Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Conti Tire Warranty

Old 09-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conti Tire Warranty

I've got the all season Contis on my XFire. They have about 28.5K on them and are at the indicator marks. I found where the tires are listed as a 60K warranty. With nothing to lose, I go by my local Sears Auto to see what can be done. Service Writer immediately going into the "these are hi-pro tires and they don't have any warranty." I said "Why don't you look it up?" She looks and LOW AND BEYOND, it does say 60K warranty! Of course nobody is available at Conti to talk to today or Labor Day so we find nothing out. I'll be back Tuesday to see if we can get Conti to do something.

I might luck out and get something taken off the price. I peaked onto the computer and saw Sears was selling the rear tire for $322 or so. I know I can get them at Tire Rack for $199 + shipping.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Conti Tire Warranty

i got 27k out of my conti all seasons... it is what it is imo.

a tire warranty is near bs... there are sooo many factors taken in to account in order to have a warranty go into effect on tire longevity.

conti will blame it on psi, aggressive driving, etc., to get out of it... but good luck.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:01 PM

Hey, it doesn't hurt to try! I'm not expecting much, if anything. I'm sure Conti will come back with something to the effect of what you've said. Sears may let me get on the line with them and talk. I'll think of something clever to say!

Old 09-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag80
Hey, it doesn't hurt to try!
~ agreed... please keep us updated.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:56 PM

i thought the warranties are for blow outs and that sort of thing. who is to say people won't do burn outs to get new tires?

Last edited by dfuny19; 09-03-2006 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dfuny19
i thought the warranties are for blow outs and that sort of thing. who is to way people won't do burn outs to get new tires?
Him speak funny English.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Talking Re: Conti Tire Warranty

Originally Posted by upstate
Him speak funny English.
... LOL !!!

Old 09-02-2006, 06:54 PM

Mileage warranty is given (supposedly) by tire companies as a selling point to customers. It is implied that their tire will last for a certain mileage limit. Any time there is abnormal wear through non maintenance or abuse (burnouts, etc.) they will not warrant tire. True, most will replace or give credit for mfg. defects within mileage limits. I'm just trying to see what kind of response I get from Conti. We all know that the tires aren't going to last 60K. My point to them is why show a 60K warranty if the tires aren't going to last that long through usual wear and tear.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Forum Regular

I believe that 30,000 is the most any have seen.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by porterhouse
... LOL !!!
i meant to say "say".

how's that for funny.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Continental limited warranty for original equipment tires:

http://continentaltire.custhelp.com/...459749&p_olh=0

Note: treadwear is specifically excluded in the General Exclusions section. If these tires came with your vehicle when new, you have no treadwear warranty.

Even for replacement tires, as Andrew stated, there are so many exclusions, that unless the tire is defective you'd rarely benefit from a treadwear warranty. Consider that most of us probably haven't rotated tires (side to side) on our Crossfires. Not rotating the tires every 6-8K results in any Continental treadwear warranty being voided. After 3 years, the warranty expires, regardless of the mileage. Even though Tirerack lists the tire as having a 60K treadwear warranty, Continental doesn't list the ContiTouringContactCW95 as having any treadwear warranty:

http://continentaltire.custhelp.com/...126249&p_olh=0

Continental only mentions the ContiTouringContact under its road hazard warranty which prorates treadwear and lasts only a year.

I wouldn't even bother complaining to Continental because unless you purchased the tires as replacements and have been rotating them frequently, you simply have no coverage. You should just ask Sears to match (or come close) to the Tirerack price if you want to get new tires there. If they can't find someone that will, or just buy the new tires from tirerack and have them shipped to your home or local tire shop. Even if you had a treadwear warranty and it was prorated from a price of $322, it wouldn't be much cheaper than Tirerack's price for a tire. And one other issue - to have all four tires prorated they'd have to be equally worn out with equal wear across the treads as well. Very unlikely.

Last edited by Rob M; 09-03-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:01 PM

Rob M is exactly correct. There is no tread wear warranty. I have 19K on mine and they're shot. I drive mountain roads every day to work, so no surprise. One thing to note; the Conti's are about the softest rubber, and have among the lowest tread wear ratings of any tires for this car. The high point for these tires is that they ride nice with low noise. Personally, I don't care too much about low noise and comfy ride in my Crossfire. Goodbye to the Conti's...I'm getting a set of BFG's installed on Thursday. They have nearly double the tread life rating, better speed and traction ratings, and they're a bit cheaper too.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:31 PM

Well, talked with Sears today. They when out and measured tire depth. 4/32 on all treads on front; 3/32 on outside edges of back; others 4/32. Conti says must be mechanical problem with tread wearing differently on outside edges. No warranty. Pretty much like everyone said. I didn't expect any different answer either. I just ordered a set from Tire Rack. Anything in the same price range with better wear? I saw the Avon's listed as lower priced. The Avon isn't listed as an All Season tire however.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

I get free tires for life from my dealer as part of my purchasing agreement.

Consider yourself lucky to get that much mileage as the P-Zero Rossos on my other car lasted 5,000 miles. LOL.