WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

WTB -- ignition housing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB -- ignition housing

I'm looking for an ignition housing. Part number is 68001655AB. Presumably one that will allow me to complete a key cylinder swap.

Shipping would be to 13640. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: WTB -- ignition housing

Originally Posted by curtisr
I'm looking for an ignition housing. Part number is 68001655AB. Presumably one that will allow me to complete a key cylinder swap.

Shipping would be to 13640. Thanks!
I do not understand what you intend to do, to replace the housing you will have to have the existing one taken out, while it is out you could take out the two troublesome parts in a minute and put it back. No money would be wasted.
Do what you want but why waste money? I give up.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:08 AM

Dear 180,

I am truly appreciative of your encouragement and have a question for you. Is it the key cylinder (I'm thinking brass projections) or the housing itself or something else that is the source of sticky key difficulties?

Thanks again!

Roger

Old 08-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by curtisr
Dear 180,

I am truly appreciative of your encouragement and have a question for you. Is it the key cylinder (I'm thinking brass projections) or the housing itself or something else that is the source of sticky key difficulties?

Thanks again!

Roger
The cylinder is not the source of the sticky key, the problem is a little spring operated pin that binds up inside the housing. Pry open the little cover, remove the pin and spring and you are done.
You can see this operation in the how to that is listed and also in a UTube video made by Big Daddy costarring Super Mario. Easy peasy.
Naturally the cylinder could cause problems but I have never heard of them here.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The cylinder is not the source of the sticky key, the problem is a little spring operated pin that binds up inside the housing. Pry open the little cover, remove the pin and spring and you are done.
You can see this operation in the how to that is listed and also in a UTube video made by Big Daddy costarring Super Mario. Easy peasy.
Naturally the cylinder could cause problems but I have never heard of them here.

Paul (Big Daddy) is a hero in the Crossfire world!

I have finished watching the video and will get going on this. Well, as soon as I finish my racing car (for an event scheduled August 17th) or, to borrow from Humphrey Bogart: 'Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow but someday. Who knows? This could be the start of a beautiful friendship (the Crossfire and me)!

Thanks again.

Roger

Old 08-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Part no longer required.