Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Another ebay scam?

Old 10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another ebay scam?

A buy it now of $6,900 for a roadster!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

I emailed him and asked if I could see the car in person. I'll post his response. Anyone in LA want to check it out?

Old 10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Another ebay scam?

Note that the shipping is FREE! This has scam written all over it. There has to be a catch...Maybe everyone on this forum should email the guy and ask to be a bidder.

I am going to do it!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular

Ebay is having a lot of trouble with scams surrounding the cars. Bid on any Crossfire and when it ends you will get at least one or two second chance offers. This has happened even when I bid $10,000.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:14 PM

It's saying that the auction is over.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:03 PM

This is definitely a scam. It is someone (scam artist) who is using someone else's (legitimate ebayer) identity to post the auction. I once had someone who tried to sell a motorcycle under my ID. I found out when a bidder sent in a question. It usually works so the winning bidder will make the payment (usually cash or money order only, no paypal). Where the scammer will collect his money and the legitimate ebayer will get stuck with the case. Stay away from too good to be true auctions.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Toy
A buy it now of $6,900 for a roadster!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

I emailed him and asked if I could see the car in person. I'll post his response. Anyone in LA want to check it out?
I'll go check it out, I'm off work for awhile... Get the details and tell him/her I'll go take a look... send me the contact info...

Old 10-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Forum Regular

HDDP, He never responded to my request and he also ended the auction. Thanks anyway.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Forum Regular

This is the response the guy sent me. Anyone want to wait 2 weeks for a car to be sent back from Thailand? Not me!!
John

Hello,

First you have to know that my car 2005 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE is 100% working and looking perfect, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no flood or wrecked and it is an US clear title, no engine problems, the interior looks great.

I need to let this beauty go so cheap course I'm interested in a fast deal, we recently found a good business in Thailand and we moved out here, it's a reasonable business and we'll gonna live here for next years. Bottom price for this car is $6,900.00 with cost for delivery included, I made a deal with shipping company when i brought the car here (if i'll not be able to resist it here i can send it back in United States for free using same company). I will be able to ship the car any where in United States, the car will arrive in about 12-16 days to your shipping door and will be insured at the shipping company for the transport.

For our protection, payment will be made through eBay Motors. The most important thing in all my activities is that I am affiliated at eBay Motors vehicle purchase program and I have a Purchase Protection Account for $20,000.00 and I assume you know what this means.

If you are really interested and have the money available for this purchase reply me and I will send you more details regarding this program "eBay Motors", I'll not be able to wait for loan.

Best Wishes,
~Jason Tyler~

Old 10-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy crackers guys! i sent my money, see ya in two weeks when i'll have pictures of my delivered crossfire... i'll be waiting at the door impatiently... hehehe.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:07 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You can't be serious, are you?

Old 10-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Re: Another ebay scam?

Originally Posted by intenseblu
holy crackers guys! i sent my money, see ya in two weeks when i'll have pictures of my delivered crossfire... i'll be waiting at the door impatiently... hehehe.
I am sorry to tell you but I think you have been scammed with one of those second chance offers because thats my new car I bought on Monday. It's suppose to be here in time for Halloween and the return of the Great Pumpkin.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Forum Regular

I don't know what all you guys are talking about. I found this gem of a deal first and it's mine. I thought it would make a nice Christmas gift. So from what everybody is suggestion, I might be waiting till Christmas and maybe even longer to get this delivered. Do you think he would ship it before my check clears? I hope so because it took almost an hour to make that check look so nice on my computer the other night.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Forum Regular

Darn, and I was next in line with some pocket change I found in my couch. That, and a few less trips to Starbucks and I can buy a Crossfire with NO shipping! Whoopee!

Old 10-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by intenseblu
please tell me you really didn't buy the car.

dude if you did...you got f**ked.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Forum Regular

Once the car arrives I will give you $500 more than you paid for it.
Should I start getting my money together? Wow a company that is going to ship the car back at no charge, WHY? See nice people do exist out there!
I'm get angry with the fact that someone in a foreign country thinks they are smart enough to pull the wool over our eyes, but then I realize it must happen or these scams wouldn't be out there.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:28 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I think we should all send him e-mails with interest to buy for more money, and start our own auction.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Forum Regular

ok this is getting confusing... so after it is delivered here i have to ship it to Idaho before the great pumpkin arrives and he has to ship it to The Toy before christmas but in the end upstate is going to send me $500 dollars more than i paid for it when it is shipped to him... mmm sounds confusing but still a good deal... ok i am on it...

lol ... upstate hit it on the head, how is it that someone is going to try and scam us ? we don't believe anyone... especially us tri staters, we are faced with scams on a daily basis... being a close proximity to NYC i get offers to buy everything from leather jackets to expensive bikes on the street... but we know better, we know where it came from, and we would not touch it cause it just enables thieves to make a living off of others property ... but a scam like this one, one would have to be very very dense to fall for ...

i had a similar occurrence when i was selling my brothers gorgeous talon tsi (very quick automatic fwd, 13.3 - 13.5 consistently) ... i had a offer from the son of a wealthy business man that was off on business in Arabia and had given his son a check for twice the amount of what the car is worth and wanted to buy it and have me refund him the remaining money after the purchase ... so after the check bounced two weeks later he would have been gone and i'd be out by 10k ... i rolled on the floor for a good few minutes when i got this offer and proceeded to toy with him for a week or so asking him for details of how to go about this and finished by not responding to his emails at which point he got very agitated and emailed me a dozen or so times with more agitation shown each time...

Old 10-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Forum Regular

My son had a similar experience with selling his very expensive computer lap top (Alien). Idiots would offer him twice or three times the amount, offering Western Union funds and sending to Namibia or some other country. Ha...no dice, but he did toy with them for a bit.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 PM

That was the same reply I got from the guy too. I sure hope no one fell that deal. I smelled bull all over it.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Forum Regular

I had a guy try and pull a scam on me. I had the car listed for sale either on the INTERNET or eBay, I can't remember. Said he was going to pay me full price plus another two thousand to cover shipping the car. I was to deposit his check and send him the two thousand dollars so he could make arrangements on his end for shipping. I knew it was a scam but thought if I played along I would have enough info to get him arrested. The check was FEDEX'd to me (Not US post to avoid mail fraud charges, they are good). I then contacted the bank in the other state. They were a legitimate bank however the bank check was no good. I call the state police. They had no interest in pursuing it since they criminal was in one state, the check was from another and I was in the third state. So it went no where, and that is why they can get away with it! At least I cost them the shipping to me, my little bit of satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Another ebay scam?