Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler Crossfire reliability - better stats

Old 03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Crossfire reliability - better stats

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

Chrysler didn't sell many Crossfires, so normally I would think it was possible to get enough owners involved to include it in the survey. But we're just ten cars short with the 2005, and the 2004 is also about halfway. So it seems possible after all.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.
To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Passat, for free. I'll share results in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help get the Crossfire included:

Car reliability research

Old 03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Crossfire reliability - better stats

I'm in. Not enough to do, I guess?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now that they fixed the website we get new car owners which is great.

But unfortunately we also get unwanted solicitors! SPAM threads!

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 03-12-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Look, if you're not interested in better stats on the Crossfire, that's fine by me. But please don't think that because you're not personally interested that no one is interested.

I put over 70 hours a week into conducting this research. It's a lot of hard work. Please don't make it harder than it already is.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:34 PM

I am not interested in stats. If you want to do a survey on the reliability of our cars, read the thousands of threads and fill it out yourself.

You are not a Crossfire owner and have no interest in the car. Your only interest is in doing your job so this is not the proper forum for junk mail, spam or soliciting. If you were a true forum member I can understand where you are coming from... but your interest here is strictly for soliciting purposes.

I encourage everyone to ignore this thread and not take the survey. Otherwise we will start getting more outsiders annoying us with these types of threads.

This forum is a place to talk about Crossfires... by people who own or are interested in Crossfires. I am not interested in seeing spam threads with links to surveys here. This is not the right place for such nonsense.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 03-12-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mkaresh
Look, if you're not interested in better stats on the Crossfire, that's fine by me. But please don't think that because you're not personally interested that no one is interested.

I put over 70 hours a week into conducting this research. It's a lot of hard work. Please don't make it harder than it already is.
Well, I certainly hope that you get paid well for your 70 hours a week of trolling car forums. I am curious.... Do you get more satisfaction from your work than say........ a telemarketer?

Old 03-12-2010, 02:46 PM

The only emails I've ever received asking me to get the Crossfire into the survey have come from Crossfire owners. Whether or not I can provide this information will make not a bit of difference to the overall success of the survey.

But I like to be helpful, and provide the information--for free--to help those who might want it. Repay me for my hard work by giving me grief, and I won't bother.

Again you write as if your opinion is everyone's opinion, or at least that your opinion is the only one that should count. Who's "we?"

Old 03-12-2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Well, I certainly hope that you get paid well for your 70 hours a week of trolling car forums. I am curious.... Do you get more satisfaction from your work than say........ a telemarketer?
Last I checked, trolls post in forums to stir up trouble, which is certainly not my intent.

No one pays me. This survey is my creation. And, with 50,000 car owners signed up so far and frequent thankful emails from people helped by the stats, yes, it is generally satisfying.

I get satisfaction from creating something, not from tearing others work down.

Usually forums decide to help out, and together we accomplish something. Other times, not.

In the Chrysler sphere, allpar has been a big supporter from the beginning.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:55 PM

The only emails I've ever received asking me to get the Crossfire into the survey have come from Crossfire owners.
If there is a Crossfire owner in this group that wants the rest of us to take the survey, they would let us know and we would do it. That is how it works in this forum.

But to create a user name and register with this forum just to put a link up here asking us to take your survey is a low blow in my book.

If there is someone out there curious for answers about Crossfires, they can join this forum and we would be happy to give them all the info they want. Maybe you should be the one putting a link on your site to this forum!

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 03-12-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Last I checked, trolls post in forums to stir up trouble, which is certainly not my intent.
Trolls are also good at sneaking around and hiding in places where you least expect them...

Old 03-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, so you join the forum and yesterday reply on a couple of threads like you are interested in these cars and are a Crossfire owner, so that you do not appear to come in here soliciting on your first post. Then you solicit for information for your site that has a revenue model of suscribed members. I just think that you could have been more up front with your intentions by explaining that you own a business and would like help with obtaining information, or contacting a moderator to get their blessing and introduce you. I do not have a problem with what you do per sey, but to cloak yourself as a member and then solicit is another thing entirely. This is just my opinion. Good luck with your business endeveor.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 PM

I'd be happy to link back to this forum, as I already do for many other forums. All I'd need for this is a request from an admin or mod.

When posting about the survey, I always make it clear that it is my survey. See the OP in this thread. There are plenty of companies who hire people to pretend to be regular owners on forums and social media sites, but that's not how I operate.

If I sat around waiting for others to get the ball rolling, in many cases I'd still be waiting. Though this did happen with a German Crossfire forum some time ago. I cannot tell you exactly what people posted there--can't read German.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I thionk I did register the Cross on true Delta when It first came out, maybe it was the ElDorado, can't remember. In any event, TRueD website was a bit hard to read at that time, and perhaps it was because it was new. There is no cost for this, it's just a bunch of owners re: reliability. Money to be made perhaps on hits. Don't go if you don't want it, but if I'm not mistaken, his name is Mike, but when you try to start something it is indeed awfully hard to get things moving, so I have no issue. On this forum, we know most of what we got going on, and since there production is done, probably not alot of folks will be seeking reliability reports off the cross. I don't know when I last looked for reliability reports for the AMX I eventually want. LOL!

Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Thanks for putting a word in. I have continuously been working to make the site simpler to navigate. Some people still find it too difficult, but I don't hear this nearly as much as I used to.

As mdaniels said, if you have no interest in these stats, just don't visit the site. After I posted here last time quite a few owners signed up--so many are interested.

The 2004 is now about halfway to the minimum, and the 2005 is only three cars short.

If you want to help get your year included in the survey:

Car reliability research

Last edited by mkaresh; 04-13-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Thanks for putting a word in. I have continuously been working to make the site simpler to navigate. Some people still find it too difficult, but I don't hear this nearly as much as I used to.

As mdaniels said, if you have no interest in these stats, just don't visit the site. After I posted here last time quite a few owners signed up--so many are interested.

The 2004 is now about halfway to the minimum, and the 2002 is only three cars short.

If you want to help get your year included in the survey:

Car reliability research
I would absolutely LOVE to see those 2002 Crossfire stats on reliability. I bet there's not a single 2002 that has ever had a problem. That was a great year for Crossfires. Karmann really knew what they were doing back then.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:12 PM

Very funny. Typo fixed.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular

Nice to see that you branch out from the vortex/car lounge forum!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:25 PM

I joined truedelta before I bought my xf. Back then it wasn't a great site, kinds tough to navigate thru, but it was an honest way to build a database of car reliability that requires user input to be effective.

I'll log in and update my info, thanks for the opportunity. I wish our society didn't drive such scepticism, but unfortunately it does.

Dh

Old 04-13-2010, 10:10 PM

I'm always trying to improve the site, but receive surprisingly little feedback that's detailed enough to work from.

If you have suggestions, send them on over.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM

Just an observation, but why wasn't the Crossfire ever listed in Consumer Reports Magazine? They have in their 2010 Buying Guide many car models, including the Mercedes SLK, but no Crossfires.

They did list in "Used Cars To Avoid" my 2004 Crossfire, but no other years. So I guess you guys with the 2005 to 2007 are safe .

Quick Reply: Chrysler Crossfire reliability - better stats