Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Ticket

Old 08-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket

Out driving this Sunday Morning and was pulled over because my Xfire did not have a front plate. Officer gave me a ticket. After he left I noticed two Corvettes with no front plates. Then saw 350Z without plate. Does anybody have any suggestions for a clean looking front bracket...

Old 08-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Question Re: Ticket

I missed the tie to XFinternational!!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Ticket

Originally Posted by Aggregates71
Out driving this Sunday Morning and was pulled over because my Xfire did not have a front plate. Officer gave me a ticket. After he left I noticed two Corvettes with no front plates. Then saw 350Z without plate. Does anybody have any suggestions for a clean looking front bracket...
When I got my ticket for exceeding the posted speed limit the office kindly advised me of his generosity in not ticketing me for missing the front plate (also required in Ohio). This is probably one of the most flagrantly violated laws in the vehicle code. I actually have a front plate, and the standard XF mounting bracket is rather clean looking...I just hate poking holes in a perfectly good front bumper. I still carry the plate and mounting bracket in my trunk so that I can explain to my friendly law enforcement official that I DO have a front license plate...I've merely failed to install it. I have also noticed literally hundreds of plateless front-ends in the past 6 months since my ticket. I do get a hair nervous when passing a marked vehicle. Who knows when my time for a plate violation is up??

Old 08-16-2006, 11:12 PM

The only peace officers that seem to care about the front plate in Ohio is the state patrol. I keep the front plate in the pouch behind the passenger seat so it is handy if my radar detector goes crazy, or I see a state trooper on the side of the road. Just place it in the front windshield and they cannot say anything.

I was showing my car to some local officers, which one is a very good friend of mine, when one of them brought up the front plate issue. I asked if they would put a front plate on this car if it was their car, and they all agreed that they would not put a plate on the front of the car.

Keep the car crisp and clean with no front plate!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sterling013
...Just place it in the front windshield and they cannot say anything....
This sounds like excellent advice. I don't see how it could hurt...it sure places the plate up front instead of in the truck. I'll move the plate into the [male chicken] pit and hope for the best.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:05 PM

You could always move to AZ, where a front plate is optional and not standard. I believe it's $50 more for a front plate. I'm just curious if I could get a ticket in other states that require a front plate since I'm not even a resident, or if that law only applies to the state your vehicle is registered in...

Old 08-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's center mounted, we have to have them in Maryland on both front and back. Got a nice set of smoked plastic covers for mine and they look nice.
I had your problem back in 1970 (ha ha). I had a brand new '69 and 1/2 Z-28 Camaro and I scoured the country for one of those USA -1 License plates. I had it on the car about 2 days and got pulled over. I've been obedient ever since.

Good luck - Pat

Old 08-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jpristel
You could always move to AZ, where a front plate is optional and not standard. I believe it's $50 more for a front plate. I'm just curious if I could get a ticket in other states that require a front plate since I'm not even a resident, or if that law only applies to the state your vehicle is registered in...
Law only applies to the state that your vehicle is registered in. These are part of the reciprocal rights that you hear so much about.