Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

test drove the 6spd today ..

Old 09-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test drove the 6spd today ..

mmm...it was so fun! 8) here's the story, i was in a bad car accident over a year and 8 months ago. it has taken me out of work and messed me up for life. i could go into detail but not sure if anyone is interested. head on collision deal, not my fault. well awhile back i tried to test drive a '97 3000gt VR4 at a local dealership. they said that i couldn't even test drive it unless i signed some papers to buy it, aint that some ****? but the point of telling you this is i had a MUCH more pleasureable experience when i went to my local chrysler place. i'm going to be getting my settlement soon and thats definately going to make me buy from them rather somewhere else, people don't know how to be nice these days.
sorry for the rant. but anyways. i drove the gun metal 6spd they had with black interior. i have to get use to the 6spd but i liked it. awesome car and great quality overall! i thought the leather would be softer but hey, maybe it just needs a little breaking in. also i felt like i was going to break the shift ****. it feels faster than 215hp. i would love to drive one with the slk supercharger on it..mmmm... :twisted:
we went to a local minor league baseball stadium because it has some twisties on the drive to it. then on the interstate people were looking while i made my way through traffic 8) . i get excited just thinking about it. and it drives great! i was going 80 and it felt like i was doing 60 if that. and i was taking it easy cause of the holiday weekend. very cool saleman also, he got on it more than i did :lol: i'm most likely going to buy one though.
oh yeah, i'm only 19. did you guys buy yours straight up or finance yours? i can't decide if i finance it it won't be for long, i need to get my credit up.
thanks all
Matt

Old 09-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Default Re: test drove the 6spd today ..

Originally Posted by bustrblue2
oh yeah, i'm only 19. did you guys buy yours straight up or finance yours? i can't decide if i finance it it won't be for long, i need to get my credit up.
thanks all
Matt
Matt,

Do yourself a favor and finance it. If you have basically no credit history because of your age, they'll offer you a horrible rate, but take it. Just don't accept any loan origination or other fees, and make sure there is no prepayment penalty.

Make your first two payments normally, then just pay the loan off in full for the third payment. Assuming that you make those three payments on time, this will do wonders for your credit rating. Not as much as paying the loan off in the normal time would, but the APR you're likely to get would make doing that more expensive than it's worth.

As an aside, another thing you can do is get a credit card with a low or no annual fee. Again, don't worry too much about the APR. Buy a few small things on the card every now and again. Don't ever charge it up to more than half of the credit limit, and pay it off every month to avoid getting raped in the wallet by the APR you'll probably have. Three or four times a year, leave $10 on it rather than paying in full, but be sure to pay it off the next month. Keep this card forever (which is why you want the low annual fee). Even after you get better cards later in life, keep this card open.

In the short term, simply having the card, using it, and paying it on time will do the same good things for your credit rating as financing your new car. In the long term, two of the items that figure prominently into your credit score are the age of your oldest credit account and the average age of all your open accounts. Getting a card now and keeping it open and in good standing will help with those two factors down the road.

Cheers,

Greg

Old 09-02-2003, 06:22 AM
Default Re: test drove the 6spd today ..

As an aside, another thing you can do is get a credit card with a low or no annual fee. Again, don't worry too much about the APR. Buy a few small things on the card every now and again. Don't ever charge it up to more than half of the credit limit, and pay it off every month to avoid getting raped in the wallet by the APR you'll probably have. Three or four times a year, leave $10 on it rather than paying in full, but be sure to pay it off the next month. Keep this card forever (which is why you want the low annual fee). Even after you get better cards later in life, keep this card open.

thanks for the reply Greg,
i had planned on already getting a credit card but like i said, the wreck took me out of work. and no company will give me a card unless i have been working. hopefully soon i'll be able to get a card though.