Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

what tires?

Old 08-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tires?

Wondering what tires are recommended for 2004 coupe. Local car guy recommends Michelins or Hankook, with Michelins preferred. Any suggestions?

Old 08-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: what tires?

I have had good luck with the Hankooks, much less expensive than the Michelins

Old 08-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kumho Ecsta (sp?, nice road handing, not long lasting. not expensive

Old 08-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddow
Wondering what tires are recommended for 2004 coupe. Local car guy recommends Michelins or Hankook, with Michelins preferred. Any suggestions?
He's recommending those because that what he has and wants to sell you. As long as the tires are the correct size, speed and load rating, anything not Chinese made should be good. Though you will generally pay more fore quality, hopefully.
Consider what type of driving you do. All Seasons tires suit many weather conditions (and people) Summer tires will grip better, cost more and make the car ride more harshly. The Michelins are great I'm sure though will be more $$$.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Lots of info in the Forum regarding tires for Crossfire. Just about all possibilities have been discussed and/or tried by members. Below are a couple of threads you should review before making a decision on purchase.

Official Tire Review Thread

Help With Tire Purchase

You'll find many of us are partial to particular brands and versions. Both Michelin & Hancook are very good tires. Michelins are just too pricey for me versus the benefit I'd get from them with my driving style. And I worked for Michelin in Greenville, SC for nearly 2 years back in the 1980's. The Hancooks are possibly a better value based on price versus performance. And both come in OEM sizes and various Plus 1 options for the rears. (Note: If you want to check out our comments on just about any other tire brand, just do a search for the particular tire brand and you'll find lots of info.)

I'm one of several that like the Barum Bravuris 3 HM from Discount Tire. Tire is part of the Continental family and offers very good performance with great pricing. (Note: Tire is a wet & dry performance tire, and not an all-season version. I don't really drive the Crossfire in the winter much, so really don't need an all-season tire. Keep that in mind when you decide to purchase.) These have recently been purchased by other members and are just now getting our interest. Only issue with the Barums is they come only in OEM sizes for the Crossfire (I don't consider that an issue) and some members like the look of the Crossfire with wider rubber on the rears (I like that look also).

So you've got an interesting decision ahead of you and if you want further info, just ask us. We're all biased in what we like!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-19-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I got for mine....best overall ratings in all areas for an ultra high performance all season.

BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S

Old 08-19-2016, 01:04 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Rpaczan
This is what I got for mine....best overall ratings in all areas for an ultra high performance all season.

BFGoodrich*g-Force COMP-2 A/S

I am sure some of those features are moot UNLESS you travel to much harsher areas of the country.

Like mentioned before, whatever floats your boat, the same is said about oils, lubricants, antifreeze, batteries, and just about every other commodity, right?

Old 08-20-2016, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ddow

Forget Handkook , Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or Pirelli P Zero Nero GT ( lasted 30 000km with it ) or Vredestein Ultrac Vorti