Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

BILSTEIN B12-Pro-Kit for the Crossfire

Old 02-19-2018, 06:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default BILSTEIN B12-Pro-Kit for the Crossfire

Anybody have any experience with the BILSTEIN B12-Pro-Kit for the Crossfire?
It's marketed by Bilstein as a matched set of shocks (theirs) and Eibach springs.
Below is their description.

The BILSTEIN B12 Pro-Kit allows vehicles to be lowered up to 40mm. The kit has the perfect combination of sporty dynamics, aesthetics, and load bearing capacity. This BILSTEIN B12 kits consist of BILSTEIN B8 high-performance shock absorbers that are perfectly matched with EIBACH springs for an optimal ride.

They also have 2 other offerings (their shocks and Eibach springs) which are height adjustable by means of a threaded collar which I assume would be installed below the springs.
Any experience with any of them?

Old 02-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: BILSTEIN B12-Pro-Kit for the Crossfire

The height ajustable set is the b-14 set.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:19 AM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put in the KW springs with the adjustable height with Koni Sport shocks. The Bilstein look similar. The perch (adjustable part) goes on top of the spring, this goes up into the cup on the body. I put the perch in at max height so I could adjust them to a lower height. It looks like the the Bilstein has a greater range. The issue is to adjust the perch you have to compress the spring to get the nut down below the bottom of the cup to turn it! So you can not just put a spanner on it and adjust.
It looks like to have the ability to adjust them easily on the car you would want to go to a coil over shock setup. These are much more expensive. If you are not going to due much tuning on the suspension you might want to chart all the different spring kits and pick the one that lowers the car to your liking. I found about four or five different sets and they all lowered to different heights.
The KW springs front stock NA coupe fender 26 1/4 to 25 3/4 and rear 27 1/2 to 26 1/2 with my perches at max height. I can lower the front 1 inch and the rear 1/2 inch after I put it on the rack and put a spring compressor on each one to get to the adjuster nut!

Good luck!
Dan

Old 02-26-2018, 08:18 AM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked with the Ground Control team, they sent some photos of the front and rear springs. Their set up is different from the KW like I put on the NA coupe. I also have a SRT and I think I will go with the GC since the adjustment can be done with the tire off the ground. He has not sent me the info on the range of height of their spring kit. Happy with my Sport Koni's and if you have good smooth roads you can keep them on the firmer setting for crisper handling. I drilled an 11/16 holes in the back interior covers so I can adjust the rear rebound and got some caps that fit the holes so it looks nice.