitor reset

Originally Posted by RedRover
TPM is on continuously. Pressure has been verified OK by manual guage and electric testing has verified tires are correct and sensors are functioning.No reference to this situation in owner's manual have I found.Where / How do I reset / fix this system / function ? RR
I am surprised that you got no replies on this. I'm new with my car and am spending a lot of time perusing this forum. I'll give you my best understanding of the problem.

The TPMS has to be "re-learned" when the sensors are replaced or any part of the tire pressure monitoring system has been repaired, replaced or reset. Perhaps this is your situation since a sensor test has proven yours are alive and active.

I have replaced two of my sensors and contacted two dealerships about the "re-learn" process. Both stores want a half hour labor (non refundable) to do the work. My understanding is they must own and operate the DRB III tool to tell the computer to look at the new sensors. I have yet to go to the dealership to do this because of the last nightmare with them charging me for the failed attempt to program a spare key. I'm afraid they will have the same bad luck (for me) with the new sensors. There is an option of simply disabling the warning light . To keep "legal" aftermarket TPMS can be purchased for as little as $22.

And I just noticed your post is more than four years old.. Sheesh!

Last edited by g wheels; 09-23-2019 at 08:08 AM. Reason: adding content
Old 05-26-2021, 02:09 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: Tire pressure monitor reset

Hello All, I have used this forum more times than I can count on my 05 SRT-6. I thank all of you senior members and people that use this as a serious discussion platform for us that own these amazing vehicles.
On to my first question ever asked here so bare with me. I would like to know if there is any way to trouble shoot the TMPS/ home link module?
I will try to be short on what I am doing to get the TMPS system working correctly.
I have replaced all the tire sensors with apparently the wrong ones so I have ordered and replacing the sensors with OEM ( 68406527AA).
I have read here that only the DRB III tool can accomplish this task.
I have already paid the stealership 180 to tell me that none of my sensors are transmitting.
I am taking it back to them and paying another 180 to have them install the OEM sensors and try again.
I have tried the magnet trick from this forum. This did not work. I believe my old sensors were bad. Thus I had a tire place put new ones(wrong ones) in with the new tires I bought and still no joy.
If the stealership still can not tell me what is wrong after new sensor install how can I fix it myself. I have 20 years experience with electronics and have always repaired all my own vehicles and everything else I own including my SRT-6.

Last edited by Doc78; 05-26-2021 at 02:10 PM. Reason: run on word