Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Getting tired of waiting....

Old 06-24-2003, 06:24 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Getting tired of waiting....

This is hard... I extended the lease of my current car for an entire year so I could get the Crossfire. So far my dealer still doesn't know when they are going to be getting their first Crossfire, and I'm the second person on the list, so who knows when that one will come. They said the guy ahead of me wasn't too sure whether he wanted it or not, so hopefully he won't and I'll get the first one. They've been building the Crossfire since February so there should be enough to go around... I wish they had coordinated the launch a little better and didn't keep us and the dealers in the dark. Its getting more difficult by the day.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should call the bigger Chrysler dealers in NJ some have crossfires at MSRP on the lot.Some people back out of deals and the cars are available.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:27 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I'm being a little picky though... I want a 6-speed with the cedar interior and any of the grey/black colors. Called a few dealers and they don't have anything matching that yet. My dealer is getting a black six speed with cedar interior for their first one, but dont know when it will come, and who knows if the guy ahead of me will turn it down.

Old 06-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was picky too, but looking at the allocation and the uncertain future of getting a 6-speed into the lot at the right color before winter...

After a 20-min drive in a demo car, temptation took the better of me so now I own a Crossfire, right color, right interior but autostick.

I figured if I wanted stick bad enough and one does come along, I'll just sell this one and get the stick.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:54 PM

I see most of you guys on here are from the States ... good website whoever set it up ! ... i live in England and have just placed a deposit on a Crossfire which is launching across here in October ... gone for a Silver, Auto version .... when are yours available ?

Old 07-01-2003, 01:15 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by devere
I see most of you guys on here are from the States ... good website whoever set it up ! ... i live in England and have just placed a deposit on a Crossfire which is launching across here in October ... gone for a Silver, Auto version .... when are yours available ?
Thanks for the compliment! Ours are actually available now in limited quantities. If I could find the one that I wanted I would already have it by now. The two most important factors for me are Cedar interior and 6 speed. My dealer should get one in pretty soon, hopefully.

Old 07-01-2003, 01:34 PM

Would have opted for 6 speed except have a new Porsche Boxster S which is 6 speed manual and wanted an auto in the Crossfire ... also I had an Auto SLK230 before my Boxster S and that gearbox was excellent ... might wwell look into the 2 tone seating after your comments MIGHTYJLR