Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Ripoff

Old 08-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripoff

Well the Fed ex guy just left after delivering the rear fascia panels I ordered. Those two pieces of plastic are not worth more than $10.00 for both of them. I do not consider myself a cheap or frugal person. I realize that many items and services for this car are off the chart, but $185.00 for two pieces of flimsy plastic is outrageous. I know that they will finish off the rear of the car, but I thought they would have a little more substance to them. Just two pieces of molded plastic. Wow, I guess my day's of buying anything else are over. Sorry for the venting. I just think I along with everyone else who purchased this part was ripped off.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Ripoff

If your looking to not be ripped off quite as badly as $184. moparsupercenter.com has agreed to meet the 2 prices quoted on the Forum by new mopar parts and mopar master and sell us the Fascia panels for the $164 his competitors are selling them for (my dealer wanted full retail $205). So whether they're a ripoff or not, if you want them a little cheaper there's another source @ $164. Ask for Jeff Hunter, he's a pleasure to deal with. Sorry if tha'ts who you paid the $184 to, you should have just asked him to match his competitors. He agreed when I asked with no questions asked.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:19 PM

Try A$900 for them here is Australia at the current exchange rate that equates to US $684!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
If your looking to not be ripped off quite as badly as $184. moparsupercenter.com has agreed to meet the 2 prices quoted on the Forum by new mopar parts and mopar master and sell us the Fascia panels for the $164 his competitors are selling them for (my dealer wanted full retail $205). So whether they're a ripoff or not, if you want them a little cheaper there's another source @ $164. Ask for Jeff Hunter, he's a pleasure to deal with. Sorry if that's who you paid the $184 to, you should have just asked him to match his competitors. He agreed when I asked with no questions asked.
I have done lots of business with Jeff Hunter at moparsupercenter.com for the Crossfire and for other vehicles. He is a class act and runs a quality business.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aptiva
Well the Fed ex guy just left after delivering the rear fascia panels I ordered. Those two pieces of plastic are not worth more than $10.00 for both of them. I do not consider myself a cheap or frugal person. I realize that many items and services for this car are off the chart, but $185.00 for two pieces of flimsy plastic is outrageous. I know that they will finish off the rear of the car, but I thought they would have a little more substance to them. Just two pieces of molded plastic. Wow, I guess my day's of buying anything else are over. Sorry for the venting. I just think I along with everyone else who purchased this part was ripped off.
I am quite pleased with my purchase and the fit and finish of the parts. If you want to buy your custom accessories at Pep-Boys for $10.95 then you bought the wrong car.

Being that upset over a purchase is not worth it...you should return them immediately...and, as you say, don't buy anything else.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:05 PM

I was never critical of the fit and finish of the plastic. Maybe I'm not a highbrow that can afford to pay $200.00 for two small pieces of plastic. It was only my opinion. I don't need for you to tell me where I should shop. I can well afford the car. I just thought the price was overly high.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aptiva, I read your post exactly as you meant it. I've been toying with buying those as well, but $200 bucks for that "design" doesn't really get me excited. Are you going to install them anyway, or return them? In any case, would it be possible for you to take some pics before you mount them or otherwise?

My view on them is that they are a bit thick looking. I guess I had it in my mind that a diffuser should have smaller splines (thinner/not shorter) to give it the look I'd prefer. But then again, that setup may not be strong enough for the rigors of daily driving and have a higher potential to be broken. Carbon fiber thin splines would be best, but since this is really for looks principally (exclusively)? I don't think I'd care to pay the price for carbon fiber bobbles for my car.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Forum Regular

I was never critical of the fit and finish of the plastic. Maybe I'm not a highbrow that can afford to pay $200.00 for two small pieces of plastic. It was only my opinion. I don't need for you to tell me where I should shop. I can well afford the car. I just thought the price was overly high.
Agreed, they are way too expensive for what you're getting. You can buy a complete front bumper for only $150 more. The comment about where you shop was uncalled for AND childish...

Old 08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Aptiva, I read your post exactly as you meant it. I've been toying with buying those as well, but 200 bucks for that "design" doesn't really get me excited. Are you going to install them anyway, or return them? In any case, would it be possible for you to take some pics before you mount them or otherwise?

My view on them is that they are a bit thick looking. I guess I had it in my mind that a diffuser should have smaller splines (thinner/not shorter) to give it the look I'd prefer. But then again, that setup may not be strong enough for the rigors of daily driving and have a higher potential to be broken. Carbon fiber thin splines would be best, but since this is really for looks principally (exclusively)? I don't think I'd care to pay the price for carbon fiber bobbles for my car.
Its thin 1/8 inch plastic molding. I will post pics of mine when I get home this afternoon. I still need to take it back to the body shop to get them repainted. They painted them a light aeroblue. Looks alot like the saphire blue. Anyone have the paint code for aero blue?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Anyone have the paint code for aero blue?
I don't, but any reputable body shop has the ability to look it up...

Last edited by ben47; 08-18-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hugo
Try A$900 for them here is Australia at the current exchange rate that equates to US $684!!!
Hugo...any way I can help you out? The import tariffs for many goods are ridiculous. I buy computer and Harley-Davidson parts for my colleagues in Brazil all the time. Of course I carry them through customs with me. I don't travel to Australia, and I don't know what rates your government charges for individual person to person shipments, but if I can help save you considerable A$, I'd be glad to help. That should be the benefit of participating in a forum. - Mark

Old 08-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
... Anyone have the paint code for aero blue?
I Google'd 'Chrysler Paint Codes' and got this ...
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paintcodelocations.htm If you click on the link for Chrysler it gives you a scan of the label. I looked at the diagram showing where the labels are placed .. I couldn't find it.

Also did 'Mercedes Paint Codes' and got this ...
http://www.landiss.com/paintcodes.htm

I'd go with the Mercedes codes.

adoni

Old 08-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adoni
I Google'd 'Chrysler Paint Codes' and got this ...
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paintcodelocations.htm If you click on the link for Chrysler it gives you a scan of the label. I looked at the diagram showing where the labels are placed .. I couldn't find it.

Also did 'Mercedes Paint Codes' and got this ...
http://www.landiss.com/paintcodes.htm

I'd go with the Mercedes codes.

adoni
I'd double check the MB codes, haven't seen any of their cars riding around with the same paint as the Crossfire.

Old 08-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Did some more homework ...

Here's a link to a thread here, discussing color codes ...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ht=paint+codes

The last post, #21, has a pretty detailed write up of the paint color names and their codes.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry I forgot to take these and post them last night. If you need anymore photo's please let me know.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by markr6754
Hugo...any way I can help you out? The import tariffs for many goods are ridiculous. I buy computer and Harley-Davidson parts for my colleagues in Brazil all the time. Of course I carry them through customs with me. I don't travel to Australia, and I don't know what rates your government charges for individual person to person shipments, but if I can help save you considerable A$, I'd be glad to help. That should be the benefit of participating in a forum. - Mark
Thanks Mark. Import duties are nil because of the free trade agreement. Goods and services taxes are 10% and freight on top so say A $275 including taxes lets be generous and call it A $100 freight so DC are making A $600 on the deal I will buy it from the US.

Thank you for the offer anyways.
Hugo

Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

I was never critical of the fit and finish of the plastic. Maybe I'm not a highbrow that can afford to pay $200 for two small pieces of plastic. It was only my opinion. I don't need for you to tell me where I should shop. I can well afford the car. I just thought the price was overly high.
Ummm did you think they would be made of bronze? Or maybe some nice heavy iron?