Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Price of a custom air setup?

Old 10-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price of a custom air setup?

Anyone here have an estimate of what it’d cost to get a shop to put together a custom air kit for me would be? I haven’t seen any activity on this subject for some time. Last thing I saw was the suicide doors guys selling them for only $600 something!! I buy one of those kits right now if they were still sold... thanks!

side note: how much could I get for my stock N/A rims? They have minor curb rash, does anyone even want them?? Thanks again guys!

Old 10-25-2018, 09:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Price of a custom air setup?

Originally Posted by wbarth123
Anyone here have an estimate of what it’d cost to get a shop to put together a custom air kit for me would be? I haven’t seen any activity on this subject for some time. Last thing I saw was the suicide doors guys selling them for only $600 something!! I buy one of those kits right now if they were still sold... thanks!

side note: how much could I get for my stock N/A rims? They have minor curb rash, does anyone even want them?? Thanks again guys!
Your best bet is Rob, at Needswings. Single or double available. You can do your own, uses 3 in. tube and fittings. You can find everything online.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Your best bet is Rob, at Needswings. Single or double available. You can do your own, uses 3 in. tube and fittings. You can find everything online.
Jeff, he is talking about air ride, not CAI.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, this is my area of expertise! I have bagged and modified around a dozen or so Mercedes Benz vehicle over the last 6 years. The divorced suspension setup we run is one of the easier bag setups to do, the price however depends on how nice you want it. Let's start with the bags: Slam Specialties SS-5 bags are what fits. There are cheaper bags and more expensive bags, but these are what fits. You'll need 4. The bag brackets and cups are easily made using universal builder parts or you can contact Gnar-Low or Common Wealth MFG for them, the currently produce w201/124 Mercedes brackets but those are easily modified to work and they will even make the modifications for you for an extra charge. The management is where your options go wild. You can do a simple two paddle analog control with needle gauges or you can do full digital with pressure and height monitoring. Go on BagRiders.com and take a look and do some reading to see what style suits you.

Feel free to ask any more questions, I'm happy to answer.