Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Nails in tires

Old 08-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Nails in tires

I would like to know if any one out there gets as many nails in the PS 2 tires as I do. Today I got another. That makes 5 in 18,600 miles. That is more than I have gotten in over 45 years of driving any other car. This one was in the sidewall so it can't be repaired. I also have a set of Continentals that I put on today. Don't think i will replace the PS 2.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nails in tires

I hope you have road hazard coverage on those things, cause they're like $300 a piece new right? Have you used the tire sealant kit that comes with the car? if so, how did it work out? was it the front or rears? if you're not going to use the rears, I may be interested, as i am going to a track event and wouldn't mind to have a cheap pair of rubber to throw on and wear out. wow 5 nails though? that's crazy, do you drive in construction areas? you did say you got a new set of 4 tires right?

Old 08-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well no road hazard coverage on the tires that came with the car. I had to replace one when I had 4k on the car due to a pothole. I have the Continentals that I use in the winter. Haven't had to use the sealant kit. If you don't pull out the nail they do not leak. Just go to the tire shop and get it fixed. I only have one good rear. I may replace the bad one but I am not sure yet. Got all the nails on the highway. I think. May just keep the all weathers on year round.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I really think your situation is all a matter of luck. Talking about tire punctures reminds about something...the day before the Crossfire meet in August, it was about 10:00 am, and I was ready to wash my car. I point the hose at the right rear of the vehicle, and notice that the tire was FLAT!!!! I forget to tell you all this story, but to keep it short, I spent the whole day looking for a place to fix my leaking tire. I ended up paying $50 to have my tire repaired with an internal patch. Being inexperienced with this situation, I told the place that fixed my tire that I was in desperate need to get it fixed. With this in mind, I think they overcharged me for the service seeing that I seemed willing to pay any amount to get the tire fixed!

Old 09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep just posted in another thread before i spotted yours. got 3 in the rears, each 1 a month apart that's every 1500 miles, the kid must have got. fed up or run out of nails, i hope! each one was 2" long all the way in straight like they were stuck there when it was parked.