Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Someone Tried Breaking Into My Car

Old 09-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Tried Breaking Into My Car

My dad and I run a local restaurant and take all the employees on a Labor Day trip every year. We leave our cars at the restaurant all day and return to find out that three of our cars have been vandalized. Two of the cars were covered in melted butter. As we are pulling up a lady walks over to tell us about two people trying to get into my car with a coat hanger. Luckily, her presence scared them off. But their fingerprints were all over the windows and doors. There is a bank with an outdoor ATM next door, and the cops said there was nothing they could do, not even check the camera in the ATM. Is it even possible to get in our cars with a coat hanger?

Old 09-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Default Re: Someone Tried Breaking Into My Car

I hope no one can answer this for the safety of us all.
Do you think the alarm system worked at all ?

Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's only possible by hooking the door handle with the coat hanger and opening it that way. Technically it is possible but it would take some time.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To serve and protect... I'd be extremely pissed. Go stand on your Mayors desk and demand a police report on the vandalism with a statement from the witness. Good luck!

Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Forum Regular

They can easily get in, but once you lock the car, and roll down your window. Try opening the door by the handle, you'll see what happens, lol.

Even if they manage to get inside there's nothing they can do to start the car without the RF signal key. And the radio is worthless to install in any other car, due to the fact that the radio reads the vin code to make sure it's in it's correct place.

So there's really nothing they can do to your car unless they just want to slash your leather seats or steal parts off it.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dynamicS
They can easily get in, but once you lock the car, and roll down your window. Try opening the door by the handle, you'll see what happens, lol.

Even if they manage to get inside there's nothing they can do to start the car without the RF signal key. And the radio is worthless to install in any other car, due to the fact that the radio reads the vin code to make sure it's in it's correct place.

So there's really nothing they can do to your car unless they just want to slash your leather seats or steal parts off it.
Never heard of the radio reading the vin code? The radio is not married to the car like lets say a cluster or something. I've switched radios and so forth and they always turn on.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ronman
Never heard of the radio reading the vin code? The radio is not married to the car like lets say a cluster or something. I've switched radios and so forth and they always turn on.
You switched radios between crossfires? Or a crossfire radio into another car?

I've hear GM vehicles that have this feature in the late model stuff. I wonder why MBZ hasn't done the same?

Old 09-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dynamicS
You switched radios between crossfires? Or a crossfire radio into another car?

I've hear GM vehicles that have this feature in the late model stuff. I wonder why MBZ hasn't done the same?
Yes I had the dealer replace my stereo because I was having problems. Then I've tried buying a used crossfire nav system and had the worst luck but never any problems with the radio not liking what car it was in.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:28 PM

I have C-4 under the hood for just such an occasion. It's sad, this is my 4th crossfire due to this security method, but it’s effective. Sure, I've lost 2 family members and my dog, but I've turned down the sensitivity on the alarm now, so hopefully I won't need to replace the car or the driveway again.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:53 AM

ROFLMAO! Cuse.

I figured the best protection against theft was the Chrysler logo on the car. Nobody steals Chrysler cars.